+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 379 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 7562

Thread: My Hero Academia II - A true Hero

  1. #7241

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    ~Vig Talk~

    Once again we see Koichi's years as a vigilante and passive nature worked to his advantage. Not sure what Number 6 can do now except for using psychological warfare. I'm really interesting in knowing what's the difference between No. 6 and Nomu other than him being alive and made from scratch.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  2. #7242

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Here we can see that today's episode budget went solely for the Pietà still.

  3. #7243

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    It sucks that they're cutting out the little things that give the characters personality and depth. Destro's personality is pretty much standard villain boss. His commercial and interaction with his assistant went a long way painting him as someone more than that.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  4. #7244

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Shigi doing meta talk about this season:

  5. #7245
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Dear god this episode felt rushed. Re-Destro and company feel incredibly bland and just shoved in as another enemy for the League to conquer. Doing Toga's big fight immediately feels wrong since it doesn't feel like a proper fight as a result.

    Bleh.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  6. #7246

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns


  7. #7247

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Dear god this episode felt rushed. Re-Destro and company feel incredibly bland and just shoved in as another enemy for the League to conquer.
    Even the manga wasn't much better on this front tbh...

  8. #7248

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Even the manga wasn't much better on this front tbh...
    They are bland compared to the LoV because of exposure, but cutting the meaningful scenes like the comercial and Redestro killing his company subordinate make then even blander.

  9. #7249

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    The MHA chapter was....Okay. Ochako's speech really didn't seem good enough to bring tears...It felt kinda rambley.

  10. #7250

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Ochako's chapter feels like a reflection of Toga's backstory...
    She/Her
    Avatar by JayBeeTG
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

  11. #7251

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    They are bland compared to the LoV because of exposure, but cutting the meaningful scenes like the comercial and Redestro killing his company subordinate make then even blander.
    Oh I agree that the anime has unnecessarily made this arc and its antagonists worse, I was just pointing out that in the grand scheme of things, the MLA did continue the trend of there just being new villains that weren't all that fleshed out that the LoV just steamroll over. For anime-only fans, it sucks that they aren't getting the best possible version of this arc. But for us manga readers, it's like, meh, I'm already aware of how lackluster the MLA sadly ended up being, especially past this arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    The MHA chapter was....Okay. Ochako's speech really didn't seem good enough to bring tears...It felt kinda rambley.
    It was very cheesy and frankly Uraraka's lacking screentime/portrayal thus far made it even harder to buy into.

  12. #7252

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    I kinda agree it was rambley, but I like that. Almost like she's struggling to put her emotions into words. And, she hasn't completely turned the crowd, just gotten them to stop and think. Kota and Giant Fox Woman coming in for the assist helps. Ochaco created a Support Deku wave for others to ride. I can totally see Inko, the parents, are other all rushing to Deku's side in solidary.

    And, I love the WE became the greatest heroes note.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  13. #7253

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Yeah. I suppose her rambling was also more realistic.

    I also liked that last line. I'm glad to see it changed from I to We.

    Also poor Deku. He's had an emotional day so I'll let his sobbing mess go lol.

  14. #7254

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Not to beat on a dead horse, but beating on...the storyboard sequence for the Toga final part of the victory was miles better than what Bones delivered.
    https://twitter.com/sakugabrasil/sta...785127938?s=20

  15. #7255

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    "I want you to be my companion. My muse. As Superman had Lois Lane. As Spider-Man had Mary Jane Watson. As Green Lantern had whoever he had."
    “Green Lantern had….”*gestures in the direction of a refrigerator*

    I’ve been really digging this series post-Downfall.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

  16. #7256

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Not to beat on a dead horse, but beating on...the storyboard sequence for the Toga final part of the victory was miles better than what Bones delivered.
    https://twitter.com/sakugabrasil/sta...785127938?s=20
    The production being unable to handle Vincent Chansard's original ideas is a real shame. I wish there was time for the full version to be able to added to the Blu-ray release of the series but I suspect that after this stink the production will specifically not try to animate the full scene.
    She/Her
    Avatar by JayBeeTG
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

  17. #7257

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    The production being unable to handle Vincent Chansard's original ideas is a real shame. I wish there was time for the full version to be able to added to the Blu-ray release of the series but I suspect that after this stink the production will specifically not try to animate the full scene.
    After having this scene not adapted he asked to removed from staff credits from the episode, so this is probably the only chance we got to see the see being both good and more faithful to the manga.

  18. #7258
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A true Hero

    Dude... this chapter got me.

  19. #7259

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - It Burns

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    After having this scene not adapted he asked to removed from staff credits from the episode, so this is probably the only chance we got to see the see being both good and more faithful to the manga.
    I'm aware that he asked not to be credited. It's my hope that the production might still find a way for a future master being completed using the full scene but I'm also nigh convinced that such won't happen after this whole backlash.
    She/Her
    Avatar by JayBeeTG
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

  20. #7260

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A true Hero

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    Dude... this chapter got me.
    Thank you!

    I felt the same.
    Hori has really been doing a good job of making me feel the emotion in this scene of the arc.
    I felt a lump in my throat with this chapter.

    I also loved that Ochaco suddenly remembered Toga's tears after she mentioned everyone being able to smile together.
    It shows that there's still hope for a connection with Toga.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. Squirrel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts