+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190
Results 3,781 to 3,793 of 3793

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    But once and is done, we will be left if a couple Twices besides the OG. So the whole trauma situation could happen again. If thatís not a PTSD trigger i donít know what else could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spoiler:
    Exactly. Twice's clones inform the LoV duplicates they're clones but they themselves think they're still the original. Twice prime might be convinced of his humanity but it appears that all his clones automatically believe they're real unless convinced otherwise.

Wonderful detail: Twice forgot to duplicate Mr. Compress's missing arm so he scratched his chin for him!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post

Spoiler:
    For now, I'll disagree because if what the MLA wanted was reasonable they wouldn't have to go this far. I think it's all or nothing. What Geten said about the strong quirk users leading the weak is the MLA's answer to the expected social chaos. Quirk freedom is absolute but Redestro will be the one deciding what deaths are justified and etc. Again, what can you do if someone wants to control your mind or activate a volcano? That's their quirk and Redestro's about freedom. I think he's all about the cause no matter the consequences thinking with him in charge he'll fix any problem that arise.

He was also fast and his arm is kinda elastic. Cell/Self-Molecular manipulation, maybe.
    Spoiler:

He wants to make quirks legal not make crimes legal. If Bakugo burn a sign by accident or fly to work, it's fine. If he murders his wife with his quirk because she cheated on him, he goes to prison. It doesn't become not a crime because you used your quirk instead of a gun. If someone use mind control for sex it might be seen like a pick up artist and not care but if you use to force someone to rob a bank you are liable the same than if you coerced them by having their family hostage.

He is magneto or Malcom X. The man that will do whatever it takes to get the freedom for his people but also isn't saying they should be above the law. At least it's what it is and it doesn't get stupid.

Thank you for the explanation. I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:

He wants to make quirks legal not make crimes legal. If Bakugo burn a sign by accident or fly to work, it's fine. If he murders his wife with his quirk because she cheated on him, he goes to prison. It doesn't become not a crime because you used your quirk instead of a gun. If someone use mind control for sex it might be seen like a pick up artist and not care but if you use to force someone to rob a bank you are liable the same than if you coerced them by having their family hostage.

He is magneto or Malcom X. The man that will do whatever it takes to get the freedom for his people but also isn't saying they should be above the law. At least it's what it is and it doesn't get stupid.

Thank you for the explanation. I wasn't sure.
    Spoiler:
    But, bad things will happen with you basically tell 80% of the population you can do whatever you want with your quirk. Redestro can't have it both ways (although I'm sure he'll try). He wants freedom to use your quirks, but that will cause a whole set of problems like what if your quirk is so insanely destructive or intrusive just the act of using it breaks other laws? That's why I keep bring up mind manipulation. That person's taking another's freedom to make their own decisions, turning them into a slave. What if using your wind quirk causes accidents while flying around? There's too much overlap with other laws for this to work. Redestro wants to show footage of "average" citizens fighting off the League. Does every criminal get mob killed? What crimes constitute that? Law enforcement is being put in citizen's hands and that could lead to trouble depending on the people involved.

The MLA inner circle aren't people off the streets, they have influence, power. And, they should know the average person has no problem with someone using their quirk in public if it doesn't bother anyone else. If they wanted to compromise they'd go about this the legal way. They're going all in and taking things too far.

Geten's words confirms it. That guy's drinking the MLA Kool-Aid too. If he says the strong will rule the weak I'll betting he got that from Redestro. And after seeing Redestro's quirk I'm also betting it's Redestro who wants to be the strong one in charge.

Add all that plus Redestro willing to accept his follows dying for the cause and we got a guy who has no intention of putting anything or anyone above quirk freedom. If you die, that's because your quirk sucks. Oh, well.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    Assuming that the Shigi clone and the last Twice clones in that room got popped in the fall, the entire info dump from Re-Destro was really only heard by Giran. Pretty nice way to give the readers the information without giving it to the league who really don't care about what he's spewing.

Hm. What's it looking like. 1 or 2 more chapters to end this arc? As much as I'm enjoying my fill of Twice. I'm missing the school lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Hm. What's it looking like. 1 or 2 more chapters to end this arc? As much as I'm enjoying my fill of Twice. I'm missing the school lol.
    Nah, we've got Redestro plus at least three more named MLA guys to contend with, Gigantomachia, Hawks fallout, and the "end" of the LoV to cover. Probably 10 more chapters.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    Spoiler:
    I generally dislike this sort of "character progression" because it permeates the idea that mental issues are simple to solve if you get to the source. It's also unrealistic so it breaks my suspension of disbelief.
    Spoiler:
    This is a special case and makes sense since his trauma was that he never knew whether he was a clone or not and if he got hurt he'd disappear forever. He overcame this because he was forced to feel pain and found out that he still existed after the fact and given the circumstance of his crush being in danger this snapped him out of his fear over the matter. The underlying problem however, of the clones thinking they're real, might cause trouble in the future but only if a traumatic experience like before resurfaces. Until then, he's pretty much a free man and it made for a great character moment to show how powerful his quirk really is.
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07 View Post
    Spoiler:
    This is a special case and makes sense since his trauma was that he never knew whether he was a clone or not and if he got hurt he'd disappear forever. He overcame this because he was forced to feel pain and found out that he still existed after the fact and given the circumstance of his crush being in danger this snapped him out of his fear over the matter. The underlying problem however, of the clones thinking they're real, might cause trouble in the future but only if a traumatic experience like before resurfaces. Until then, he's pretty much a free man and it made for a great character moment to show how powerful his quirk really is.
    Spoiler:
    And that's exactly how it doesn't work, which has been my gripe with the issue. It's a very common character arc in a lot of media: an event occurs, a troubled caracter is forced to do something he avoids or learns that he can do what he thought he couldn't do and then realizes that "everything was in his head" and it's perfectly fine. The past problem is then often played for laughs like in this chapter with the clones thinking all the other are clones except themselves. This is a subject that is widely missrepresented and not a particular issue with this manga (altough MHA does try to be more realistic about the themes it covers) and I don't want to derait the thread, so better leave it at that.
    I hate quacks.

My Hero Academia Season 4 teaser.

^ Looking good. Nighteye's Foresight eye looks cool in color. lol at the obligatory Bakugo and Todoroki shots, their anime only fans are gonna be disappointed.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    ^ Looking good. Nighteye's Foresight eye looks cool in color. lol at the obligatory Bakugo and Todoroki shots, their anime only fans are gonna be disappointed.
    Well you gotta at least show them since they're top 3. The season looks nice. But it wasn't my favorite. I'm basically just excited for the seasons after lol.

I'm excited for the moments that anime-only viewers are going to flip out over.

Magne's death, Kirishima's new move, the Mirio/Nighteye stuff,
    the revelation of the extent of Eri's abuse, Toga & Twice screwing over the Yakuza,
    Mirio losing his quirk, the Deku/Eri buffing cheat code,
    Shigaraki brutalizing Chisaki, Nighteye's death, etc

I can't wait to watch people's reactions to the craziness.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information