+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3801

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

It's not a TLC complaint unless it's inane and unreasonable (as usual).

Discovered Stowaway

Spoiler:
    I feel like one of AP "Woman portrayal" resident complainers and I am always willing to voice how annoyed I am with Horikoshi and MHA for that. And yet I have no problem with Uraraka in this chapter*. She was the only one who was not totally overwhelmed and just stood there like a sitting duck watching things unfold. She took action, took the lead and took control of the situation in a matter of seconds.
    If she used her own superpowers or somebody else's to control Deku feels irrelevant to me.

But I agree with the previous complaint about Shinso trying to figure out what to say to Deku, I actually laughed with cringe at that. I mean, he wants you to brainwash him. Just say "Hey" so he can answer "what?" and that's enough.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; December 31st, 2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: *talking about her actions, not about the apparent shift in her motivations - I would need to reread old chapters before opn

How is "assessed" a big word?

I feel like you're greatly over reacting for this chapter.

Spoiler:
    What could she have done exactly? What she did here was the smart thing to do. I give her props for that. Yeah she's not overly analytical but she has been shown to understanding of the people around her. And to also learn how to look at the bigger picture during these situations. It's not that far fetched she decided to use Shinso. Who is also supposed to be getting screen time here. This arc isn't solely about her.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't care if you use big fancy words like assessment to make it sound impressive, after last week's cliffhanger and the buildup of her character in this chapter to get you excited that she was going to do something really cool and drastic after about two hundred chapters of neglect, for all of that to amount to being her doing nothing but ask Shinsou, the bland nothing whose only here because he's a fanpoll favorite character, to steal her big moment is just terrible and insulting. Nothing about what she did was impressive or something that only she could do. Literally anyone could have looked at Deku and gone "hey Shinsou, do something!" Shinsou could have taken the initiative and done it himself without anyone doing anything. This is just Horikoshi giving Ururaka scraps from the table because he knows he should be giving Ururaka SOMETHING to do because she's technically the female lead but doesn't know what to do. It doesn't even make much sense that Uraraka gets this moment since she has never been the analytical type character. But oh wait, she's a girl and she loves him and all girls have that special psychic power of knowing when their man is in danger I guess because Horikoshi is completely at a loss what to do with Ururaka's character and doesn't know how to write her anymore except in ways that revolve around her love for Deku, strong female character writing right there.

Yeah lol and people call Oda sexist, Oda gave a secondary minor character a whole chapter to have a cool transformation sequence into a werewolf and wreck shit up, it's been about two hundred chapters since the tournament arc and this is the best Horikoshi could do? Give me a break.
    Wow my God was that painful to read.

Spoiler:
    Were we reading the same thing?

Spoiler:
    I think I get what he's saying. Uraraka did do something useful, but it wasn't amazing. It was good, but it wasn't necessarily a moment that earned that backstory. Her saving Deku could've worked just as well without it. Its kind of like this arc. There's so much potential wasted. It wasn't horrible, but I expected more than what I got.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    A more flashy way of helping him woulda been nice. Or rather. For Deku's quirk to go outta control towards the end of the match so the others had a chance for screen time. But well who knows where this will go after this chapter. I don't find it to be the worst thing ever.

Mostly Unrelated. My MHA oc for my friend's campaign is coming out better than I could have hoped for. Blue Dragon sea slugs are amazing and offer up some fun designs ideas lol. I'm having fun drawing him. I keep coming up with variations.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    When you're posting art stuff like that, it helps to say what it is you're hiding under the tag.

Also, you can use [ hide] instead of [ spoiler].

Also the forum auto sizes large images so you probably didn't need to hide it at all.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Vigilantes chapter 45 is out

Spoiler:
    Been a while since we saw bee girl, almost didn't recognize her with the ponytail. Nice that Knuckleduster and Tsukauchi's boss know each other. I'm a bit confused whether or not Knuckleduster knows that speed villain. Guess there's no reason for KD to lie about it but I thought evil guy was his old sidekick. Maybe Reverse Flash only admired Knuckleduster and wanted his quirk. If so, how does AFO play into all this? There can't be another person or drug that takes and passes quirks. That'd diminish AFO's role in the main series. The guy has to be the one pulling all the strings.

Also, screw you Knuckleduster for still not visiting Koichi. Stop acting like the proud papa. You're a deadbeat dad.

NNID: jervinnectar

Spoiler:
    Well shit, that's a twist.

Spoiler:
    Horikoshi, what you doing bruh

Spoiler:
    Maybe he went online and read that people were bitching on how Deku is a one lane guy and his powers don't have much room to showcase creativity.
    That he might had fucked it up by making him a nerfed OPM so here he is redeeming the character by making him the last airbender.
    Yeah this spells all kind of bad and editorial decisions all over it.
    Maybe five years down the road we will look back on this chapter and go this is the chapter where BnHa joined the likes of narutard and blfeach

Damn, what a weird direction to go. Was not expecting this, and was not even sure it is needed. Definitely opens the door up to a TON of theories, so that'll be fun for the eternity of MHA. Hopefully each of the powers is unique, and not too OP because I thought Deku was good as he already was.

Really curious to see why All Might never experienced this

Discovered Stowaway

Spoiler:
    And Deku enters the list of those main characters who are all over the place because they need to have everything. Naruto and Ichigo welcome you.

Now I don't know if I want Horikoshi to take his time with each new quirk and only present a new one once in an eternity or just rush and show all of them because, as long as we don't know each quirk OfA carries, it will be impossible to see any circumstance Deku finds himself in as a threat, as he can always pull a new ability out of his ass that will perfectly address the situation in question.

Spoiler:
    Well, this is something that I wasnīt expecting, mostly because Deku didnīt really need a power-up. One for All as All Might used it was one of the strongest quirks and Dekuīs version was going to be even stronger without the six new quirks. In the end One For All ended being just like All For One, with the difference that it takes a lot more time to use the "stolen quirks", that it gives the higher tier of superstrenght, also boosts the inherited powers themselves and that it traps the very souls of the previous users. If on top on that those quirks have good sinergy (like AFOīs stolen ones), then Deku will eventually become a monster scarier than AFO.

I like that he will be able to talk with all the previous users, but I am not happy about his quirk evolving like this, unless Deku canīt actually take advantage of that because it will end becoming impossible to control or because his body canīt take it. There is also the part about Deku having to explain because his superstrenght suddenly has six new and different quirks unrelated to it, All Might had it easier to cover it up.

The chapter itself is fine and enjoyable, but it scares me what can come of those powers. Aizawa not stopping the match is fine, as long as he stays there to make sure they donīt kill each other by accident.

Spoiler:
    My two cents are that maybe Deku’s body will never be strong enough to go 100% on force without shattering.
    So the quirk itself adjusted to the situation allowing him to tap into the predecessors quirks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:
    Gut reaction-not a fan. Horikoshi has done a decent job so far of quirks having drawbacks so this doesn't mean instantaneous op Deku but honestly I can't say I like this.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Spoiler:

We 'Flame of Recca' now.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Spoiler:
    Wow Horikoshi, way to undercut the careful deliberate growth of your protagonist with this bullshit.

And they're really just continuing the test? Aizawa is the worst fucking teacher.

Damn I wonder why the author felt the need to lean on such a cliche trope. The story was just fine as it is and now I can't honestly see this adding anything of value to it.

What an odd blunder
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information