+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 232 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 4636

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Spoiler:
    Eh, I think we can put this incident down to the "laws of comedy".
    I figured. I was just pondering lol.

Spoiler:

Dabi being a Noumu seems more likely now. It would explain why the doctor is so fond of him.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kobra View Post
    Spoiler:

Dabi being a Noumu seems more likely now. It would explain why the doctor is so fond of him.
    Spoiler:
    But Dabi was introduced via Giran. I mean it's still possible. But it would be odd.

Spoiler:
    Dabi being a Nomu done with Touya would have been interesting twist on the obvious reveal. He's not just a kid throwing a tantrum but a bastardization of the kid they lost. Maybe to a terrible disease or injuries.

I hope that's not true.
    Spoiler:
    We don't need to have AFO and Ujiko's fingers in everyone's backstory. I'm sticking to my theory Dabi doesn't remember his life as Toya from whatever accident befell him.

I know it's been said a billion times, but this may kick start a small prison break arc. We got some heroes, we got the prison, all we need is Ujiko sending in Giganto or some High Ends to make sure Black Mist doesn't spill any beans and viola!

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    He better has a freaking memory or else it's cheapest emptiest reveal ever. What's the point of the connection if it doesn't inform who he is. God I would hate an amnesia approach.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:
    He better has a freaking memory or else it's cheapest emptiest reveal ever. What's the point of the connection if it doesn't inform who he is. God I would hate an amnesia approach.
    Spoiler:
    Problem is there isn't a connection. It's never been personal on Dabi's side. He's never reacted to a Todoroki in any way that implies he knows or hates them on a personal level. Plus, he hasn't revealed to the world he's the Number One hero's son. That would instantly tarnish Endeavor's image. My guess is he hasn't because he doesn't remember.

Spoiler:
    To me if their isn't a connection, there's no point to the reveal. Facepalm being the grandson matters because Sylar knows who he is and manipulated not because it's a neat coincidence. If Dabi being Touya doesn't influence his character don't make him Touya in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    Problem is there isn't a connection. It's never been personal on Dabi's side. He's never reacted to a Todoroki in any way that implies he knows or hates them on a personal level. Plus, he hasn't revealed to the world he's the Number One hero's son. That would instantly tarnish Endeavor's image. My guess is he hasn't because he doesn't remember.
    Spoiler:
    I kinda feel he has given some indication there's something between him and the Todoroki's. Using Shouto's full name when he nabbed Bakugo. And then again when he was in front of Endeavor with the High End. Seemed like he was taunting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    What Nectar?!
    Spoiler:
    That's the absolute opposite of what his being doing. First encounter with Shouto he taunts him in his failure in the rescue. In the High End recovery he again taunts Enji, and if not for his eyes partially covered in blood and fatigue form being beaten he might had recognized Touya. Dabi was about to go ballistic on Enji's and Hawk's ass until Miruko arrived.

I just don't see it that way, fam.
    Spoiler:
    Sure, there's something there with Dabi calling every Todoroki by their full name, but I chalk that up to his subconscious, not an intentional hatred. I think Hori showing Dabi forgetting about Snatch was a clue he doesn't remember who he was. Maybe Hori's going super subtle with it, but I see no reason whatsoever for Dabi himself to be subtle, especially when he was face-to-face with Endeavor.

Well Nectar, my friend, that's ok to have your own opinion.
    Spoiler:
    But I don't thing Hori would blue ball the fans so much with Dabi being a Todoroki in the end for it not be, it would be a massive bad move on his part. And didn't Twice and Snatch commented on how Dabi is going own burning people alive, he simply didn't care enough for Snatch to remember him? He simply doesn't care, he probably knows he is not strong enough to get his vengeance solo against Enji and probably can't prove how his is still alive after being presumed dead, so he is biding his time until he throw shit on the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Well Nectar, my friend, that's ok to have your own opinion.
    Spoiler:
    But I don't thing Hori would blue ball the fans so much with Dabi being a Todoroki in the end for it not be, it would be a massive bad move on his part. And didn't Twice and Snatch commented on how Dabi is going own burning people alive, he simply didn't care enough for Snatch to remember him? He simply doesn't care, he probably knows he is not strong enough to get his vengeance solo against Enji and probably can't prove how his is still alive after being presumed dead, so he is biding his time until he throw shit on the fan.
    Guess we don't have to spoiler it anymore.
    Anyway, I totally agree Dabi's Toya, I just don't think he remembers it. That line about forgetting Snatch and his scab bleeding in response is too suspicious. There's more going on here. Plus, again, Dabi didn't make his face-to-face with Endeavor personal. That's just too weird for me. He was more emotional fighting Geten than going after Endeavor! Nope, nope, nope. There should be no chill for Endeavor at all and Dabi having amnesia is only thing I can think of to explain it.

Results of the popularity poll.

1 Bakugo Katsuki 爆豪勝己 22876
    2 Midoriya Izuku 緑谷出久 12373
    3 Todoroki Shoto 轟焦凍 11805
    4 Kirishima Eijiro 切島鋭児郎 3374
    5 Iida Tenya 飯田天哉 2201
    6 Shigaraki Tomura 死柄木弔 1880
    7 Aizawa Shota 相澤消太 1543
    8 Uraraka Ochaco 麗日お茶子 1143
    9 Toga Himiko トガヒミコ 1104
    10 Yaoyorozu Momo 八百万百 1083 ​​​

This the 1st time Shiggy has been in the top 10? Toga also jumped too. Noice. I don't get how Iida went up...Deku still not closer to catching Bakugo lol.

How in hell Iida managed that 5th position?! It’s as weird as Jeanist in the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, Ida has been in the top 10 consistently since the first one, and he was 5th in the third one too. It doesn't come out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Nah, Ida has been in the top 10 consistently since the first one, and he was 5th in the third one too. It doesn't come out of nowhere.
    It kinda is outta nowhere. He's barely relevant in the story. Ochako at least kinda appears and does stuff more often than he does. Plus the whole she's probably Deku's future girlfriend thing probably keeps her afloat in people's minds. Iida got an okay showing during the class team ups. But he's kinda faded into just hand signs.

But remember, screentime doesn't matter for something like this.
    It's simply a vote about who you like the most. A popularity contest.
    If Iida is still the character a certain person likes the most, even if he's not done anything for a while, then so be it.

Also, damn... the popularity contest for this manga definitely has a "big three" situation when it comes to the podium.

Bakugo, Deku, Todoroki combined: 47,054 votes.

Even if the rest of the top ten (4th-10th) pooled their votes together, they only had 12,328 votes.
    They'd only reach third place, with Deku barely keeping his position above them.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I suppose that's true. But it's still odd to me. If Bakugo had become irrelevant to the story or had as much presence as Sero I don't think I would have kept voting for him. Just feels strange to me that a couple thousand people liked Iida that much.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information