+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 329 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 6577

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

CP0 would have worked better if they weren't called cp0 and just something else entirely
    Why have that branding when it's not exactly a secret nor does the job scope falls under anything cp
    Their espionage stuff is specifically cp1-9 but I guess putting them under any other CP screws with the power level

Took way too long to reveal this... to the point where frankly Endeavor's transgressions are the least of everyone's worries right now.

On the bright side, loved Dabi telling Endeavor he's garbage, and will always be garbage.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    CP0 would have worked better if they weren't called cp0 and just something else entirely
    Why have that branding when it's not exactly a secret nor does the job scope falls under anything cp
    Their espionage stuff is specifically cp1-9 but I guess putting them under any other CP screws with the power level
    Yup, should have just called them Aegis or something. But Oda wanted to explore CP again and take the chance to recycle fan favourites like Lucci and Kaku. Doesn't bother me too much, but it does contradict previous statements about CP going from 1 to 8, with 9 being the secret assassins.

I guess the CP0 is no secret, they are tenryuubito's bodyguards, the secret is their underworld dealing like buying seastone from Orochi, oredering Moriah's assassination during the war and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I wonder what would've happened if Dabi got hit with a small amount of water before now. Gosh, that would've been embarrassing.

That said, as devastating as this reveal is, I'm looking forward to seeing where the Todoroki Family all stand on this. While they may all not get enough time to react because of this emergency, I notice that Dabi seems emotionally stunted whereas Shoto and even Endeavor has been growing throughout the story. In a sense, Shoto's already moved on from a lot of the issues holding Dabi down. There's going to be a reckoning on that one point alone, not even factoring in all the controversy around this situation.
    That's a good point. Natsuo is probably the only other family member that hasn't really moved past Endeavor's actions. It's interesting we didn't see Fuyumi or his reactions to the news breaking.

If anything this will make Natsuo tell the media that the stories of abuse and neglect are true and they will start digging about the whereabouts of Rei Todoroki and the origin of Shoto's scar.

Feels like I am the only one who is thinking "who cares"? Hes not the best parent, so what? A lot of people dont have great parent, yet don't become serial killers. This must be a Japanese thing where everyone else's actions make you lose face or some crap.

There's a huge difference between not being the best parent and playing Pokémon breeding with your children, tossing failures aside and general physical AND emotional abuse towards all other family members. Not sure how you were raised but I'm pretty sure that this would be severely frowned upon in the Western world as well, to say the least.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

It is the way that is framed on the manga, this isn’t training, or inko trying to stop deku after he breaks his arms twice, the manga agrees that endeavor did something awful and did it for selfish reasons.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Endeavor is pretty much Judge Vinsmoke when it comes to parenting, so yeah... not great company.

Not to mention heroes are put on a pedestal in this series. They're THE good guys. It's bad enough if a regular hero did this but for the Number 1 hero in all of Japan? That's a big no-no.

NNID: jervinnectar

Yea he probably went too far but I dont think he was torturing the kid and being malicious. He had high expectations and pushed him. Albeit too far.

Still it's not like he was doing all of this and paying off cops and reporters to keep it a secret ir silencing people who spoke out.

Heck I dont even think the manga has accused him of using his hero status as a shield.

Mu point is that this is on the wife just as much and it's on all the people who willing ignore everything so they dont have to take any responsibility. Just like all the people who walked by a homeless crying shigi.

Also. I think hori is way out of his depth with this writing and is doing very surface level exploration and it's making the manga worse.

These villains murdered countless people and destroyed cities, but hes trying to pretend that this parenting thing is more important or that the public will care more.

He trained a 5 year Shoto until be boy puked.
    His wife had a mental breakdown and got institutionalized, but I don't think anyone outside of the family and her psychotherapist knows whats about.
    He didn't need his status as a hero for shield him, only his status as father.

The public was already doubting the heroes capabilities after All Might retired, having the know no 1 hero be responsible for the creation of a villain part of the organization the caused the great super human destruction Japan has faced probably since Shigaraki Sr. and Destro's era. That's gonna reflect pretty bad.

And shoto is not a serial killer like dabi. Also, instead of having a break down, how about she just files for divorce?

People need to take personal responsibility. Endeavour messed up with toya, allegedly, but he has 3 other kids that are fine. Plenty of great parents have bad kids and vice versa.

The country is about to devolve into anarchy, and be ruled by sociopathic criminals. However, people are going to be concerned about endeavour's parenting? Its laughably bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by themick View Post
    Endeavour messed up with toya, allegedly, but he has 3 other kids that are fine. Plenty of great parents have bad kids and vice versa.

The country is about to devolve into anarchy, and be ruled by sociopathic criminals. However, people are going to be concerned about endeavour's parenting? Its laughably bad writing.
    "allegedly", dude has third degree burns across his body. And Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto are all damaged by Endeavor's parenting (Fuyumi is holding the family together through sheer force of will, Natsuo expressly hates his father, Shoto hated himself for years and years because of Endeavor, and this isn't getting into Rei.)

The point with airing Endeavor's dirty laundry is to shatter faith in the Hero System, expediting the breakdown of society that's been going on since Kamino Ward. The people already don't like Endeavor (his popularity was always in the shitter) because he was a dick, now they're really not going to like him because he was a monster. If the New Symbol of Peace is such a shithead, then what good is the "Peace"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "allegedly", dude has third degree burns across his body. And Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto are all damaged by Endeavor's parenting (Fuyumi is holding the family together through sheer force of will, Natsuo expressly hates his father, Shoto hated himself for years and years because of Endeavor, and this isn't getting into Rei.)

The point with airing Endeavor's dirty laundry is to shatter faith in the Hero System, expediting the breakdown of society that's been going on since Kamino Ward. The people already don't like Endeavor (his popularity was always in the shitter) because he was a dick, now they're really not going to like him because he was a monster. If the New Symbol of Peace is such a shithead, then what good is the "Peace"?
    Please let me know what chapter endeavour roasts dabi as a child, because I must have missed it. Even deku had parent issues because his mom didnt support his unrealistic dream.

Being an asshole is not a crime. If the people in this manga are asking what the point of peace or what good is it becuase the #1 ranked hero, who doesnt lie or cheat or break laws that we know of, is human. Then they deserve the apocalypse shigi will put on them.

I mean of course hes going to be dusting their family members and endeavor shows up to save them and they say "nah, you were mean to a kid a long time ago"

This manga started good but then lost all perspective when the power creep kicked in.

Seems like endeavor might save the world/japan because of his child rearing. Shoto is going to contribute now and in the future in big ways.

How has the rest of the world dealt with these ultra powerful villains? Shigi is a world threat should be a quick easy solution to get help from abroad, similar to what countries do in solo leveling when an S rank gate shows up.

It's important to have a symbol. And with this, hero society doesn't have a symbol any more. It's really that simple and you can try to rationalize and justify Endeavour's side any way you like.

Even in real world, general public doesn't read much further than an article title. Anyone followed what happened with Johnny Depp recently? And Endeavour is actually guilty of what he's being accused of. No more #1 hero powerhouse to keep the villains in check by simply being an existing threat.

The only way his reputation can be saved is if Endeavour's whole non-psycho part of the family stands behind him in the face of public afterwards. Or if he sacrifices himself here.

But really, Endeavour himself won't be that big of a deal if next Dabi uncovers on TV broadcast how he was trained as child soldier by an element inside hero society. People *love* child soldiers.
    Last edited by Razh; November 11th, 2020 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Nah Endeavour is a shitty father.
    Shouto turning out to be a good and successful hero isn't on him and it's on Deku and his friends.
    Just because someone has popular recognition or societal achievements doesn't change the fact he was a piece of shit for a father.
    Dude was willing to fuck up the lives of children, his own, traumatized his wife all just because his couldn't shut his ego up for a while.
    This is well deserved, that nicely animated scene of him fighting an high end is nowhere near a redemption.

Yeah, Enji realizing his mistakes and trying to atone doesnīt change the past, it seems that the message that Hori wants to give is "Even if the person that wronged you has changed, you donīt have to forgive them if you donīt want to and if they donīt respect that, it means they didnīt actually change"

In fact, now that he may lose his status and position, his atonement will be put to test. Right now, even if he survives and does his best to repair the damage he has done, he wonīt get anything from it (he wonīt get his family back and he wonīt be able to keep his position either) So if Endy doesnīt make excuses and accepts his responsability, then we can say he has truly changed for the better.

Lastly I personally think that both Shoto and Natsuo would have exposed Endeavor years ago if the consequences for the other family members werenīt so harsh, so Endeavor getting a kind of easy "redemption arc" up until now was kinda because it depended on the other family members wanting to move on and not really having other options.

Endeavor didn’t roast any child, We know how shoto got his, and the way that dabi acts when he flexes his powers strongly imply “self inflicted”. But that is irrelevant on the grand scheme of things.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information