+ Reply to Thread
Page 306 of 325 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6494

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    something has to come out of it, from it works, to momo quits being a hero because her plan was worthless
    Giving Machia a sedative was Midnight's idea and she asked Momo to do it.
    Momo went along with it and she & the gang pulled through. Her part of the plan succeeded, which was "get the thing in his mouth".

Anything that happens afterwards is a miscalculation on Midnight's part.
    For all we know, Momo made the most powerful sedative on earth, but if it's not gonna work (due to size maybe) then it's not gonna work, which is a mistake by Midnight.

But even then, there's NO fault for trying, because it was a sound plan in theory,
    and as far as the actions needed to execute the plan..... they succeeded with it.

It's just that the outcome didn't fall favourably and he shrugged off the drug.
    I would NOT consider anything that's happened a failure on Momo's part, based on the logic expressed in this post.

She executed (in actions at least) exactly what Midnight wanted her to do.
    The outcome not being favourable after the fact... doesn't change that.

For me, Momo's plan being "worthless" only applies if they failed to get the drug in his mouth, since that was what they needed to do.
    They actually managed to do it, which validates her more than it takes away from her.
    Last edited by MDL; November 6th, 2020 at 06:57 PM.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Momo suffer's form overpowered quirk in a side character, which means Hori will hardly make something really interesting outta of her quirk.
    But seriously, how does she pooped so many mini howitzers against Machia with out getting Olive Oyl thin.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007929
    Spoiler:
    Dabi-Toya:Have you ever danced with the devil under the moonlight Enji Todoroki?

Well i have to say that it was a great chapter and made the delayed reveal worth it.

This chapter proves that it doesn“t matter is you can see a reveal coming, it can still be enjoyable to read. Sadly the heroes really lost this time, even if the manage to get Machia, between all the civilians deaths, the destruction and the national-wide reveal of Endeavor“s sins, it really wouldn“t matter.

Also, one thing I like a lot is the duality of the two confessions, in the national confession Dabi shows himself vulnerable (showing all his scars) and talks calmly, meanwhile with his family he shows how much he is enjoying finally getting his revenge, dancing and smiling. I am really curious about how Endeavor will react in the next chapter and if his character arc will continue or not (since Dabi may as well kill him now)

Oof. Yeah I'm really looking forward to the aftermath of this arc.

Dabi: I'm about to ruin this man's whole career.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

do we know how the military works in mha world? why hasn't it been used yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    do we know how the military works in mha world? why hasn't it been used yet?
    We only know of police force and first responder type stuff. To my recollection no military stuff mentioned.

Side note. I'm guessing there's less than a handful of chapters before this fight is done. Multiple wildcards that could cause this to come to a halt real soon. Ahhh I'm so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I can literally hear Dabi saying "You all bought it! Even my inmediate family bought it!!"

Something I IMMENSELY appreciate is that Hori keeps giving these reminders:

On top of everything else the heroes are losing face with, a shitload of innocents also died today.
    The fallout/backlash for the hero society at large is being set up so damn thoroughly.
    Can't wait to see what'll happen to the status quo.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

All these past few chapter is fire. Dabi Touya is expectable, but his reveal is very well done and in unexpected way.

He reveal his identity in the worst way, by broadcasting his life story on national TV. With this, Endeavor is not gonna die because it will be boring. But his career as hero is threatened. The hero known as number 1 turns out to be an abusive dad, it will have a huge impact on people about their perception of Endeavor. He will suffer from indside. Hori impressed me with this. And now hero society crumbled, a lot of people dead, the cities are destroyed, etc.
    Last edited by Kucing Hitam; November 8th, 2020 at 02:48 PM.

I can see Endeavor taking responsibility by trying to retire. Not sure if the Hero Commission will accept it though.

NNID: jervinnectar

I liked the reveal but I'm having a hard time seeing what real trouble that could cause for Endeavor.

He might no longer be voted Number 1 (since popularity is part of it) but honestly, so what? I think hero ranking will be the least of their problems after this arc.

Also, it's not like that would prevent him to be a hero and continue to save people. He won't go to jail or lose his hero licence because he was a shitty man in the past. Especially since his family were already forgiving him.

Plus, I have a feeling we'll get some Endeavor's side of the story that will kinda redeem him.

I'm way more worried about the mom's mental health.

The implication is that the hero society sees heroes as kinda flawless bastions of morality and justice, having a revel that Enji abused verbally and/or physically his family is a huge in how much trust can society put on heroes.

A good part of this reveal is Horikoshi reminding us that no matter what Endeavor did to him, Dabi is still a humongous piece of shit of his own free will thanks to re-traumatizing his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    A good part of this reveal is Horikoshi reminding us that no matter what Endeavor did to him, Dabi is still a humongous piece of shit of his own free will thanks to re-traumatizing his mom.
    He probably blames her too.

I'm still needing to know how or why the Todoroki's thought he was dead. Cause that funeral picture he looked to be in middle or high school.

Also the villains are really accumulating folks that are just a bit too giddy with causing harm lol.

You have to put this reveal after the breaking of all might. You had superman, golden age perfect superman who always won and made the correct choice, and even if he lost his lungs he lived and died to keep people safe and so they could live in blissful ignorance on how easy a maniac with the right quirk could come and end it all. But then he's gone, and then Endeavor is there, who got disfigured at challenges that All Might stoped on the way to buy breakfast.

Then there is this shitshow, showing that endeavor can't do shit to what all might did, and that all might was just an illusion, and then you find out that the old flamebeard personal life and home crimes helped cause this mess?

If people can't trust heroes, you wake up to the reality where you can't know for sure that a madman won't just run in and grind your home to dust, or make the oxigen in your lungs expand until you pop, or little miss vampire sucks you dry to cosplay as you, if heroes can't defend you, you have to do it yourself What OG Destro wanted, or if the hero agencies can't defend the population, people like Hawks will have to do the job directly in the state control, what an actually facist goverment would want.

All Might was a fluke, a lucky accident where the strongest was also the kindest.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Will Horikoshi pull a Lex Luthor and have Monarch run for Prime-Minister?

I hope Mama Todoroki escapes to the battle scene to join the fight. It's so tiring seeing her as a pawn in the story.
    She/Her

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information