+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 326 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6510

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Will Horikoshi pull a Lex Luthor and have Monarch run for Prime-Minister?
    They already have Trumpet as the gov't guy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    A good part of this reveal is Horikoshi reminding us that no matter what Endeavor did to him, Dabi is still a humongous piece of shit of his own free will thanks to re-traumatizing his mom.
    Of all the villains Dabi is probably the most psychopath in the League, maybe Muscular and Moonfish were on the same league as him.

What's really scary is how happy Dabi is. He's been waiting to drop this bomb for a looong time and looks likes he's having the time of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I liked the reveal but I'm having a hard time seeing what real trouble that could cause for Endeavor.

He might no longer be voted Number 1 (since popularity is part of it) but honestly, so what? I think hero ranking will be the least of their problems after this arc.

Also, it's not like that would prevent him to be a hero and continue to save people. He won't go to jail or lose his hero licence because he was a shitty man in the past. Especially since his family were already forgiving him.

Plus, I have a feeling we'll get some Endeavor's side of the story that will kinda redeem him.

I'm way more worried about the mom's mental health.
    Max already addressed it, but I'd like to add people will be looking for someone to blame and since Endeavor's the #1 hero it may fall on him (and heroes in general). Also, people tend to blame parents for what their kids do (whether they had something to do with it or not). Endeavor's gonna get a ton of flack for "raising a murderer". "How can he save the country when he can't even save his family?" Stuff like that will be shouted. Man, I hope Horikoshi takes full advantage of what he's setup this arc in the following arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    He probably blames her too.

I'm still needing to know how or why the Todoroki's thought he was dead. Cause that funeral picture he looked to be in middle or high school.
    Looking forward to Toya Todoroki: Origin and Dabi: Origin. Although I'm kinda hoping we get that in a later arc.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    You have to put this reveal after the breaking of all might. You had superman, golden age perfect superman who always won and made the correct choice, and even if he lost his lungs he lived and died to keep people safe and so they could live in blissful ignorance on how easy a maniac with the right quirk could come and end it all. But then he's gone, and then Endeavor is there, who got disfigured at challenges that All Might stoped on the way to buy breakfast.

Then there is this shitshow, showing that endeavor can't do shit to what all might did, and that all might was just an illusion, and then you find out that the old flamebeard personal life and home crimes helped cause this mess?

If people can't trust heroes, you wake up to the reality where you can't know for sure that a madman won't just run in and grind your home to dust, or make the oxigen in your lungs expand until you pop, or little miss vampire sucks you dry to cosplay as you, if heroes can't defend you, you have to do it yourself What OG Destro wanted, or if the hero agencies can't defend the population, people like Hawks will have to do the job directly in the state control, what an actually facist goverment would want.

All Might was a fluke, a lucky accident where the strongest was also the kindest.
    Hm... Forgot about the Meta Liberation Army. Yeah, I'm wondering if there be a surge of new recruits now. And, of course the Police Commissioner General will probably overhaul (heh) the police force, giving them more power or mechs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    I hope Mama Todoroki escapes to the battle scene to join the fight. It's so tiring seeing her as a pawn in the story.
    I don't see that happening, but I really want her and Dabi to meet up again at some point. Oh! I just realized reporters looking into the Todoroki family will find out Rei's in the hospital. That's not gonna help Endeavor's rep.

NNID: jervinnectar

I keep foreseeing Rei dispelling the story and revealing that she was an active participant in whatever Endeavor did. I hope not, though. Boku no Hero Academia is a comic franchise for children so that would be really shitty of JUMP and Horikoshi to do. I hope Endeavor gets what he has coming and we don't teach kids that spousal and child abuse is fake.
    She/Her

please don't let him stay in that hair color scheme it's horrendous to his design

Dabi is going to destroy Hero Society by telling the story of how Rei dunked him in the family jacuzzi when it was really hot, forever turning him to villainy.

Endeavor still has no idea who this "Touya" is, but he sounds disappointing.

So we finally get to the big twist after YEARS. Yay?

Is this unsurprising because everyone figured it out years ago and we all agreed it made sense, or is it because the story actually laid it out organically and dropped a bunch of hints? I don't remember anymore, I don't know if this is supposed to be a surprise or a payoff.

Kind of like when Naruto revealed there was a 10 tailed beast in teh artificial moon, which we figured out and joked about it based on a single panel way in advance.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Is this unsurprising because everyone figured it out years ago and we all agreed it made sense, or is it because the story actually laid it out organically and dropped a bunch of hints? I don't remember anymore, I don't know if this is supposed to be a surprise or a payoff.

Kind of like when Naruto revealed there was a 10 tailed beast in teh artificial moon, which we figured out and joked about it based on a single panel way in advance.
    The story laid it out organically and dropped a bunch of hints which is why people have figured it out years ago and agreed that it made sense. So its the payoff, we were expecting the reveal at some point and the juicy bit is that it comes after Endeavor finally became the number one hero, after he started to try to make amends with his family, after he realized that hes been an abusive piece of shit father. Not only that but at the absolute worst moment when hero society is already wounded and mauled on the ground, and then Dabi comes along, sticks another poisoned knife into them and twists it with ecstatic delight

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

I wasn't aware of that.

I almost forgot, considering how much Hori loves callbacks, for me the dabi reveal also feels like a reference to Afo revealing Shiggy's identity to All Might. That said, maybe it's not intentional and I may be reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I wasn't aware of that.
    Yeah, you go back to the old Naruto threads, and at one point one of the characters reveals for the first time that one of the former kages made the artificial moon.

To which I instantly joked "Oh well, that's obviously actually the secret prison of the secret even better than the Kyuubi monster, the 10 tails! Lol, that would be incredibly stupid and the dumbest thing Kishi could possibly do." And then we joked about it for like two years and then it turned out to be entirely right.

Kishi kind of blew it there because it was SUCH an odd detail to mention that there had to be something to it, but then he didn't get around to it until later. It was still an incredibly dumb twist. He should have just made it a surprise when he got around to cracking the moon later instead of setting it up in advance and then revealed the lore dump..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Kage? I remember Nagato saying that Rikodu sage created moon.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.

There are organic, delayed twists and then there's "Who said the Espadas go from 1 to 10?!". The Ten Tails falls under the latter since the whole notion of tailed beasts was a big retcon in the first place (as it outright contradicted info given in part 1).

Dabi’s twist is more “sabo is alive” or “kuma was helping us all along” kind of reveal, yeah, we know (unless you were on denial) but the moment was there for catharsis, not surprise.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    There are organic, delayed twists and then there's "Who said the Espadas go from 1 to 10?!". The Ten Tails falls under the latter since the whole notion of tailed beasts was a big retcon in the first place (as it outright contradicted info given in part 1).
    Cypher pol 0 falls in the same category, no?
    As far as I remember initially it was said to be from 1 to 9.

On topic, I was excited to see this long awaited moment. Endavour dying is now guaranteed.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.

Cypher poll is double stupid because 9 is the secret one, and 0 is secret or elite as the hidden hand or best bodyguards of the celestial dragons.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I thought CP9 is the secret assassins, but CP0 is the known group that protects the Celestial Dragons. While 1-8 are just standard known field agents

Well, it's gonna be a hell of a story when you consider the Hawks connection. Will Dabi spill the beans on even more dark secrets of hero society next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I'm glad that so many of you guys seem to understand the difference between a "surprise" twist and an awaited reveal.

This was definitely the latter, and I liked the way it was illustrated.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I wonder what would've happened if Dabi got hit with a small amount of water before now. Gosh, that would've been embarrassing.

That said, as devastating as this reveal is, I'm looking forward to seeing where the Todoroki Family all stand on this. While they may all not get enough time to react because of this emergency, I notice that Dabi seems emotionally stunted whereas Shoto and even Endeavor has been growing throughout the story. In a sense, Shoto's already moved on from a lot of the issues holding Dabi down. There's going to be a reckoning on that one point alone, not even factoring in all the controversy around this situation.

What? Dabi is Endeavor's lost son..... oh man what a twist.... who saw that coming?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information