+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151
Results 3,001 to 3,014 of 3014

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    "he can't use two or more" how akward, say only one.
    that's why they pay me the big $$$
    (also, that was the first chapter of the series I translated! brings back memories...)

See, good job, a proper localization, I bet the original said exactly two or more, but is just akward and ambiguous, specially when it is the narrator.

Way too many coding problems happen because people stay with the first less than, greater than expression that they come up with, and don't think on the reader as well.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    You can see him smack Kirishima's head in the top panel, to gain the hardening quirk after using explosion.
    Which is exactly the moment I was referring to.
    It was shown more clearly when animated.

Also, this is shown barely a page later:

https://i.gyazo.com/e220d8f3f59c793e...320bbf317b.png
    Yeah, but keep going with that scene, though, don't stop at that moment. As you said, the anime made it clear he touched Kirishima before using his quirk, but also made clear he didn't touched Bakugo again after turning the hardening off and going back to using explosions.

There is a difference between not being able to use two quirks at the same time and not being able to have them. All we know is that he can't run with Iida's quirk while being hardened by Kirishima's, he would need to turn one off before turning the other one on, but it's still possible he can have both stored at the same time.

playing a little cardgame Admiral Issho's Avatar

i just read that monoma has 7 clocks on the belt of his hero costume to keep track of the quirks he copies maybe 7 is his limit?
    all credits to benjamminbrown

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Yeah, but keep going with that scene, though, don't stop at that moment. As you said, the anime made it clear he touched Kirishima before using his quirk, but also made clear he didn't touched Bakugo again after turning the hardening off and going back to using explosions.

There is a difference between not being able to use two quirks at the same time and not being able to have them. All we know is that he can't run with Iida's quirk while being hardened by Kirishima's, he would need to turn one off before turning the other one on, but it's still possible he can have both stored at the same time.
    I just assumed that blocking Bakugo's attack counted as another touch, then the hardening went away because he had explosion again after the fact.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Basically if Sugar Man is bootleg One for All, Monoma is bootleg All for One.

so what is the consensus as to what's happening with Midoriya quirk???

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    The quirk got stronger.

You see son when you inherit one for all your body goes through some changes...
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    One For All can stockpile other quirks that Midoriya's predecessors had and this is one of those times where it just happens to be acting up.
    Last edited by SuperJew; December 15th, 2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Or our resident supervillain is gonna have a face-to-face with Deku.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Wasnt it mentioned that it only stockpiles the strength, like mirio would just be himself but with super strength and super speed.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
    One For All can stockpile other quirks that Midoriya's predecessors had and this is one of those times where it just happens to be acting up.
    What the what? Never heard that theory. I like it! I'm down for anything that's not some generic power up.

Whatever's happening should have something to do with stockpiling. If not past quirks, then the former user's special moves and wisdom. Maybe the early users had to be more subtle. They couldn't Superman their problems away so had to be more clever. For example, using OFA to boost their senses (Daredevil) or putting the power into a single limb to heal it faster (Wolverine). Deku's not afraid to "borrow" techniques for others (All Might,Bakugo, Iida), this could be Hirokoshi taking that to the next level.

NNID: jervinnectar

Well, that should be a thing.

Originally the "inheritable quirk" and the "growing strength quirk" were not the same. One was given by AfO and the other belonged to the original user, his brother. Both merged allowing the strength quirk to also be passed along with the other... if the inheritable quirk could merge with the other (it is this merged result we call One for All), it wouldn't be unreasonable if it could merge with others quirks as well as it kept being passed on.

When you think about it, it would be the logical consequence. The "inheritable quirk" had no ability other than passing itself down. It makes no sense for a quirk pass down the ability of it being passed down and that's it, unless it can also pass other things along with it. It seems the original purpose of this quirk is merge with other quirks and allow them to be passed along with it, creating successors that can have access to more and more quirks.

Those other quirks should not be getting continuously more powerful, though, as "getting more powerful with time" was a characteristic of the strength quirk alone (that reached absurd levels since the inheritable quirk allowed it to keep strengthening through many life times). Unless, of course, that characteristic would also merge with the other quirks...
    Last edited by .access timeco.; December 15th, 2018 at 06:36 AM.

I always thought that the original quirks of AFO“s brother was passing his soul to another person, seeing how he is the only OFA user that can talk to Deku in the visions. You know, a quirk that basically makes you immortal if you change bodies each few decades.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information