+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 262 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 5224

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

  1. #5141

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    when did twice lose a legal battle because of his looks, also he looks normal?
    Twice's process.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    toga's parents did send her to quirk counseling i don't see what else they could have done since her thirst for blood is biological not psychological
    Some people have biological conditions that don't allow them to function properly in society and sometimes they end up abandoned. Have you never met a disabled person? Or someone with a genetic condition like Down syndrome? And that's only the biological disorders.

    Heck, have you heard of Renfield's syndrome?

  2. #5142

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    hmm, this doesn't really show any systematic problems other than that trial by jury is bad but yeah i guess it's an injustice.
    also it was never mentioned that he actually got a criminal record only a chance of one,and he got fired for a completely different reason anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Some people have biological conditions that don't allow them to function properly in society and sometimes they end up abandoned. Have you never met a disabled person? Or someone with a genetic condition like Down syndrome? And that's only the biological disorders.
    not at all equivalent to toga's urge to be a serial killer, also she wasn't abandoned she ran away after possibly murdering someone.

    Heck, have you heard of Renfield's syndrome?
    yes, and it's bullshit it even says so in that article
    Last edited by Lord Gaimon; May 21st, 2020 at 07:20 PM.

  3. #5143

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Twice's process.



    Some people have biological conditions that don't allow them to function properly in society and sometimes they end up abandoned. Have you never met a disabled person? Or someone with a genetic condition like Down syndrome? And that's only the biological disorders.

    Heck, have you heard of Renfield's syndrome?


    Twice's problems had nothing to do with hero society and everything to do with japan itself. Same with Shiggy.


    Toga is a psychopath, no help for that.

    Spinner was treated poorly ina a small town. Instead of moving away and seeing that other places arent like that he went on a crime spree.


    The entire MLA is a joke and completely implausible.

  4. #5144

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    hmm, this doesn't really show any systematic problems other than that trial by jury is bad but yeah i guess it's an injustice.
    also it was never mentioned that he actually got a criminal record only a chance of one,and he got fired for a completely different reason anyway.
    He also happens to be an orphan, who aren't viewed with good eyes on family-centric Japan. And he ends up unemployed in work-centric Japan, so that's a double-whammy of social outcasting.

    In any case, the injustice doesn't have to come from one's Quirk. That's irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    not at all equivalent to toga's urge to be a serial killer, also she wasn't abandoned she ran away after possibly murdering someone.
    By "abandoned", I mean abandoned by society.

    Society can't really help Toga with her biological needs, so she is forced to be an outcast as well. The problem is somewhat similar to Spinner since it's not really their fault for being who they are.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by themick View Post
    Twice's problems had nothing to do with hero society and everything to do with japan itself. Same with Shiggy.

    Toga is a psychopath, no help for that.

    Spinner was treated poorly ina a small town. Instead of moving away and seeing that other places arent like that he went on a crime spree.

    The entire MLA is a joke and completely implausible.
    Hero Society is not the problem though? Heroes are just cops with celebrity status. It makes no sense for them to be the root of a problem since they're the ones with training and education. Maybe Dabi is a victim of whatever Endeavor did, but that's still a mystery.

    Like, it's not really the fault of heroes that Quirk racism is a thing. That's a problem of society and people overall.

    Also, I like that you think Spinner's problem could be solved by just going somewhere that somehow has no racism. Some places are just less racist than others, but not clear of it at all.

    Also, do you really think the MLA is implausible when the NRA exists? The guys who have some of the strongest lobby schemes in the US government?
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 21st, 2020 at 08:53 PM.

  5. #5145

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Toga is definitely sympathetic.

    Girl's quirk gave her a fascination with blood that wasn't considered "acceptable" or "normal" by society at large. The quirk counseling they sent her to most likely made things worse and her parents scolding her or not being "normal"?



  6. #5146

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Yikes, it's not like the celebrity cops could have any influence in the general population if they started advocating for changes in the inherent societal issues, or advocating for the rehabilitation of petty criminals instead of incarceration and ostracize, more like Batman in TAS, less like Batman in Snyder's wet dream.
    People have such a tendency to cut thing black an white with this series that tend to ignore the little hints given by Hori that things aren't swell, like a whole generation or more of society simply putting their trust in peace and security on the shoulders of a single man.




  7. #5147

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    I believe that the issue is the opposite of what you paint, putting the celebrity part on the cops makes people who live for combat and practice might makes right (as long as it is the protection of the majority) turns them from humans into exemplars of what should be, and whenever people don’t see them solving all ills of society, then they feel justified to ignore the ills that the heroes do, as in if wash were to go around promoting clean energy instead of LG brand, how Or why do you expect a washing machine man to Be the one that tells you “use renewable power sources mmkay” instead of the experts?

    The problem is not in heroes, the problem is in society not valuing true heroes. Or just the people that knows how to do a job, really.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #5148

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Yikes, it's not like the celebrity cops could have any influence in the general population if they started advocating for changes in the inherent societal issues, or advocating for the rehabilitation of petty criminals instead of incarceration and ostracize, more like Batman in TAS, less like Batman in Snyder's wet dream.
    People have such a tendency to cut thing black an white with this series that tend to ignore the little hints given by Hori that things aren't swell, like a whole generation or more of society simply putting their trust in peace and security on the shoulders of a single man.
    There's nothing indicating this isn't the case already? Twice was offered a chance for rehab, but rejected it.

    Honestly, it just seems the problem lies in people, but villains blame heroes for it. It's not like a hero could have done anything for Toga, or Spinner, or Twice, since their problems were outside the scope of their work.

    Like, Tomura blames heroes for what happened to his family, but that was just because of All For One feeding his head with lies. In the end, Tomura was the who brought it to himself, as a result of a father who couldn't get over his hero mom. Ultimately, the responsibility falls entirely within All For One anyway since he was the one who forced Nana into her predicament.
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 22nd, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

  9. #5149

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    I should not write posts half asleep.

    Tldr; punchy man is not role model for everything. Should not be. Punchy man does important job to stop evil punchy people, but punchy man is not above the law, punchy man does not get to rewrite the law, and punchy man cannot be taken as an example of a good life because punchy man can’t stop wife beater man or prevent power level trader man from taking control of alergies kid, or eat unassisted.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  10. #5150

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Maybe the problem lies with the general population.

    But I don't think I articulate my thoughts clearly; I don't expect the pro heroes to use their influence to advocate for subjects our of their fields such as renewable energy sources, climate change and recycling; I would want them to see them talking about "why the crime rates remain stable even if so much heroes out there? Don't we rehabilitate well enough petty criminals? Do they face prejudice from society trying to get their seconds chance?" or "Why the number of young villains keep on rising? Do these individuals felt so ostracized by their peers that they think their only alternative is to lash on society? Is there a systemic bullying and racism against people with quirk deemed un-heroic? What we can do to change that?"; "Is there racism and prejudice against mutant type quirks? He one with size alteration, they get enough support of living spaces and clothing? Do we do enough for including them in society?"; "Do children with problematic quirks (ie Toga and Stain) get adequate clinical and psychiatric treatment in order for their quirk do not become a problem for themselves and other?".

    I think that long time heroes should be smart enough to perceive an pattern of criminal behavior, and try to act to diminish said pattern. But like max said, society decided that they are pillars of example and the things they ignore, are allowed for us normal citizens to ignore too; which is plainly wrong in both ways.




  11. #5151

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Toga is definitely sympathetic.
    Girl's quirk gave her a fascination with blood that wasn't considered "acceptable" or "normal" by society at large.
    The quirk counseling they sent her to most likely made things worse and her parents scolding her or not being "normal"?
    Exactly. This is why I sympathize with Toga.

    It's kind of like a Shinso situation.
    Because his quirk is brainwashing, people constantly mentioned how it seemed more suited to villainy,
    which really weighed him down mentally.

    Though obviously, Toga was quick to actually act like one.

    Toga's quirk is entirely about consuming blood.
    Naturally, she started out as a creepy kid who wanted to bite and feed on everything.
    But instead of trying to understand her and help her channel her desires in a healthy way,
    everyone in her life was like "oh my gosh, act normal you little freak".
    I have no doubt that trying to behave only made those desires bubble under the surface for several years until they finally exploded,
    resulting in the murder that forced her on the run.

    So she's pretty tragic in my eyes, since she clearly has mental issues and is on autopilot to keep sating her rooted desires.
    She's done terrible things and murdered plenty, but I can't consider her to be evil. She's all instinct and inner nature.
    She claims to LOVE the people she drinks. She genuinely loves them (from her own perspective of love).
    It's one of those sad cases where a Judge would probably put the convicted person in a mental facility instead of jailing them or condemning them.

    I adored that she found a friendship with Twice, which is why it hit me so much when they had to seperate forever,
    especially when she hugged him for the first and last time.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  12. #5152

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Maybe the problem lies with the general population.

    But I don't think I articulate my thoughts clearly; I don't expect the pro heroes to use their influence to advocate for subjects our of their fields such as renewable energy sources, climate change and recycling; I would want them to see them talking about "why the crime rates remain stable even if so much heroes out there? Don't we rehabilitate well enough petty criminals? Do they face prejudice from society trying to get their seconds chance?" or "Why the number of young villains keep on rising? Do these individuals felt so ostracized by their peers that they think their only alternative is to lash on society? Is there a systemic bullying and racism against people with quirk deemed un-heroic? What we can do to change that?"; "Is there racism and prejudice against mutant type quirks? He one with size alteration, they get enough support of living spaces and clothing? Do we do enough for including them in society?"; "Do children with problematic quirks (ie Toga and Stain) get adequate clinical and psychiatric treatment in order for their quirk do not become a problem for themselves and other?".

    I think that long time heroes should be smart enough to perceive an pattern of criminal behavior, and try to act to diminish said pattern. But like max said, society decided that they are pillars of example and the things they ignore, are allowed for us normal citizens to ignore too; which is plainly wrong in both ways.
    I believe that the ultimate problem is that society hasn't adapted to Quirks overall, meaning the whole world is sorta slowly self-destructing.

    Everybody has their own personal weapons, so it's difficult to keep everything in line.
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 22nd, 2020 at 08:52 AM.

  13. #5153
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Spoiler:
    Goodbye Crust, you died as you lived...disappointing.

  14. #5154

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Vigilante 78 is out
    Spoiler:
    An Inferno is about to begin.




  15. #5155

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Vig talk
    Spoiler:
    Yep, makes sense a top 10 hero would show up. Even more interesting
    It's a hero who has a off-putting personality like Endeavor since we have a villain posing as a hero. Koichi will need someone with a
    Strong quirk to help deal with Six. Hmm, actually I can see a straight up Six vs Endeavor fight now and
    We'll see Koichi take on Six after saving Pop.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  16. #5156
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Spoiler:
    Oh boy, an Endevor hasjoined the brawl, one that hasn't had character progression yet...

    Hoo boy!

  17. #5157

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Spoiler:
    Goodbye Crust, you died as you lived...disappointing.
    Spoiler:
    I say he went out like a great hero.
    He cut the Nomu's arm off instead of prioritizing his own escape,
    which saved Aizawa, and in turn saved Ryukyu and everyone she was carrying. Good job, Crust. Sincerely.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  18. #5158

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    Spoiler:
    I'm feeling the same thing with Crust that I did with Twice. Now that he's gone, it's weird to see where his story arc started and where it ended. The guy certainly stood out thanks to his spot on the charts, but he hasn't really done anything yet or had a cool sequence like say, Mirko did. He was a "just there character, then suddenly he dies saving the life of several main characters. Was that his purpose? Did Horikoshi just want to create a selfless hero like this, making him stand out just enough to not get popular, but make us notice him when he finally died? Weird, but I guess that's how it is.

    I will say, I guess in the end his constant talk about caring and sacrifice rang true, as the guy gave it all up without hesitation when the moment came. It was, perhaps, the greatest example of heroism in this series yet, and I'll be hard pressed to forget Crust after this even if he himself was a kind of background character.


  19. #5159

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy





  20. #5160
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

    I'm sorry, was I supposed to know or care about that one hero who died? I don't even know what his name was.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts