+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 203 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4058

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Well.... that's gonna be a fun chapter for the anime crew someday.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Yes.
    Spoiler:
    Poor Shigi never had a chance. And well after years of physiological and physical abuse when you get a quirk that decays shit at age of 5 and your Dad tries to kill after you accidentally dusted your own family and dog. Only Enji stands above Kotaro on the shit tier list, and well Hisashi when he is reveled to be AFO.
    Spoiler:
    Pretty sure dad just wanted to knock him out.

Holy shit, though. And here I thought he was manipulated and stuff. Turns out he was practically a born psycho.

Kinda sucks that your special ability can pretty much define your entire life. He never stood a chance at being a functional member of the society. Might as well destroy it so nobody can be, right?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Spoiler:
    I imagine a lot more clean decay and lot less blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think they could make it creepy and kinda messy inky like when All for One showed up in Kamino. Blood could just be heavily inky. Maybe reverse colors. They could probably be pretty artistic with it.

My Hero Vigilantes vol. 7 cover.
    This one is an interpretation of MHA vol. 20 (the Star Wars-ish one). My favorite Vigilante cover so far.

NNID: jervinnectar

After reading the official release, I wonder, in a different upbringing, would Shiggy still manifest decay? Or if it had manifested on tableware or a teddy bear, would his family be able to get him to calm down?

I mean, the poor dog was the activation, and then it started running wild with each death pushing him harder and harder into madness, destroying those who he loved, then those who he resented, and then the one he hated.

He's placing society in the place of his mom and grandparents, as "inocent" bystanders, and the heroes in the place of his dad, as oppresors.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Something I’ve been thinking is this: The people who really know how quirks work in this universe seem to be aware that the mental state of the user and their power are intimately connected. If Shiggy’s upbringing had been different, I’m pretty sure that his quirk would have manifested differently, too. It may never have actually caused decay and may have instead given him the ability to just separate things without breaking them or something like that. Like an awakened Buggy from One Piece or something.

The interesting part of this theory, I think, is that it makes hero training that much more important of a part of this society. Not only are the heroes training to be better at using their quirks, but they are probably training their hearts to make their quirks more wholesome as well.

Makes me think, though. What would happen if there was a villain with a memory manipulation ability? They could easily manipulate even the most righteous heroes into being mass murder weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGreenBlue View Post
    Something I’ve been thinking is this: The people who really know how quirks work in this universe seem to be aware that the mental state of the user and their power are intimately connected. If Shiggy’s upbringing had been different, I’m pretty sure that his quirk would have manifested differently, too. It may never have actually caused decay and may have instead given him the ability to just separate things without breaking them or something like that. Like an awakened Buggy from One Piece or something.

The interesting part of this theory, I think, is that it makes hero training that much more important of a part of this society. Not only are the heroes training to be better at using their quirks, but they are probably training their hearts to make their quirks more wholesome as well.

Makes me think, though. What would happen if there was a villain with a memory manipulation ability? They could easily manipulate even the most righteous heroes into being mass murder weapons.
    to
    To argue,there's plenty of destructive hero quirks. How would those change w a bad upbringing? Explosions, flames,, super strength. IMO, it's more hownthebquirls are used.

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    to
    To argue,there's plenty of destructive hero quirks. How would those change w a bad upbringing? Explosions, flames,, super strength. IMO, it's more hownthebquirls are used.
    I suppose they would change in that they would be more self destructive, too. If we're really to believe that Dabi is a Todoroki sibling, then this might be more proof that the mental state of the user or the quality of their heart can make their quirk vary from something simply dangerous but constructive to something more volatile and scary.

I suppose they would change in that they would be more self destructive, too. If we're really to believe that Dabi is a Todoroki sibling, then this might be more proof that the mental state of the user or the quality of their heart can make their quirk vary from something simply dangerous but constructive to something more volatile and scary.
    Maybe. But that seems more like how the quirk is being used (mentally unstable and evil) than how it would develop depending on mental state. Are the blue flames any more dangerous or destructive? Or is it the user controlling it. Same quirk different usage.

Honestly this kind of ties into what we've been learning about One for All, too. Deku's new powers were running out of control until he calmed his subconscious, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Maybe. But that seems more like how the quirk is being used (mentally unstable and evil) than how it would develop depending on mental state. Are the blue flames any more dangerous or destructive? Or is it the user controlling it. Same quirk different usage.
    Yes, I get your point, but I still think there's a difference... would be interesting to see if Dabi's flames turned blue only once he really started to crack.

I just get the sense that quirks are the kind of thing that you don't have complete conscious control over, that they are influenced by your psyche too, and may even evolve based on your psyche. Would explain the recent awakenings we've been seeing.

A Pretty good chapter from Academia. Which is surprising coming from me since it focuses on facepalm and I'm not a fan of his.

Spoiler:

I like that we didn't go half-ass in how horrifying what happened was.

I also quite enjoy the build up. The dog is confusion. The sister is accident and the dad is anger. At that age it's easy to imagine you could make such mistakes. I don't feel happy that the dad died but I can see why Facepalm would have killed him in his youthful anger.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    After reading the official release, I wonder, in a different upbringing, would Shiggy still manifest decay? Or if it had manifested on tableware or a teddy bear, would his family be able to get him to calm down?

I mean, the poor dog was the activation, and then it started running wild with each death pushing him harder and harder into madness, destroying those who he loved, then those who he resented, and then the one he hated.

He's placing society in the place of his mom and grandparents, as "inocent" bystanders, and the heroes in the place of his dad, as oppresors.
    Yeah, Shiggy's abuse and those he love and trusted turning a blind eye sent his quirk into overdrive. I could see it activating normally on a small object when he got mad one day, but never against his family if he didn't hate them.

I think the quirk you get is the quirk you get. Good or bad influences don't matter. I wouldn't say a quirk determines the user's personality as a rule; we've seen both people whose quirks fit their personality (Bakugo, Shigaraki) and people who don't (Shinso, 13).

But, maybe a quirk influences a personality. For example, anyone with an explosion quirk is predisposed to be a hothead, but depending on their environment they may end up not being one. Of course, with Bakugo's mom as a parent, there's no way Bakugo wasn't becoming a hothead.

His quirk actually first manifested last chapter on the ball he threw to his dog, but he didn't realized (he feels a shock on his finger and we can see a small piece of the ball coming off).

I find it weird how powerful the quirk is right of the bat. But I just consider it an anomaly like a person gifted to play basketball or high IQ and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I find it weird how powerful the quirk is right of the bat. But I just consider it an anomaly like a person gifted to play basketball or high IQ and moved on.
    I think it has something to do with it being a mutant quirk like Eri. Seems like they're all overpowered.

I don't find it too weird. He was under extreme emotional stress. So he had no subconscious breaks. And by the time he got to his dad he hit the gas.

It could have been a bit of his quirk being pretty strong on top of that. Or better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I think it has something to do with it being a mutant quirk like Eri. Seems like they're all overpowered.
    Oh yeah Eri turned someone into a monkey that time or something.

What makes a quirk a mutant quirk?

What makes a quirk a mutant quirk?
    It's completely unrelated to the families quirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I don't find it too weird. He was under extreme emotional stress. So he had no subconscious breaks. And by the time he got to his dad he hit the gas.
    I dunno it would like SUgarBoy lifting a boulder or McBoom exploding his room in their first activation. I always thought it was clear that quirk gradually grows from barely doing anything to possibly being OP not that you didn't do it because you're a nice kid. Like endeavor would have had hot hands or a fleeting spark in his younger years.

But that's just my own vision of things I'm not sure it's ever been in the manga.

It could have been a bit of his quirk being pretty strong on top of that. Or better than average.
    I just go with that. Like the intro said not everyone is born equal. Slar already has what is basically 2 quirks so every once in a wild the molds gets broken. It's how they came to be after all and quirks are suppose to be getting more OP.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    It's completely unrelated to the families quirk.
    So Deku would have a mutant quirk(unless they think it's related to the mom telekinesis). Making Deku a little less odd to the general population. I like that.

So Deku would have a mutant quirk(unless they think it's related to the mom telekinesis). Making Deku a little less odd to the general population. I like that.
    He actualy used the mutation as an excuse after reading about it online.

No, really.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information