+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

Default Re: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

Absolutely loving the design of Gerth on the cover page! And boy does Morgans look evil in that last panel :D
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    No Sanji this whole chapter? Wonder if Oda didn't show him for a reason...
    He was in a quick panel.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Absolutely loving the design of Gerth on the cover!
    Why? It's just another Nami clone.

Purely coincidence

I like how you unlock a cape when you defeat Katakuri, lol. Nice bonus!

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    On a lighter note, I must say that Big Mom is the most stylish pirate ever. Her Jet Ski homie is the best, lol.
    Yeah, Looks like the frog prince.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

After a clash with genie Sanji just disappear ? Or Did i miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by zxrider665 View Post
    After a clash with genie Sanji just disappear ? Or Did i miss something ?
    He was in the background this chapter and last chapter.

Purely coincidence

Luffy is doing a Shanks-stance in that Wano-Panel.

of all the option that came out in these 2 weeks, oda choose the less farfetched but it's still kind of forced since wadatsumi shouldn't be able to pass through the boiling water, even if really fast

using wadatsumi'smouth as a "coating" makes sense and eliminates the other "improbable" parts of that theory...

still, oda used a bit lof trickery because the rear of the ship that was hit looked like the sunny..but again, it's an explosion so he can change a bit the shapes

the amount of shit the strawhats managed to make people do for their escape is still on the rise.,..but at least this time you can say that they are mainly helping their captain..so it's ok that they are sacrificing the ship

the joining moment of jinbe is delayed once again...a bit disappointed, but if he really comes back in wano, it's just a slight delay

morgans is gonna come out with some BIG NEWS

also, since they are noow kind of officially escaped, i can say it..if big mom doesn't strart sending them the head of everyone they know in the following weeks, I call plothole

Future Smash Hit Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

So "year" of Sanji = Sanji solving all the crew's problems?

Also, if Luffy can willpower his way through a billion deadly poisons to save Ace, then Wadatsumi can quickly reach into boiling water to do a ship swap.

Spoiler:

An Explanation why Moscato is still alive?
    Mont dor told those buddies of BM (those black "blobs") not to leave after Moscato died.
    I guess usually those blobs collect the lifespans of the People and put them into flowers and other items to create Homies.
    They probably put Moscato's lifespan back into himself again.
    Doesn't explain the bandages though.

But that Shows how similar BM's ability is to Moria's. They steal sth from living People to "awake" dead objects by putting it into them.

Even if they get out of Totland, aren't all of the Strawhat relatives in danger? At this point I do believe the chase will keep going to Wano.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Gerth's amazing.

At first I was upset about the switcheroo, but I don't mind it now. Wadatsumi got some real development and I really like the Sun Pirates and it's FINALLY time they showed up in the main action since they were dormant for so long.

My main issue is Jinbe. I've been looking forward to him joining the crew since before it was even (sorta) confirmed all the way back in FI. The way I see it, Oda might wanted to keep the focus on Sanji for this arc. Luffy was supposed to reunite in Wano with the others with one member, not two. Having Jinbe come too would sort of diminish the impact of Sanji coming back for good for me. AS MUCH as I want Jinbe to join ASAP, seriously.

Yeah Usopp and Franky both joined in one arc, but the circumstances were a little different then imo. In fact it could be argued Robin really joined then too, so we got a threefer. Again, different circumstances.

What this delay DOES do, is open up the possibility of Jinbe having a real genuine joining moment in Wano. Both Franky and Usopp were instrumental in EL (just burning down the WG flag and the Pluton blueprints alone, among others), but imo Jinbe didn't really have any HUGE moments in WCI. Don't get me wrong, all his moments were solid af for sure, but the only real kicker for me was that he got to be Helmsman for a while, which is what he should be when he joins later on. But nothing really that crazy that I remember. Holding him off for now, hopefully, Oda will be able to bring him back in Wano in a really pivotal moment to really hammer in and cement his status as the next crewmember. I've had Jinbe joining blue balls for YEARS, I can hold off until then.

Finally, Wano is (so far) absolutely the most hype arc ever for me, by far. I really believe it'll elevate OP to another level, as it seems like the culmination of so much sheer buildup and Kaidou is just...god damn. I also can kind of predict the kind of heavy/thick tone it'll have, one that's like fuck fuck fuck we're in Wano these Beast Pirates are fucking legit crazy. If Jinbe can come back in that arc in a memorable capacity, that will hype his joining even more, I'm all for waiting. Plus, I have the sinking suspicion that we'll get another crewmember in Wano, so we could have a twofer there. Jinbe, and someone else.

That's assuming the "Luffy will have 11 crewmembers" by the end theory actually holds true. Jinbe would be the 10th, and maybe an 11th.

ALSO I'm probably misremembering this but a while back, apparently Oda gave an interview in I think Taiwan in like...2013 or something at some event where he said the next two crewmembers would join back to back. That COULD be Jinbe and someone else in Wano.

But I digress, I'm not tryna turn this post into next crewmate speculation, alls i'm saying is while I'm mad salty rn my boi Jinbe's not joining right now, I'll admit that it's a better move to hold him back IF Oda can pull off some crazier shit with him in Wano. That, and, for me this arc is really about Sanji and i'm ok with Jinbe holding back to focus more a little on his return. I mean, I'm not crazy about Sanji, but I do like him, and I do like this arc a lot. I'm fine with this being his moment.

But for fuck's sake Sanji you better get your shit together fast. I'll admit I'm more of a fan of Sanji when he's closer to Mr. Prince. The sooner he becomes that again, the better off we'll all be.

MELLORINE~!!

Maybe you answered this question before, but what is "even if you die, don't die" supposed to mean?

The actual chapter turned out better than the spoilers (whatta surprise!), but it's still disappointing nonetheless. Sanji's cake amounted to nothing. The ship switch was dumb (as in, cliffhanger just for the sake of it). And the Jimbe situation, while totally understandable from the POV of the character (his moniker as a Shichibukai was 'knight', of course he won't let people dear to him die), it's still blue balling to the maximum.

Now, a little fan theory based on jackshit. Like I was saying in the spoiler thread, I wonder if Jimbe's absence until Wano will actually be important plotwise. As in, what if the SHs were to confront an enemy who's weak against fishmen? Oda wouldn't be able to properly hype him (no need to use the 'they' pronoun--we know there won't be any super strong female adversaries; look at Big Mom's treatment alone) up if the readers knew Jimbe could take him out alone. So instead, Oda could've chosen to delay Jimbe's reunion to leave some credibility to this fanthomatic supposed anti-water enemy.

Ok, this time I'm seriously pissed.

The cliffhanger was a massive troll (expected that though). We're STILL not done with the escape. Jinbe is gone with the wind again. And the cake... the bloody cake... has had absolutely no effect whatsoever. Other than to restore Mama to exactly how she was when the wedding started. Sanji's sole cooking achievement this arc is... that he can make someone fat in a matter of minutes. This is me thrilled. And also sooooooo very glad we've had this cake-centered drama occupy the center of the scene for what felt like 20 chapters. Bah.

The chapter in itself isn't bad, but I'm just too disappointed in the larger picture to enjoy it.

So, no redemption for BigMom ? It seems the cake didn't have any effect on her, it was just "better" than previous cakes and now BM is as angry as before and chasing them. Again. So yeah, if she can't find them now, she will most probably turn her anger against fishmen and Fishmen Island.

I love the chapter.. whatever it is .. Love it totally. I can feel the despair already .. and there are so many things on the line here. 8/10

Should be obvious by now, that this ain't over, and the BMP ain't sitting that one down.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Oh look, a giant Nami with braids.

Don't mind a switch. Need to add in a cheap(er) cliffhanger here and there. Stuff was omitted from us in order to make it believable. One BMP's remark about a suspicious movements earlier doesn't make it ok. I do mind that the flag was lost and it wasn't addressed in any way. Losing the flag is a pretty big deal. Or so we've been told in Davy Back Fight arc.

Fucking hate that Jinbe gets to separate again. First it was "meetcha at FI", then it was "meetcha after I ditch BM" and now it's "meetcha at Wano". Stop teasing Jinbe!!!
    There has to be a reason why Oda keeps complicating the plot, but I can't see it at the moment. Perhaps team Luffy is set to meet an obstacle that would be easier to overcome with Jinbe on board or something.

Would have prefered more involvement from SH in the escape, not gonna lie. Especially from certain someone who's had a year "dedicated to him". Making a cake is cool and all, but cake making won't make Sanji most feared by Marines. Would have also liked if there was a more immediate payoff of that cake making for Sanji. BM just ate it and it's back to business right away. No fainting, no personality change, no desire to find the person who made that perfect cake. Nope, all about Luffy's soul and new homies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Sorry, if I post this again (cause I already did in the Spoiler 901-thread), but it doesn't happen often, that such a random idea of
    mine actually became true:
    http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3878862

that post pretty much nailed down what happened (well, at least the first half. the enel-Thing was too good to happen).
    I remember seeing that and thinking... why not?

Good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Ok, this time I'm seriously pissed.

The cliffhanger was a massive troll (expected that though). We're STILL not done with the escape. Jinbe is gone with the wind again. And the cake... the bloody cake... has had absolutely no effect whatsoever. Other than to restore Mama to exactly how she was when the wedding started. Sanji's sole cooking achievement this arc is... that he can make someone fat in a matter of minutes. This is me thrilled. And also sooooooo very glad we've had this cake-centered drama occupy the center of the scene for what felt like 20 chapters. Bah.

The chapter in itself isn't bad, but I'm just too disappointed in the larger picture to enjoy it.
    Wait, the escape is over, I'm pretty sure. The last page had the vibe of farewall to Totland and Morgans' declaration sealed the deal. It's over.

The cake stalled Big Mom from her personal chase a long time ago, serving its original purpose. Otherwise how else they would escape from a flying Yonkou?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information