+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 900: Bad End Musical (Break)

Default Re: Chapter 900: Bad End Musical (Break)

Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    I'm kidding bro because your pointing out the obvious.
    =D
    Oh, lol... but given some of the posts in this thread, can you understand why I was confused?

Oh and just cause I didn't say, I like how this chapter was written and I now understand the title.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

15 chars of weevile incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Ivar View Post
    15 chars of weevile incoming
    that wouldn't make any sense

I liked the chapter, it is a nice good-bye to BigMom and her crew, showing that they are not totaly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJew View Post
    I’m waiting on pins and needles to see what Deus Ex Machina emerges that allows the Straw Hats to leave this place and start heading towards Wano and the rest of the crew.

Holy fucking Moses, what a mess.
    What about this is a mess lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    It doesn't make sense that this very Big Mom's ship was tagging the Sunny along at Dressrosa, trying to stop it... like all the time for them to reach Zou... and in this chapter it blowed the Sunny with a one-shot.
    How does that not make sense? They escaped because of Nami creating a fog...

Now they're in an infinitely much more stressful situation, no fog was created, and they got hit. Don't see the problem.

If the Fishmen can’t survive this boiling sea, what makes people think the Sunny can? Especially since it’s been proven to cause serious damage/explosions to ships.
    It's Adam Wood. Anyways, Oven's abilities are the least of their problems.

This was an interesting chapter. A lot of things happened. Or did they, actually?

There is a drawing of "Ship" destroying something earlier in the chapter and later almost the exact same drawing with (supposedly) Sunny. Now if I didnīt read about a certain person substituting herself shooting someone with a soldier in another personīs mind, I wouldnīt even dream of such an explanation.

SHs @ Sunny wouldnīt just go down by something as simple as a cannonade of some "Ship" and off-paneled like that so Iīm sceptical regarding the flag placed in water at the end.

Part of the chapter is a delirious BM, the other part is BM empire striking back. Good to see they remembered having Germa-effective bullets. Smoothie is still useless to the point Oda had to mirror in a pyrokinetic dude instead to burn up the fish and Snack attacks Judge.

Chaotic but nonetheless intriguing. This can develop in a few ways:
    (a) third party attacks BM territory, allowing the heroes to slip through,
    (b) Sanji turns Super Saiyan and beats everyone in the blink of an eye,
    (c) they are already long gone and this is just a modified memory of BM pirates obliterating "some" intruders,
    (d) BM gets actually knocked out from the cake like Sanji promised and all souls except her own return to their owners, which will turn the tide of battle.

These are my first thoughts. Now Iīm going to read the comments.

Well done,Sanji LOL.
    MVP of the arc...to the Big Mom Pirates,that is.

This chapter is absolutely amazing. Oda is a master of narrative in comics with the whole situation getting direr and direr while Big Mom performs a creepy musical so well executed. Just a blast to read.

I love that Big Mom's ship destroyed the Sunny instead of any other powerful underling. It's more symbolic to the fact that the Big Mom Pirates as a whole defeated the Strawhats, not a particular individual of her crew. Another great panel is the one where the Vinsmokes are being defeated while someone looks like the grim reaper himself.

The defeat of the Strawhats is very welcome to me and I appreciate that they could go this far in Big Mom's territory by their own merits and luck. They are still alive, of course, but the trauma is real and we leave the arc with an intimidating image of the Yonkou. Btw, I'm really curious to know what will happen with Big Mom next after coming back to her old memories of her birthday with Mother Carmel and the kids. Maybe it will be a bad ending for her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    Oh, lol... but given some of the posts in this thread, can you understand why I was confused?

Oh and just cause I didn't say, I like how this chapter was written and I now understand the title.
    Naw bro i get u.

We still have to see how Pudding will leave and Jajji's eyebrows before we leave this arc. What ever happened to Bobbin tho??
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    How does that not make sense? They escaped because of Nami creating a fog...

Now they're in an infinitely much more stressful situation, no fog was created, and they got hit. Don't see the problem.
    Does fog stops a cannonball??

I suppose Oda put Jinbe's helm skills with Sanji's cooking skills, because both could highlight in this chapter, but couldn't because musicals.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

What about this is a mess lmao
    If they were captured again by Big Mom, I do not see how it would be possible for *any* of them to survive. It would be illogical beyond belief, basically Pell 2.0. Their ship is currently depicted as a burning, wrecked heap. They can neither travel under the sea nor through the air. Nami was last seen gesticulating wildly at Brook, not whipping out her climatact for a large scale mirage and Big Mom has no base idea of what’s going on other than that cake. So, how do they avoid being captured?

It's Adam Wood. Anyways, Oven's abilities are the least of their problems.
    Adam Wood looked like it got *rocked* and never recovered.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Does fog stops a cannonball???
    What?

If they were captured again by Big Mom, I do not see how it would be possible for *any* of them to survive. It would be illogical beyond belief, basically Pell 2.0. Their ship is currently depicted as a burning, wrecked heap. They can neither travel under the sea nor through the air. Nami was last seen gesticulating wildly at Brook, not whipping out her climatact for a large scale mirage and Big Mom has no base idea of what’s going on other than that cake. So, how do they avoid being captured?
    Wait for the next chapter? Doesn't really make any sense to say it's a mess merely because you can't figure out how they'll get out of this situation. Also I don't know where you're getting the assumption that they'll be captured, as they're trying to kill them first and foremost. I mean, shit, this chapter is a pretty clear indicator of that.

I do hope Sunny got wrecked, kinda tired of the cop-outs
    But I have a hard time believing it got destroyed like that, without any kind of build-up.

Ahem im a noob but didnt a sunpirate blatently said something about a hole in the middle of a ship???

Could it be as simple as they all escaped by submarine???

i dunno, but somewhere i thought there was a random thing said about a hole in a ship...

Quote Originally Posted by mandingobeard View Post
    Ahem im a noob but didnt a sunpirate blatently said something about a hole in the middle of a ship???

Could it be as simple as they all escaped by submarine???

i dunno, but somewhere i thought there was a random thing said about a hole in a ship...
    They poked a hole in one of BM's ships, in order to sink it.

ok, as i said...im just a noob :-)

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but here's my theory about the events in this chapter:

I don't believe it was an hallucination of Big Mom, neither a mass memory tampering done by Pudding. The destruction of the ship really happened.

However, I don't think that ship was the Sunny at all. In my opinion, what really happened was that Big Mom went into a transe after eating the cake (just like it happened when she was young) and completely lost awareness of everything around her. Just like before, she could no longer distinguish friend from foe - or in that case, friend from food.

I'm pretty sure when she's in this state, homies made out of her own soul also get affected - they seem to be somewhat in sync, hence why the ship is singing along with her when they're nowhere near each other. And that is why whenever she sings "risky", the ship fires. Just like Big Mom herself, the ship must also be completely unaware of its surroundings, so it is most likely just firing randomly at whichever ships are in sight. The ship that got obliterated must have been one of Big Mom's ships, just like the one that blew up when she first sang "risky".

The only thing this theory doesn't explain is the burned Straw Hat flag, but that could easily be explained by the fact that the ship got hit by the aftershock of one of the explosions and it fell off, or it could even be a flag that was being carried by the Sun Pirates, which got burned by Oven.
    Last edited by Jules197; March 30th, 2018 at 03:26 AM.

Doesn't really make any sense to say it's a mess merely because you can't figure out how they'll get out of this situation.
    The longer this goes on and the worse the situation gets, the more likely we’re getting a Deus ex Machina or a pardon because of how good the cake was. I think both of those possible resolutions are cheap outs and would disappoint me.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

What?
    Yep, i said the same reading the chapter.
    Oda playing with the certainty for the sake of the unpredictable. Nu, nu, nu, bad writing.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information