+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 832: ''The Kiss of Death - The Emperor Assassination Plan Begins!''

Default Re: 832: ''The Kiss of Death - The Emperor Assassination Plan Begins!''

Director for next episode ( Hiroyuki Sato) is coming back to op or he was doing some episodes in wci already? Because i was looking on animationcorner and last episode done by him was 540.

H. Sato directed 823 as well I believe. It was a very well done episode with hilarious humour and art. Studio Cosmo returning next week as well perhaps?

After looking on preview few more times some shots are looking very nice besides tomita ofc, like with katakuri, nice art, good shadows, but his eyes on preview are looking strange or this is only me? I hope next few ep will be better than 832 and 831, we have good stuff for upcoming episodes, Satoshi and Kitazaki for 834 and duo (Shūichi Itō and Koyama) for 835 which worked on 829 and this episode was very nice done. I think Sanji dodge was done bad, jeally bean that Katakuri throw was too slow, in the manga this was looking like an instant but in the anime this was too slow and dodge was not that impressive like in the manga.

Last edited by beatermatrix; April 15th, 2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Rather disappointing episode. Ueda's poor direction really took its toll on the pacing/overall enjoyment of the episode.
    The episode was very rushed. It's only been 7 weeks since Ueda's last episode, which givess Takagi and co. something like 4-5 weeks to work on the episode, that's not a very long time. Next week is looking nice though, Tomita returns.
    I liked all the puddimg stuff despite my complaints, its like an absolute flip from how I felt reading the chapter lol
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

If toei needs to hire more animators (or inbetweeners), Im down for a job, lol.

Same complaints as you guys, unfinished animation and inconsistent storyboard. it looks like the storyboard was recut toward the end of production so shots that look completely unrelated are next to eachother. Dynamic angles and shading on Big Mom and Pudding followed by a very flat drawing of Katakuri and Smoothie and a dynamic but unshadowed shot of Sanji. It gave me "Akiyuki Shinbo in Yu Yu Hakusho" vibes one second, then "flat Dressrosa" vibes the next.

Adding to that, I wish more time were put into these music numbers. Like instead of just throwing one in there randomly, they actually plan where they will go and have another team or studio work on them. The Music is god awful, It has no metre, or flow. sounds like somebody completely unfamiliar with music made them in about 10 seconds. (despite being a Media artist and animator myself, I come from a musical family so perhaps it bothers me more than others.) If somebody had the time, i'd kill to read these songs on a sheet. maybe then i can spot the metre.

AND HIS NAME IS TABLET!!!

FINALLY I got to know the name of the ram-rider swordsboy! I hope in the next SBS Oda answer some information regarding him, but finally knowing his name is good enough for now.

Anyways, great episode. Everything flowed appropriately and Pudding's flashback actually felt more relatable than in the manga.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; April 15th, 2018 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah... I thought the lead up to when Pudding was going to shoot Sanji was all done pretty well. However, after that it was a bit disappointing. Especially the Luffy's coming out of the cake. The still shots and music were very underwhelming.

I agree that the scenes of Sanji dodging the jellybean and Luffy popping out of the cake were not very good (although I did like the music at the end). A lot of times there are action moments that the anime should run smoothly but the Sanji scene was not one of them. Luffy popping out, on the other hand, was a perfect chance for a massive-scale continuous action shot rather than the slew of poorly-drawn still shots we got here.

I liked the tension in the first part of the episode, which I felt was missing from the chapter. Pudding's scene couldn't really be resurrected but the episode did about as well as it could have with it. It's a shame though that the episode ended up doing a full reversal and while it handled those scenes well, it did a poor job with the two best parts of the chapter it covered.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; April 15th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler:

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Hopefully the start of the next episode will reanimate the cake-busting.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Would like to add they changed the scene where Sanji dodges Katakuri's jellybeam. In the manga he dodges it almost instinctively, while in the anime he notices Katakuri had attacked before he dodges the shot.

An important distinction when you have in mind the explanation we get later about CoO, specifically in regards to reacting to things you are not fully conscious about.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Would like to add they changed the scene where Sanji dodges Katakuri's jellybeam. In the manga he dodges it almost instinctively, while in the anime he notices Katakuri had attacked before he dodges the shot.

An important distinction when you have in mind the explanation we get later about CoO, specifically in regards to reacting to things you are not fully conscious about.
    I was about to point that out. In the manga he dodges without ever moving his head or looking to the side, unlike what they just did here. It felt like an unconscious dodge.

Other people mentioned how badly directed that moment was; I understand if they wanted to show the impact of the jellybean, but then they should slow down after Sanji's dodge, not the whole scene. And then we have the unimpressive cake scene that wrapped this episode with a bad taste in the mouth. Awful choices all around, but Ueda can be terrible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I agree that the scenes of Sanji dodging the jellybean and Luffy popping out of the cake were not very good (although I did like the music at the end). A lot of times there are action moments that the anime should run smoothly but the Sanji scene was not one of them. Luffy popping out, on the other hand, was a perfect chance for a massive-scale continuous action shot rather than the slew of poorly-drawn still shots we got here.

I liked the tension in the first part of the episode, which I felt was missing from the chapter. Pudding's scene couldn't really be resurrected but the episode did about as well as it could have with it. It's a shame though that the episode ended up doing a full reversal and while it handled those scenes well, it did a poor job with the two best parts of the chapter it covered.
    I don't think I would have had as big of an issue with pudding if the chapter had a similar amount of time as this episode did devoted to it, in the manga it was way too fast so it lacked a lot of impact but here it felt so much more real that I had 0 problems with it. I know people want to harp on how similar it is to viola but with viola I feel like she always hada a plan to escape so what sanji did wasn't that important since she would have moved anyways. That and the soap opera style didn't make me take it at face value like this one did. So I'd rather if I could choose between the two pick this and it fits a lot better into the through lines of this arc
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information