+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1092

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Harvey Birdman, Hero at Law

Im going to say that I am on the not-related side of this one. I think it has already been driven home that Endeavor was a bad father, so giving another example is not adding anything to the story or character developement.

I am thinking Dabi was sent in simply because he would (assumingly) be immune to fire. Fire is Endeavor's main means of attack seen so far, so then it just comes down to one fighter vs another. Makes sense to me that the Nomu got sent in first to give Dabi the advantage in that duel.

Grant you that is just me projecting my hopes, so we will see what comes of it.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

I&F is cheering daddy.

Shouldn't he have broken all his bones from that fall? OR were the feathers still there.

A Wild BurningMan appear. See that should have been the start of the arc. I still feel weird how that super important fight started from nowhere.

I'm exited to see where that meeting could go.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    As I am thinking Horikoshi is trying to redeem Endeavour, the last chapters gave me the feeling maybe he didn't lookout an ice quirk simply to get the strongest kid, but because the ice powers would keep his kids safe from overheating like him. Dabi maybe came from before he realized that and maybe looked for another heat/fire quirk that would sum to his and thus Dabi came as someone who can barely use his quirk without suffering heavy collateral damages.
    I think that was clear when he mentioned the overheating in his fight. Rei is perfect because with the Ice can offset the overheating and the fire can offset the frostbite. That way he gets a kid with no weakness.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think that was clear when he mentioned the overheating in his fight. Rei is perfect because with the Ice can offset the overheating and the fire can offset the frostbite. That way he gets a kid with no weakness.
    That's not what I am talking about.
    I am saying that since the last chapters feel like Endeavor is going to be redeemed, the scene about him wanting an Ice wife to nullify the overheating effect of his quirk could be not because he was looking for "more powerful kids than with fire alone" but "a way to protect his future children from a quirk that could hurt them" - it would be something he looked out of worry for his future children rather than strategically aiming for a effective and powerful combination of quirks.
    If it is like that (and we are revealed he only abused Todoroki so much because he knew he could only wield his quirk safely if he managed to master both powers), Dabi could be the child he lost because of that lack of insight.

Something like this:
    > Endeavor wants kid to surpass All Might. MORE FIRE, MORE POWER! Finds a woman with a powerful fire quirk.
    > Dabi is born, his quirk is so dangerous he suffers terribly from it and eventually dies at a very young age.
    > Endeavor is haunted by the memories of his dead son and wants to protect his future family from harm. Finds a woman with a powerful ice quirk.
    > Decides to train his kids as heroes, but goes to extremes to make sure they will completely master their quirks so no harm can come their way. It is not abuse, it's love, even though it pains him so much he has to make sure Shoto will never be consumed by his own flames and can only achieve that by perfect control of his powers.
    > Cuts to this chapter. "Hi, dad, guess who didn't died?"

That seems like a ridicoulous retcon but Acacia was a great guy and Gilthunder was being blackmailed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I know there's tons of evidence suggesting that Dabi is Endeavor's son, but I really don't want it to be true. I just don't think there's that much of an interesting story to tell from that. It's 90% likely it would just be "Endeavor pushed Dabi really hard until Dabi was either abandoned or ran away and hates his dad because of it." I just don't see much mystery in it, and would feel way too similar to Todoroki's backstory.
    If anything, the way Horikoshi writes his story makes me think he'll purposely try to avoid that cliché.
    Remember when Bakugou was supposed to be the second coming of Sasuke?

Anyway, it's all in the execution. He can still go that route and pull it off.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    That seems like a ridicoulous retcon but Acacia was a great guy and Gilthunder was being blackmailed.
    And Sasuke DID say he was sorry.

Dabi's going to shoot Endeavor with a Quirk-erasing bullet.

Skip the quirk erasing bit and we have a deal. Death is the best quirk erasing skill

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    That would actually be a good twist. Especially now that he basically have everything he wanted and was about to make amends.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    Skip the quirk erasing bit and we have a deal. Death is the best quirk erasing skill
    Death would be easy and it would most likely lead to him being a martyr.

Wiping out his Quirk would destroy Endeavor's career and life but keep him around to be a part of Shoto's character arc. It would also knock out a Pillar of Peace within like a month of the last one retiring (tearful merchants burn their No. 1 Hero shirts again), further destabilizing society as per the Legion of Doom's whole deal.

Wash will rise in the rankings, as is good and proper.

Wiping out his Quirk would destroy Endeavor's career and life but keep him around to be a part of Shoto's character arc. It would also knock out a Pillar of Peace within like a month of the last one retiring (tearful merchants burn their No. 1 Hero shirts again), further destabilizing society as per the Legion of Doom's whole deal.

Wash will rise in the rankings, as is good and proper.
    Plausible and satisfying.

Also, Hawks needs time to regrow feathers and Jeanist is still out of commission, so the rankings implicitly shift up by *3* (if not officially).
    Making Wash #5, baby.

As all things should be

Guess it's time for the two no-name body part splitting heroes to shine because Endeavor and Hawks are screwed. Gotta say, that Dabi spread was gorgeous.

I don't think Dabi is getting a serious fight yet. He'll throw some shade, tell the populous how screwed they are (probably got more High Ends cooking somewhere) then peace out with an I'm Pink Diamond a Todoroki bomb and let the media do the rest.

NNID: jervinnectar

Basically two arcs from now Wash will be No. 1 Hero and he will get all the merchandise before dying heroically against Mr. Handy.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Or TRY, but mistakenly hit him with the antidote serum bullet, given they didn't know which was which when they robbed the convoy.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Dabi doesn't even need to make Endeavor quirkless. He just needs to make it clear Endeavor is a shitty, abusive All Might knock-off that can't be a Symbol of anything with his character flaws. Endeavor is already out of commission for a bit with his injuries and bad PR will do the rest.

If Dabi trashes Endeavor and then shoots Hawks, though. That would be cold-blooded af.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I hope Hawks doesn't get wrecked any worse :(

He's totally ignorant about Enji's crimes, and it would be kind of interesting to see the lazy slacker dude deal with instant disillusionment (with his hero) and then have to step up and be the symbol that he believes there *needs* to be.

Before Wash ascends the throne, that is.

How can you people be so blind to Wash machinations to ascend to the number one spot? He is obviously in cahoots with the LoV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wash is the true successor to One for All.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Dabi doesn't even need to make Endeavor quirkless. He just needs to make it clear Endeavor is a shitty, abusive All Might knock-off that can't be a Symbol of anything with his character flaws. Endeavor is already out of commission for a bit with his injuries and bad PR will do the rest.

If Dabi trashes Endeavor and then shoots Hawks, though. That would be cold-blooded af.
    I prefer quirless because it continues with Endevour getting robbed of his goals in the most frustrating way.

He is currently trying to redeem himself by becoming a hero can be proud of. What better things than to rob him of that chance right after he made the first step by destroying High end.

Just trashing him doesn't really destroy him in a interesting way since he already recognized his faults. Destroying the path he wanted to use for redemption is so much more worse and interesting.

One way or the other Endeavor lived up to my hype. He beaten stronger Noumu than All Might, I would even say that Endeavor is as strong or stronger than All Might at time of ending first season of MHA.

As for his character he shows strong drive towards changing as a man and I found that great. I hope he does not get shot by those bullets.. but if he will, I will manage. What I would not like would be if Dabi kills nr 1 or nr 2 or if he would shoot Hawks and make him quirkless. Judging on preview for next chapter Hawks will be in spotlight of next chapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information