+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 174 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3463

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

So Slidin' Go is *turns chair backwards* a real hip dude who's here to totally connect with all you playas out there, ya feel?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Goddamnit, i just realized Detnerat is supposed to be "Talented" backwards, but with the L swapped with a R.

Were you instructed about that CCC? Or is the Engrish (un)intentional from the Japanese side?
    I remember seeing a post on reddit about a possible Destro (I think?) rat motif, including a tattoo somewhere. Sounds like it might actually be some pretty clever English!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Hello, fellow capes, you down to rap?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Also, the implication is *not* that the CEO is Destro's child. More like a descendant (direct descendant - hence the black marks on face).

Destro was doing his thing 100-200 years ago, when you take into account factors like Inko being a 4th gen Quirky, or AFO being "over 100 years old."
    This isn't super recent history.
    Oh wow. I didn't realize it was that long ago. I need a timeline for events in this series again lol.

So, maybe that's why Hawks is a double agent. Hori was saving the Hero traitor for the LA.

Also, the implication is *not* that the CEO is Destro's child. More like a descendant (direct descendant - hence the black marks on face).

Destro was doing his thing 100-200 years ago, when you take into account factors like Inko being a 4th gen Quirky, or AFO being "over 100 years old."
    This isn't super recent history.
    Thank you. I wasn't sure. Makes things even more interesting since only the most dedicated would keep the group going for this long.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I remember seeing a post on reddit about a possible Destro (I think?) rat motif, including a tattoo somewhere. Sounds like it might actually be some pretty clever English!
    Yeah the mouse/rat is the Liberation Army's emblem (with the text "One of Them"), found on Destro's shoulder during the Gentle monologue.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/966056257017798657

(
    he did turn out to be Japanese, of course. but that speculation was over a year ago...)

Spoiler:

I love that first page. It should should be a cover. Although as chapter starter I find it doesn't fit. But I really want it as part of the opening or for a volume cover. Just the three panel in the middle. You get the title before and after the hand touched it.

I don't like giants as characters. They are fun to pile on but they are a pain when they are supposed to be actually competent at fighting. And this situation especially annoy me because Facepalm can't exactly subdue him without causing destroying a leg or another and therefore lessen his investment.

Yeah the mouse/rat is the Liberation Army's emblem (with the text "One of Them"), found on Destro's shoulder during the Gentle monologue.
    So when is it going to turn out that the Principal is just a regular rat with Destro's consciousness crammed in its brain somehow?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Now this is fucked up.

Spoiler:
    Even in a world where there are more people with superpowers than "normal" people, there is still the same kind of racism present in X-Men.

So uncool!

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Now this is fucked up.

Spoiler:
    Even in a world where there are more people with superpowers than "normal" people, there is still the same kind of racism present in X-Men.

So uncool!
    So
    Spoiler:
    The Todoroki memes were right.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    So
    Spoiler:
    The Todoroki memes were right.
    Spoiler:
    You need to be more specific on this one with me.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    You need to be more specific on this one with me.
    Spoiler:
    It's a /a/ meme that Endeavor and Shouto are racist against mutant type individuals.

That's certainly the first time I heard of this one.

Hidden:

It's a "fun" meme because dealt with something that until this chapter as something lacking in the world building.
    Spoiler:
    We new that quirk racism was something that lead people to be villains, but we hadn't had the answer to in a world where almost everybody is super that was space for discrimination among super individuals.

Spoiler:

One of the most enjoyable Hero chapters in a long while.
    Probably because the League of Villains is one of my favourite aspects of the series.

A whole chapter of them interacting with each other and fighting? ME GUSTA

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Spoiler:
    Hard to hate LoV when they tear through hate groups. I always enjoy how the villain stuff parallels the hero side. Shiggy despite being a little older than Deku is pretty much a novice villain.

Just a couple of things I wasn't clear on. The beginning is being narrated by the Spinner?

When is this taking place exactly? Like what were the kids doing at this phase? Is this before or after the Endeavor fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:

When is this taking place exactly? Like what were the kids doing at this phase? Is this before or after the Endeavor fight?
    Spoiler:
    The Gigantomachia encounter took place a month before the JP Hero Rankings, so this is just after Chisaki being arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    The Gigantomachia encounter took place a month before the JP Hero Rankings, so this is just after Chisaki being arrested.
    Spoiler:
    Oh wow he went way back. I wonder if that means we'll get a full arc or mini arc devoted to the LoV

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    Oh wow he went way back. I wonder if that means we'll get a full arc or mini arc devoted to the LoV
    Spoiler:
    My hope is a hell yes, we need to know the doctor in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first chapter I've enjoyed in a long time. I think the last good chapter was Deku vs Air quirk guy
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Gentle didn't had an air quirk. His Quirk was Soft&Bouncy.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information