+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4320

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I still haven't seen a situation where FlameBeard has been explicitly bad at human interaction. In fact, he has always been polite and respectful to people, unless its Toshinori or his family.

I still think the Wind dude is a classic case of when a fan meets their idol and expects them to be super nice and accommodating towards them, since he's developed a parasocial relationship with them.

Even Toshinori was kind of a dick towards Deku in the beginning.
    I feel like we saw the hero association mention poeple skills is one of the thing he is lacking on, and we saw when talking to All Might he mentioned he was focused on performance while All Might was the people person and he is tring to work on that. And that a lot of his more recent development is trying to be more open and interactive with the public and that's why his fan found him being open to interact with him was out of chracter with the hero he loves.

I really think people interraction not being a strong suit of Endevor and him trying to correct that is a narrative we've been seeing play out.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I feel like we saw the hero association mention poeple skills is one of the thing he is lacking on,
    It wasn't the Hero Association specifically. It was a bunch of tv news reports talking about Endeavor's mixed approval ratings compared to All-Might.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I feel like we saw the hero association mention poeple skills is one of the thing he is lacking on, and we saw when talking to All Might he mentioned he was focused on performance while All Might was the people person and he is tring to work on that. And that a lot of his more recent development is trying to be more open and interactive with the public and that's why his fan found him being open to interact with him was out of chracter with the hero he loves.

I really think people interraction not being a strong suit of Endevor and him trying to correct that is a narrative we've been seeing play out.
    I agree that Endevor is very lacking in the ability to put people's heart at ease the way All Might did, and I think its all centered around Toshinori's philosophy of always smiling, while Endevor is more of a as long as the job is done type of guy.
    On the other hand, I still disagree that he lacks people skills. Like I said there have been incidents where the author could have portrayed him as rude and abrasive, but instead he chose to show us that Endevor can be polite and respectful, some key ingredients in having great people skills IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    It wasn't the Hero Association specifically. It was a bunch of tv news reports talking about Endeavor's mixed approval ratings compared to All-Might.

Yes this exactly, people can't help compare him to the lively and always smiling All Might. So he seems less lacking in that regard.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I agree that Endevor is very lacking in the ability to put people's heart at ease the way All Might did, and I think its all centered around Toshinori's philosophy of always smiling, while Endevor is more of a as long as the job is done type of guy.
    On the other hand, I still disagree that he lacks people skills. Like I said there have been incidents where the author could have portrayed him as rude and abrasive, but instead he chose to show us that Endevor can be polite and respectful, some key ingredients in having great people skills IMO.
    I wasn't talking about if he can talk without insulting people but if he is an position to advice others on being reassuring or calming through his speech rather than his tactical effectiveness. I don't think we have anything pointing to this. Every civilian that talk about him reference his strength and being an imposing figure. Nothing that would point to the skills I'm talking about and even people like his fans that have a more positive image doesn't portray him as such.

It's like I don't know I wouldn't go to Batman for howw to be a more sunny hero. Not because he is an awful hero but because it's not his strong suit.

It's like I don't know I wouldn't go to Batman for howw to be a more sunny hero. Not because he is an awful hero but because it's not his strong suit.
    This is actually a really good point and I now understand where ur coming from.
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Endeavor has never had any problem being socially functional. You kinda have to be if you want to be professional to begin with.

The issue is that he's intimidating and uncharismatic. Dude literally looks like hell incarnate. It's the third top result of the "Moogle" search in Count Mario's post after all.

He's kinda like Gang Orca, except Gang at least has the Free Willy appeal.

Spoiler:
    Every time Deku mentions his second quirk, I die a little bit inside. Lol, I genuinely hate that development.
    Spoiler:
    As well as Shigaraki's?

I'm glad I missed last week's chapter and got to read it alongside this week's, because this week's was pretty uneventful, if I'm being honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I'm glad I missed last week's chapter and got to read it alongside this week's, because this week's was pretty uneventful, if I'm being honest.
    In general I'm just waiting for the arc to start getting interesting, and hopefully include other students, as unlikely as that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    As well as Shigaraki's?
    Nope, Shigaraki was always setup to have multiple quirks due to who his master was.

On the other hand Deku wasn't and I always assumed that him not having a Quirk that the One For All could augment was because we were going to see him make the best out of that one Powerup.

I always that was the one of the reasons we learned that Mirio could have been the succesor. To show that OFA could be even more powerful in the hands of someone with a quirk already BUT Deku would make that one type work and become great. Just like Toshinori.

Nice info on Giran
    Giran: Technique C, Power E, Speed E, Knowledge A, Professionalism AReal name Kagerou Okuta. Quirk "Muddiness", if he touches someone's head he can make their memories of the previous & next five minutes vague.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Nice info on Giran
    Giran: Technique C, Power E, Speed E, Knowledge A, Professionalism AReal name Kagerou Okuta. Quirk "Muddiness", if he touches someone's head he can make their memories of the previous & next five minutes vague.
    Giran info! I never wanted a databook so bad. What an interesting quirk. Definitely not practical but useful under certain circumstances.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Giran info! I never wanted a databook so bad. What an interesting quirk. Definitely not practical but useful under certain circumstances.
    His quirk is perfect for his profession. "I was talking to someone about something but I don't remember. I swear I'm saying the truth Mr. Policeman, I don't know how this illegal quirk gadgets are in my possession."

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I never wanted a databook so bad.
    If only I could read japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Nice info on Giran
    That's some nice plausible deniability on demand.

Endeavor, best teacher (except if you are a Todoroki)
    https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/248/6277/1

Spoiler:
    Dinner party! Incoming info on missing elder brother?

Spoiler:
    I'm looking forward to seeing Fuyumi and Bakugo interact.
    She's spent a lifetime dealing with her father, so she might be comically unphased by all of Bakugo's aggression.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm looking forward to seeing Fuyumi and Bakugo interact.
    She's spent a lifetime dealing with her father, so she might be comically unphased by all of Bakugo's aggression.
    Spoiler:
    A funny flip would be if Bakugo was a perfect guest. This is the first time he's been invited to something not quite school or work related. Plus he knows about Shouto's backstory. He may actually have manners lol.

Spoiler:
    For a chapter without any real developments I actually really enjoyed this? Seeing Endeavor be a really competent teacher when he's trying somehow totally fits him and actually endears him to me.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I like how Endeavor is incredibly competent at everything that doesn't have to do with his family.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information