+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

Default Re: Chapter 901: Even If You Die, Don't Die!!!

On a lighter note, I must say that Big Mom is the most stylish pirate ever. Her Jet Ski homie is the best, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    On a lighter note, I must say that Big Mom is the most stylish pirate ever. Her Jet Ski homie is the best, lol.
    How the hell are they going to escape when Big Mom is up, happy, and healthy? Most underrated part of this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    LOL, it's not like Oven kill them all. He heated up the ocean, they flee to a cold area and return. It's not like all the entire are will be hot, and it's just a matter of time before the heated area start to cool down. Christ, ocean is massive you know.
    I know they weren't dead. But last chapter gave the impression that they couldn't operate in the area around the ship anymore.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post
    How the hell are they going to escape when Big Mom is up, happy, and healthy? Most underrated part of this chapter.
    There's a scene some chapter ago about how Capone was not stoping at Liquor Island, but going further to Puffs Island in order to leave Big Mom far away from Cacao Island and the Strawhats. I suppose that's how we know Big Mom won't at arrive in time to capture make a difference regarding this escape, at least for the Strawhats.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    is that Moscato? because he should be dead.
    ours probably his twin brother macchiato
    The removal of my entire lifespan? 'Tis but a flesh wound!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I know they weren't dead. But last chapter gave the impression that they couldn't operate in the area around the ship anymore.
    A little misleading, but I wouldn't call this a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nejad View Post
    Where is sanji? (edit: he appear at page 8)
    What means even if you die, don't die?
    It's just a saying in Japanese which basically means (definitely) Do not die!

I don't care even if you die, you better get your ass back here sort of meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Everything about that Wadatsumi thing was just too far past the willing suspension of disbelief. Suddenly Oven just conveniently stopped doing his thing for them to pull that switch, and we don't even get any hint as to that's what happened last chapter and it has to be explained like a magic trick after it's already been done. It's sloppy and unsatisfying.
    Oven was still doing it though, Wadatsumi had to go through the pain of the heat to do the switch.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; April 13th, 2018 at 01:06 AM.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    They couldn't operate because water is hot, but how long will it take a section of hot sea to cool down when surrounded by cold sea?
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    There's a scene some chapter ago about how Capone was not stoping at Liquor Island, but going further to Puffs Island in order to leave Big Mom far away from Cacao Island and the Strawhats. I suppose that's how we know Big Mom won't at arrive in time to capture make a difference regarding this escape, at least for the Strawhats.
    That is possible, quite a good point. That still leaves the question of a) what happens to the Fishmen, b) what happens to Germa, and most importantly c) if the Straw Hats escape Totto Land and head to Wano, there's no way that Big Mom just lets them go, so they're going to have the BMP on their tails.

Does that mean that we'll see both crews at Wano? Will the Straw Hats somehow find a way to make the BMP lose their tail? Not sure, personally I'd prefer the BMP get dealt with by themselves at Elbaf, and leave Wano to only the Beast Pirates. What do you think?

cringiest line ever coming from Luffy.

so everyone will just end up helping his ass all the way to Raftel, what a really fearsome ability as Mihawk once said.

im sad my favorite manga is going this direction :(

I had goosebumps throughoust most parts of the chapter, especially when Jimbei decided to stay behind. Luffy trusts him completely.

I always assumed the strongest fishmen were capable of destroying fleets and Im glad we got to see a glimpse of their power.

Im satisfied with the escape.

Hmm... Well I ain't as mad as I thought I'd be.

The switcheroo worked just fine. I actually liked the visuals to it all. Wadatsumi was very endearing. Mascotto up and at em was expected 9 milliseconds after Big Mom "killed" him. And well I really really liked the interaction between Jimbei and Luffy. I don't like what it is seemingly resulting in but I love the mad a$$ dad look Luffy is giving Jimbei and their exchange of words.

There was a lot of weight given to that scene so it really does look like we are going to have to wait just a little bit longer for Jimbei to travel around with the crew in full. At the very least we shouldn't have any major detours beyond the Reverie. There could also be a really cool pay off to Jimbei joining later with a tearful good bye between him and his old crew. I don't like the idea though, I really really don't. It's just been so long and playing the long game has its limits!

Even though whats been said seems like one of those Oda promises I wonder if this moment will be likened to Luffy's original comment about not helping Ace when the Vivre card showed his decreasing life span. I feel like there is still time for some sort of surprise ending that would allow Jimbei and the rest to get out scot free before Luffy and the gang are too far away. I mean Big Mom is still in active pursuit and the cake didn't stop her long enough for a full escape. I believe Big Mom is going to catch up, words will be exchanged and she's going to learn that Sanji made the cake. Between that, Germa and the Sun Pirates I just don't see things being done so soon.

That opening color spread in 2017 that had the crew wearing all that blue with a blue whale and blue shark led me to believe that 2017 would finally end with Jimbei's 9th Person chapter. I feel like Oda was ready to do it at the end of this arc with everything that has gone down. I hope he still does and this is just a bit of a fake out.

Oda don't make me slap no body. Get Jimbei's big apples on the Sunny and call it day!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tony View Post

so everyone will just end up helping his ass all the way to Raftel, what a really fearsome ability as Mihawk once said.

You're saying there was a time when it wasn't going this direction?

Spoiler:

It's way more realistic then him one shotting his way to Raftel.

In real life, you need a lot of help to get to the top. You can't get there yourself, otherwise the whole world will gang up on you. Gaining power is just as much about gaining allies as it is about being powerful yourself.

Luffy is defeating stronger and stronger opponents every time, what are you on about?

Luffy went into a fortress with thousands of soldiers and a Yonkou crew with only a handful of people. You want him to KO everyone and leave as the pirate king or..?

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post
    That is possible, quite a good point. That still leaves the question of a) what happens to the Fishmen, b) what happens to Germa, and most importantly c) if the Straw Hats escape Totto Land and head to Wano, there's no way that Big Mom just lets them go, so they're going to have the BMP on their tails.

Does that mean that we'll see both crews at Wano? Will the Straw Hats somehow find a way to make the BMP lose their tail? Not sure, personally I'd prefer the BMP get dealt with by themselves at Elbaf, and leave Wano to only the Beast Pirates. What do you think?
    After this chapter, with how Jimbe was left behind, I do believe Big Mom will go to Wano and we'll get some of the resolutions there.

In fact, I must say that Mr. Morj just made a video with this theory, with you want to check it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51k_...twdx0rk0h00410

Jinbei didn't join yet because Oda wants the whole crew for the actual moment when it happens, that's why they are going to wait for Jinbei to get to Wano.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

No Sanji this whole chapter? Wonder if Oda didn't show him for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Jinbei didn't join yet because Oda wants the whole crew for the actual moment when it happens, that's why they are going to wait for Jinbei to get to Wano.
    He didn't have a problem with that when Sanji joined.

Purely coincidence

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information