+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 232 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4636

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Ya know. I wonder at what age Endeavor really decided to give up on himself as being number 1 and came up with this plan to have super babies. Cause he was 20 when he reached rank 2. He's only 46 now. All Might was already much older than him. Having kids didn't really alter his path into becoming number 1. He would have probably gotten it anyways. But only until a few months ago he had wanted Shouto to become number 1. But wouldn't that most likely take even longer for him to see that a reality?

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    He's only 46 now. All Might was already much older than him.
    How old even is All Might?

Spoiler:
    Dinner party! Incoming info on missing elder brother?
    Spoiler:
    That's what I'm thinking. Looked like she was praying a couple chapters ago. Maybe Toya's birthday or something was recent and she's feeling the need for a get together. I just want Natsuo there throwing shade every chance he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    How old even is All Might?
    Spoiler:
    I think he's in his fifties, maybe older.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think he's in his fifties, maybe older.
    Spoiler:
    I would give Toshinori a 10-15 years head start on Endy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Is there a new Vigilante chapter dropping today Nectar?
    Spoiler:
    Because I think I saw a spoiler on twitter and oh boy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know. I wonder at what age Endeavor really decided to give up on himself as being number 1 and came up with this plan to have super babies. Cause he was 20 when he reached rank 2. He's only 46 now. All Might was already much older than him. Having kids didn't really alter his path into becoming number 1. He would have probably gotten it anyways. But only until a few months ago he had wanted Shouto to become number 1. But wouldn't that most likely take even longer for him to see that a reality?
    Endeavor explained to All Might during the Remedial Course that he wanted to become specifically stronger than him. He said that if all he wanted was get the #1 spot, he could have just tried to act nicer to the public and increase his popularity, but doing it that way wouldn't be good enough for him. So of course getting it because he retires wouldn't count either. This was about a personal ambition to satisfy his own ego, not a simple desire for recognition.

The goal was to become better than him not win by default. Same way McBoom hate winning against IceZuko by default. Which is why he was so angry in the training chamber when Almight lost his power.

I know his goal wasn't to win by default. But having legacy babies also seems like a dumb idea if he was really trying to be number 1.

Side note. Damn Vigilantes is out.

Spoiler:

This seems like the begenning of a volume with Deku's giving a rundown of the story.

A family dinner hmmm? I feel bad for the sister. She just wants everyone to get along but her brothers are not ready to give up on their issues with Flamebeard making it an unconfortable environment for everyone.

While I'm interested of McBoom in this situation I'm not sure I want Deku in there. For all his harshness McBoom can take a stand whereas I don't think Deku can.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I know his goal wasn't to win by default. But having legacy babies also seems like a dumb idea if he was really trying to be number 1.
    I think the plan was I will surpass you but if I can't (because he realize he couldn't) my son will. It's the win I want but with quirk and training it's at least a win by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Is there a new Vigilante chapter dropping today Nectar?
    Yep. Vigilantes 64 is out!

Well…um…
    Spoiler:
    We saw Shirakumo die last chapter. Damn. Mic's face when he's sad is powerful. That whole post battle was emotional.

I do wanna give props to Aizawa for winning against that villain. I honestly thought he couldn't do it. It was a good battle. Shirakumo's death probably means that the person Nejire was talking about right before Mirio fought Class A wasn't Shirakumo, but Aizawa!
    Hidden:

I can see him becoming disillusioned at being a hero for awhile. Maybe Present Mic and Midnight are finally able to snap him out a self-destructive path.

The idea was to raise someone that could surpass All Might. I don't think he expected to become number 1 by that point.

It's essentially the same logic as training yourself to do so, but you're doing it to someone else instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Yep. Vigilantes 64 is out!

Well…um…
    Spoiler:
    We saw Shirakumo die last chapter. Damn. Mic's face when he's sad is powerful. That whole post battle was emotional.

I do wanna give props to Aizawa for winning against that villain. I honestly thought he couldn't do it. It was a good battle. Shirakumo's death probably means that the person Nejire was talking about right before Mirio fought Class A wasn't Shirakumo, but Aizawa!

I can see him becoming disillusioned at being a hero for awhile. Maybe Present Mic and Midnight are finally able to snap him out a self-destructive path.
    That's some big F right now. Is raining where you are Nectar, here is raining pretty hard.
    Spoiler:
    Damn all that pep talk was in Aizawas's head. That's brutal. No wonder if he became the boy who almost lost his mojo, his closest friend died protecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The idea was to raise someone that could surpass All Might. I don't think he expected to become number 1 by that point.

It's essentially the same logic as training yourself to do so, but you're doing it to someone else instead.
    Yeah that goes back to my original comment of when did Endeavor give up? Cause that's basically what he was doing by trying this breeding plan. Whether he really realized that or not. Late 20s or whatever seems pretty early for him to just decide he couldn't catch up.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Pretty sure he never 'gave up', he most likely would have still been actively trying to surpass AM even up to the incident. The plan with his children was probably something to fallback on.

Yeah that goes back to my original comment of when did Endeavor give up? Cause that's basically what he was doing by trying this breeding plan. Whether he really realized that or not. Late 20s or whatever seems pretty early for him to just decide he couldn't catch up.
    He probably started the failsafe after 3-4 years of stalling behind All Might.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    That's some big F right now. Is raining where you are Nectar, here is raining pretty hard.
    Spoiler:
    Damn all that pep talk was in Aizawas's head. That's brutal. No wonder if he became the boy who almost lost his mojo, his closest friend died protecting him.
    No, its not raining. Just cloudy.
    Oh, and we still don't know what His Purple Highness' quirk is. Come on, MHV. So many possibilities. Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Diamonds & Pearls, Red Corvette. You gotta give me something.

Well, we know he only married for the sake of putting his eugenics plan in motion, so he'd have to have decided it by then. Fuyumi is 23, and Touya is even older, so Endeavor was 22 tops when he started to have children. Actually, that is super quick when you put it like that.

Some more Databook info, including some tidbits about Sir Nighteye and Ouji Harima.

From what the databook said about Harima, I'm starting to think he was a One For All user.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005838
    Time for some Touya Dabi in town.
    Also on the latest Vigilantes chapter:
    Spoiler:
    His friend’s death really did a number on Aizawa, he basically became a new person. Guess we just witnessed the moment he accepted his past and prepared to move forward as a teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
    I really appreciate that Rei reacted with panic/horror to what she did and immediately used her ice to combat the burn.
    That was a good detail to see.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Character development in Vigilante >> Character development in the main series. I hope the spin-off gets an adaptation one day. It more than deserves it.

About the anime, it's quite astonishing how consistently mediocre the openings for that adaptation have been so far.
    Especially for that genre where catchy OP that hypes you is usually the norm.
    The songs are not bad but the direction of those OPs where the visuals barely match the beats of the songs makes them so forgettable to me (look at Black Clover's OPs especially the latest one to see what I consider to be well directed OPs). And it's not like Bones isn't capable of producing great OPs. A shame.

Anyway, 1 of my 3 good highlights in that mediocre arc is coming next week. Looking forward to that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information