+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 325 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6500

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

When did this turn into a political debate mess? And of course let's over-analyze everything, throw off-hand accusations or write conjecutres for the sake of, I don't know.

Thank you very much, you're giving me more reasons to leave this forums once and for all
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Uuh...Alrighty then. Bye I guess?

Oh no, believe me, I have a lot of patience.

It's just that I will never understand the urge, or rather, the obsession of certain people to over-analyze every panel, every word, from a realistic POV, when this is a fictional story with its own setting and rules that is mean to be enjoyed as how is conceived.

But I guess I'm too simple, someone who just reads the chapter, enjoys it throroughly and moves to the next. This place is definitely not for me.

I suggest we drop this topic before the mods lock this thread.
    Let's move to another one, does Deku need therapy?

The LOV goals are more like Blackbeards than anything in the real world.
    Their entire plan is
    step 1: Beat heros
    step 2: Take over society with force and reinstate AFOs mafia
    step 3: ???
    step 4: Profit

Attempts to make them sympathetic fall as flat for me as the forced scene where Stain took action where others were frozen in fear and that was meant to show Stain was actually a very impressive guy

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I suggest we drop this topic before the mods lock this thread.
    Let's move to another one, does Deku need therapy?
    Toga is the one that needs therapy. A serial killer and murderer is now asking if it's okay for heroes to kill villains like them. A good reminder that she was always fucked up in her head. She should take a page from Daby and just enjoy the moment.

Also, All Might will have a lot to explain once this is all over. It was a given OFA and AFO were always the same quirk, named after their original users. But as Bakugou said well, sooner or later the truth will be known all over the UA.

As Bakugo notice in the previous chapter, or the one before that, Deku takes everything into account except his own well being. That's not a healthy outlook for a 16 yo.

As Bakugo notice in the previous chapter, or the one before that, Deku takes everything into account except his own well being. That's not a healthy outlook for a 16 yo.
    He's always done that. Dear reminder that Deku would have completely destroyed his body had not been for Eri's quirk in the fight against Overhaul. And prior to that, that time where he crippled his arm vs Muscular.

He never worried about his well being if it meant to save someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    He's always done that. Dear reminder that Deku would have completely destroyed his body had not been for Eri's quirk in the fight against Overhaul. And prior to that, that time where he crippled his arm vs Muscular.

He never worried about his well-being if it meant to save someone.
    Yes, and that's not healthy. You die to save one person that's it, you save a person with out dying and you live to save others. A hero should evaluate when needed to cut the losses and not go madlad Deku every time, except with Gentle. He's already bound to permanently cripple his arms.

And while all the destruction is undergoing, the scary question comes out. What are their parents doing ATM. What must be going through Deku's mom mind while her dear son has already been at death's door several times just in this arc alone.

Honestly, the thought of not knowing where your loved ones are, or even if they're alive amidst all that chaos, is perhaps the most terrifying thing in the world.

The civil death toll is gonna be so damn high with all of these buildings coming down.
    The fallout from this arc, especially when Shiggy gets away (as AFO is now encouraging him to do), is gonna drive the heroes even further over the social cliff.
    Looking forward to seeing if Hori is prepared to follow through with shaking things up.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

If Dabi is setting things with Skeptic I beat is that showing whatever happened between Hawks and Jeanist, Hawks killing Twice and Dabi's reveal. Which will add to the already mentioned fallout of this arc.

Honestly, at this point it won't be a shock to learn Dabi's true identity. But of course, the payoff to that will come later.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    The problem is that Horikawa doesn't really seem to buy into authoritarianism (the heroes) as being wrong. There's not enough of a strong depiction of the 'villains' as being the protagonists: Toga, Jin, and Mag-nee are victims of a broken system. They're an allegory for the real world's marginalized people. Hell, Mag-nee IS a real world marginalized person: she is a trans woman who turned to crime to survive. The hero Tiger is reward with being a 'proper citizen' by being able to transition, Mag-nee is punished by not being allowed to transition. It's an extremely transphobic message and goes to show Horikawa and JUMP editorial are only thinking about making sure the children reading this comic are good little soldiers for authority when they grow up.
    I was wondering what made me so mad that it made me write that, now I know. That was wrong, man. Like, really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    The civil death toll is gonna be so damn high with all of these buildings coming down.
    The fallout from this arc, especially when Shiggy gets away (as AFO is now encouraging him to do), is gonna drive the heroes even further over the social cliff.
    Looking forward to seeing if Hori is prepared to follow through with shaking things up.
    And with so many dead and injured heroes too. The game has changed forever. I haven't been this excited to see a next arc since One Piece's 2-year time skip.

If Dabi is setting things with Skeptic I beat is that showing whatever happened between Hawks and Jeanist, Hawks killing Twice and Dabi's reveal. Which will add to the already mentioned fallout of this arc.
    Not sure about Hawks and Jeanist (since I think he's alive), but revealing video of Hawks killing Twice would be a huge F.U. to the Hero Safety Commission.

NNID: jervinnectar

I think HSC gave Hawks a go to off a hero that was planning on retire so he could be finally accepted by Dabi into the PLF.
    Gov't suits do all kinds of shady shit to push their agenda, and Hawks is their tool.

The odds aren't looking good for Gran Torino, as well. And who knows how many of the ranked heroes are going to make it at the end.

Whatever, the conclusion was foreboding. Regardless of how many will live to fight the next time, this huge conflict marks the end of the Hero Society.

Are we reading the same series? One could’ve predicted these events a long time ago. I don’t think that Horikoshi is some weird authoritarian. Think about how society will react to these events.

This is the worst terrorist event ever seen in Japan in modern history. Gigantomachia has laid waste to cities and civilians — and he’s not even finished.

Shigaraki has become the symbol of terror, all for AFO to take him down and reassert his dominance over the world.

Even better, the news media will clearly exploit the connection between Shigaraki being the abandoned grandson of Nana Shimura. It will tarnish All Might’s name... as he failed to protect the person he should’ve cared for the most.

The hero system will be dismantled as the news recognizes it as child paramilitarism. Deku will go to London to complete his training, but will be broken as he couldn’t protect anyone close to him.

Ochaco is in real danger right now.

It always seemed like Nana was an unknown hero to me.

Deku is definitely going to need to rewire his thinking. The previous chapter he was even thinking that this quirk solely exists to fight AFO. Which originally wasn't his goal when he took on the mantel. The other problem is that OFA is so unique and powerful he needs to be a bit less reckless cause if he dies all that power basically goes poof.

I mostly just want this arc to end cause the aftermath has a ton of stuff to unpack.

Pretty much analogous to Indra vs Asura situation.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Everything is political and we should be critical of the manner in which entertainment media is used to educate and re-enforce negative stereotypes and ideologies, most especially in children's series such as HeroAca. If Horikoshi is trying to send home an entire authoritarian message he's doing a pretty sloppy job of it in how there hasn't been a concrete declaration of such a theme and our protagonists are still out here working as paramilitary child soldiers for a state that does not take care of its mentally ill and other marginalized peoples.

Obviously, I have some stake in this. I'm not only a someone who suffers from multiple mental illnesses, I'm a trans woman. If a children's comic is going to use people like me I believe it is entirely appropriate to hold it to the standard that it must not only be respectful education to children and adult readers. At nearly 300 chapters into the series the story had done enough twiddling of its thumbs that it should have made clear and concise statements on its messages. Unfortunately we have a randomly, hyper-violently murdered trans woman in one hand, a mentally ill man dead without ever getting treatment and a mentally ill high school girl being set up for who knows what.
    She/Her

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information