+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
Results 501 to 515 of 515

Thread: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

  1. #501

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    I'd think Tokoyami at least seem to be deemed handsome. He feels like he's drawn that way, although it's hard to deduce the sexappeal of a Bird Person. Shoji will probably be a lady killer on the basis of having 6 arms and being a brick wall of muscle.
    Hmm. I would say Tokoyami is probably considered cute. He's pretty skinny compared to most of the guys. It seems like half the class works on their physical stuff and the rest not so much. On a side note I would like a bit more info like what Eyeshield 21 did and show how much characters can bench press, how fast they are, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Welcome to the chronicles of illegally installing the viz app to legally pay for mha one piece and others.

    I don't know if still works, but if you can install the app and login with your account you'll be able to use it anywhere.

    The app I managed to install it in android through the Amazon marketplace, there was an update today so at the very least I kind of still have access.
    Oh lord. I'll just wait till I'm back in the states lol. I'm sitting in an airport and the wifi is terrible.

  2. #502

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Hmm. I disagree.

    To tack on with sgamer82. The exam was where Aizawa mentioned how he and Deku drive the students to be better.
    And then perceedes to do nothing through the duration of it (we don't even see how he failed).


    And also we get round 2 Deku vs Bakugou and he gets the truth from All Might.
    And? Even GT knows that info is he a major character now?

    Bakugou and Todoroki were the main focus on the supplement classes, not Endeavor. Endeavour had like one or two things to say to all Might. But that was secondary to the training with the elementary school kids. Bakugou had a fairly decent breakthrough.
    No he didn't in fact he doesn't get any focus during that arc either other than being a comic relief.

    After that we had him on drums working with his class. In this arc though pretty only him and Jiro got a bit more focus. But everyone other than Deku got overshadowed by Deku, Gentle and La Brava.
    He didn't get focused in this arc either

    But again wasn't your point Bakugou was less important to plot than Iida? What exactly has Iida done since Kamino that was significant to warrant that idea? What has Iida done that makes him stand out more? Because I don't see it.
    I asked the exact same thing with Bakugou and all you have done is failed to explain your point. So all you've proven is that Bakugou gets a lot of lipservice and nothing more.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Forgive me for not proving you wrong, but its such a dumb argument that self-evidently wrong that I have no interest in plowing through the series to find every bakugoucentric plotpointing vs Iidacentric one. Bakugou is clearly, obviously, without a doubt the more important character. Hes the main rival, hes had more moments, and despite not being in the Overhaul arc... hes still WAAAAY more relevant than Iida. Seriously what a dumb troll argument this is.
    And still nothing to prove otherwise.

    Its the equivalent of arguing Rock Lee is more important than Sasuke in Naruto. Its just completely wrong.
    Your argument would make more sense if Rock Lee wasn't sidelined through the majority of the series.

  3. #503

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    So basically you just don't want to answer. At this point you need to provide proof of what Iida has done. Because so far he's still had less focus than Bakugou. When Deku is the main focus everyone gets stuffed in a corner 90% of the time.

    Of Course Gran Torino isn't a main character. He's an important side character for getting to help Deku and know more about All Might but this story focuses on new heroes not ones basically retired.

    All the things I listed are proof. And yes we did see why Bakugou failed it's cause he's terrible at connecting and or relating to people. He was yelling at victims.

    If you can't state anything Iida has done more than Bakugou then you're never going to convince anyone of what you're saying. It's clear to pretty much everyone who the main focal points are.

    I'm not even sure what you're looking for in order for someone to be considered a focal point vs background.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; May 27th, 2018 at 06:41 AM.

  4. #504
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    If the actual argument is who is more important between Ida and Bakugo, hasn't plenty of evidence been given to favor Bakugo between the two?

    Ida's big development can't from the Stain arc, got displayed in Kamino, and he's been consistently in the background since. His last big scene since that I can think of is Aoyama's belly button beacon in the first stage if the Provisional License exam, and in that scene Aoyama was primary the focus.

    Bakugo, meanwhile, had his guy with Deku right after and, at worst, shared the spotlight with Todoroki, Yoarashi, and Camie during the supplemental classes. We also saw more of Bakugo during the second phase of the exam, if only to set up his being the only one to fail besides Todoroki.

    So, at the very least, that's 3-1 favoring Bakugo's importance after the Kamino incident, with one of those three being active set-up for the other two.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    If you can't state anything Iida has done more than Bakugou then you're never going to convince anyone of what you're saying. It's clear to pretty much everyone who the main focal points are.
    This is why "THIS CHARACTER BAD!!!!!" arguments annoy me. They're less about discussing a point and more about bitching about a person who, when you get right down to it, doesn't actually exist.

    I made my last post but, honestly, I expect no change in ChocolateBar999's attitude because I no longer think the issue is really about Bakugo's importance to the plot and that it's more about "Bakugo isn't important because he sucks and I don't like him and someone who sucks and I don't like can't ever be important to the plot."

    Actual facts no longer matter and will only be ignored or twisted to suit whatever view best fits the complaints.
    Last edited by sgamer82; May 27th, 2018 at 07:00 AM.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  5. #505
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    And then perceedes to do nothing through the duration of it (we don't even see how he failed).
    Which gets made up later by having a fight with Deku after the License Exam, admitting that he feels guilty over All-Might losing his Quirk, learns the truth about Deku's Quirk, and finally shows some respect for Deku in nuanced ways.

    Also, do you remember any memorable moments from Iida during the License arc? I sure don't.

    And? Even GT knows that info is he a major character now?
    It was still a major moment for Bakugo that got occasionally built up throughout the series since the Battle Trial arc. That's like saying Iida being present for the fight against Stain and rescuing Bakugo doesn't matter because there were other allies with him during those events. And it's bound to play a role in the future.

    No he didn't in fact he doesn't get any focus during that arc either other than being a comic relief.
    All of the students provided loads of comic relief that arc. He debated with his classmates about his parenting style of using violence to keep the kids in check, contributed advice about how the kids would feel insecure if they were looked down upon by their opponent, kept interacting with the leader of the kids and figured out that the children had to be following the example of a popular kid from his own experiences, which culminated into telling the kids' leader that it's more important to recognize your own weaknesses than to look down on others. That final moment reflected his own character arc growth.

    He didn't get focused in this arc either
    Uh, yes he did. He wast one of the main central characters of the arc (that would be Deku, Gentle, La Brava, Jirou, and sort of Eri), but he shined among the supporting cast. He got somewhat more focus than Iida did by criticizing everyone about their intentions with the Culture Festival, followed that up by motivating them to the best they can do to wow the other department students and upperclassmen, got selected as the drummer, and a recurring gag about obliterating the audience with his music playing.

    What did Iida even do this arc that was memorable? He only did his already-existent job as class president and gave a couple throwaway lines about how Class 1-A must keep striving to do better. There were zero major profound moments centered around him.

    I asked the exact same thing with Bakugou and all you have done is failed to explain your point. So all you've proven is that Bakugou gets a lot of lipservice and nothing more.
    Bakugo has gotten plenty more than lip service. Iida has faded much more intro the background into the Kamino event and a lot of his moments nowadays feel a lot more like Horikoshi reminded us he exists rather than still feeling significant to the story or having an existent character arc. I dare say that Uraraka has gotten more focus than Iida post-Kamino and she has only gotten background ally support and breadcrumbs of internal focus on her insecurities once in a blue moon.

    And still nothing to prove otherwise.
    There is plenty to prove.

    Your argument would make more sense if Rock Lee wasn't sidelined through the majority of the series.
    As someone who is a big fan of Iida's character, I've been feeling like he's gotten sidelined a lot compared to Bakugo and Shouto still being major players and getting character development. I hope that Horikoshi still has plans for him and didn't only think of a cliche revengeance obsession for him.

    He had a moment during the Eight Cleansers arc where he asked Deku if anything was wrong and how friends shouldn't keep secrets. That was meant to parallel how in the Field Training arc Iida lied to Deku about being fine when he was really going to avenge his brother. But it didn't pay off at all because Deku still solved the problem himself and Iida is still none the wiser. Maybe this could be another subtle gradual plotline where Iida will eventually confront Deku about a big secret in a future arc, but Iida barely contributed anything to that arc.

    The only other "significant" moment Iida has had is indirectly inspiring Deku to invent Shoot Style during the License arc. And that only happened from a gag about Iida not getting the gadget he wanted, prompting Hatsume to eccentrically talk about how he could use his arms to run instead of his legs during post-Recipro Burst burnout periods.

    All in all, Iida's barely done much for the past 80 chapters and I hope he shines again soon. I'm fine with taking the focus off of him for a few arcs since he was the centerpiece in the Field Training arc and got to shine as an antithesis to Deku during the Kamino event. But now I'm just starting to reach the point where I feel like he's getting a little too neglected.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  6. #506
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    One observation about Ida I've seen in other threads I follow is that, while he hasn't shined or been in the forefront, he has been consistent to his character development. If I recall the point correctly, Ida's goal has primarily been to be a leader and hero like his brother; something he's been doing pretty consistently and been doing well since Stain.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  7. #507

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Yeah that does seem to be pretty consistent. And a good thing for Iida. But he also needed a bit less development personality wise than a bunch of others because his character was pretty distinct and his only real hiccup was the Stain vengeance thing and not reporting to Aizawa about others planning to rescue Bakugou. But the straight laced thing isn't necessarily a bad trait so he needed less correction. He is still a teen and has room to mature. But he's pretty responsible and respected already.

    Actually it would be pretty nice to have mini arcs focusing on characters like Sero, uhh... Animal talking kid, Shoji, Kaminari, Mina, Invisible Girl, Tokoyami and uuh. I think that's it? They could combine stories with a couple to shorten it. But we should have a better understanding of all Class A before we hit second year or any time skips.

  8. #508
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    One observation about Ida I've seen in other threads I follow is that, while he hasn't shined or been in the forefront, he has been consistent to his character development. If I recall the point correctly, Ida's goal has primarily been to be a leader and hero like his brother; something he's been doing pretty consistently and been doing well since Stain.
    I would agree with that sentiment if Iida's leadership got highlighted as being particularly remarkable. But it's been executed rather nonchalantly as something to expect from whoever character happens to hold that job. We haven't gotten any more insight as to his internal thoughts or motivations either. He only gets panel time for doing class president things solely as a necessary plot device and the occasional straight-laced student gag.

    Of course, Iida's still gotten more than Uraraka has in the grand scheme of things. I feel bad for her fans lol.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  9. #509

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So basically you just don't want to answer. At this point you need to provide proof of what Iida has done. Because so far he's still had less focus than Bakugou. When Deku is the main focus everyone gets stuffed in a corner 90% of the time.
    So the Stain arc doesn't exist anymoreis what you're saying? Also no Deku was the focus of the Yakuza arc and Kirishima, Suneater and Mirio got focused.


    Of Course Gran Torino isn't a main character. He's an important side character for getting to help Deku and know more about All Might but this story focuses on new heroes not ones basically retired.
    So Bakugou IS a side characters

    All the things I listed are proof. And yes we did see why Bakugou failed it's cause he's terrible at connecting and or relating to people. He was yelling at victims.
    No we didn't. He lost points for yelling at the victims but we don't know how he failed for the duration because there were many instances where you could have lost points.

    If you can't state anything Iida has done more than Bakugou then you're never going to convince anyone of what you're saying. It's clear to pretty much everyone who the main focal points are.
    For one thing Iida has actually fought a main villain.

    I'm not even sure what you're looking for in order for someone to be considered a focal point vs background.
    You're not doing a good job on Bakugou's behalf.

  10. #510
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Dameda koitsu, hayaku nantoka shinai to...
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

  11. #511

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So the Stain arc doesn't exist anymoreis what you're saying? Also no Deku was the focus of the Yakuza arc and Kirishima, Suneater and Mirio got focused.



    So Bakugou IS a side characters


    No we didn't. He lost points for yelling at the victims but we don't know how he failed for the duration because there were many instances where you could have lost points.


    For one thing Iida has actually fought a main villain.


    You're not doing a good job on Bakugou's behalf.
    I asked you besides Stain and Kamino. What has Iida done? Since you counted Bakugou as not being relevant due to lack of panel time. Iida is far less if that's his last big moment.

    But I'm done. You keep trying to stretch where you have no room.

  12. #512
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So the Stain arc doesn't exist anymoreis what you're saying? Also no Deku was the focus of the Yakuza arc and Kirishima, Suneater and Mirio got focused.



    So Bakugou IS a side characters


    No we didn't. He lost points for yelling at the victims but we don't know how he failed for the duration because there were many instances where you could have lost points.


    For one thing Iida has actually fought a main villain.


    You're not doing a good job on Bakugou's behalf.
    At this point, please take note of the total ignoring of my post, which directly compares moments of Ida focus vs Bakugo focus post-Kamino and came up 3-1 (2-1 at worst) in Bakugo's favor.

    I have it about 15-20 minutes in case ChocolateBar999 was prepping a late response. But there's still nothing.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  13. #513

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Which gets made up later by having a fight with Deku after the License Exam, admitting that he feels guilty over All-Might losing his Quirk, learns the truth about Deku's Quirk, and finally shows some respect for Deku in nuanced ways.
    So basically nothing

    Also, do you remember any memorable moments from Iida during the License arc? I sure don't.
    He had literally one of the best moments in that arc
    Spoiler:



    It was still a major moment for Bakugo that got occasionally built up throughout the series since the Battle Trial arc. That's like saying Iida being present for the fight against Stain and rescuing Bakugo doesn't matter because there were other allies with him during those events. And it's bound to play a role in the future.
    A major moment that even a side character knew about...


    All of the students provided loads of comic relief that arc. He debated with his classmates about his parenting style of using violence to keep the kids in check, contributed advice about how the kids would feel insecure if they were looked down upon by their opponent, kept interacting with the leader of the kids and figured out that the children had to be following the example of a popular kid from his own experiences, which culminated into telling the kids' leader that it's more important to recognize your own weaknesses than to look down on others. That final moment reflected his own character arc growth.
    So basically nothing then.


    Uh, yes he did. He wast one of the main central characters of the arc (that would be Deku, Gentle, La Brava, Jirou, and sort of Eri), but he shined among the supporting cast. He got somewhat more focus than Iida did by criticizing everyone about their intentions with the Culture Festival, followed that up by motivating them to the best they can do to wow the other department students and upperclassmen, got selected as the drummer, and a recurring gag about obliterating the audience with his music playing.
    No he wasn't/ All you're doing is saying everything he does is important because I say so.

    What did Iida even do this arc that was memorable? He only did his already-existent job as class president and gave a couple throwaway lines about how Class 1-A must keep striving to do better. There were zero major profound moments centered around him.
    I can play the similar game. He was the one that suggested that the performance should be used to increase moral amongst the students (alll Bakugou did was say the exact same shit but only added murder to it) was apart of the dance group and rgnized the whole thing and had a gag about him doing the robot.


    Bakugo has gotten plenty more than lip service. Iida has faded much more intro the background into the Kamino event and a lot of his moments nowadays feel a lot more like Horikoshi reminded us he exists rather than still feeling significant to the story or having an existent character arc. I dare say that Uraraka has gotten more focus than Iida post-Kamino and she has only gotten background ally support and breadcrumbs of internal focus on her insecurities once in a blue moon.
    I love how you systematically keep ignoring that he didn't do anything for a year whereas Bakugou only relevance has been in the background to shut obsecnities.


    There is plenty to prove.
    You've done very little to do so.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I asked you besides Stain and Kamino. What has Iida done? Since you counted Bakugou as not being relevant due to lack of panel time. Iida is far less if that's his last big moment.
    Kinda kills your argument when Iida did have a moment in the Yakuza arc while Bakugou didn't.

  14. #514
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So basically nothing


    He had literally one of the best moments in that arc




    A major moment that even a side character knew about...



    So basically nothing then.



    No he wasn't/ All you're doing is saying everything he does is important because I say so.


    I can play the similar game. He was the one that suggested that the performance should be used to increase moral amongst the students (alll Bakugou did was say the exact same shit but only added murder to it) was apart of the dance group and rgnized the whole thing and had a gag about him doing the robot.



    I love how you systematically keep ignoring that he didn't do anything for a year whereas Bakugou only relevance has been in the background to shut obsecnities.



    You've done very little to do so.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    Kinda kills your argument when Iida did have a moment in the Yakuza arc while Bakugou didn't.
    It doesn't kill my point, which you still haven't tried to refute, that between Bakugo's post-Kamino moments of focus and Ida's, the score still favors Bakugo at 3-2 (revised because I honestly forgot about Deku's talk with Ida and Todoroki). At worst, 2-2, making them equal. Though I think Bakugo has the advantage since his moments were actually about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    No he wasn't/ All you're doing is saying everything he does is important because I say so
    Honestly, I think that's more what you are doing. Especially since you called Ida's reassurance of Aoyama the "best moment of the arc". I'm not saying it can't be, but I think it does undercut your point a little by revealing some bias.

    It's fine to like Ida more then Bakugo. But does it really require this level off dismissal of another character entirely?
    Last edited by sgamer82; May 27th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  15. #515

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A Horikoshi series that actually made it to a second thread

    Bakugou had much more focus than Iida throughout the series imo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 7 guests)

  1. akagami7
  2. Purple Hermit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts