+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Karakuri Circus Anime

Default Re: Karakuri Circus Anime

Oh, so they did skip some stuff. I wasn't sure, been a while since I read those chapters. Not sure if they'll tackle all the puppets or not. Maybe a couple more and then end the arc. In fact, I don't see this arc lasting more than three more episodes.

NNID: jervinnectar

Episode 4 was the weakest for me so far, they skipped lots of things this time around, I think even the anime-only watchers will find the pacing too fast... One single more episode to adapt this arc would have been great, then they could have included.
    Spoiler:
    -Two whole puppets enemies (the gun and the jumping one)
    -The "RUN or STAY" thingie
    -Masaru forgiving his uncle and trying to save his life
    -Narumi breaking a wall and filling the room with water, thatīs how Masaru survived
    -And a few more things, but not so important

I donīt mind they skipping "filler" arcs, but the fact that they cut things that result in the series making less sense (Masaru surviving the fire without the water) worries me a little. I still enjoyed the episode, but now even if Fujita is in charge of the changes I am not sure he can pull it off like he wants, mostly because itīs just too much content to adapt.

I still look foward to the anime and will enjoy it, but man, Fujita deserved a HxH 2011 type of anime for Karakuri.

They announced 8 seiyuus more for the series: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-02/karakuri-circus-anime-adds-8-cast-members/.138961

A
    nd after seeing a few anime-only reactions, most of them are positive, so maybe having read the manga is making me less unbiased about it.

I am an anime only follower, and the ending of the 4th episode based on sheer shock value got me more interested in the show, despite the pacing seeming incredibly fast.
    Let the beat build bitch

Glad anime only watchers are liking it. Again, I want it to be a huge hit.

I liked this episode, but part of that is due to me not remembering much of the first arc. Yeah, the pacing will vary, but I'll glad they're trying to make it cohesive. If they can continue hitting the major points, I'll be okay.

Spoiler:
    I expect Team Masaru 2.0 will join back to back, probably get an episode each (Of course, Rock Grandpa and his sons only need one episode).

I still look foward to the anime and will enjoy it, but man, Fujita deserved a HxH 2011 type of anime for Karakuri.
    Yes. Yes. And, yes. I'm still upset over the series' length but I'm working through it.

The episode was fun, but I am gonna miss the car chase and the murder tiger, those were cool things... What worries me is that next episode is gonna be the hospital with the kids already, thatīs a little too much of a cut, I hope they simply changed the order.

Wasn't sure if the Uncle somehow survived, but he's dead. Too bad, I liked how scared of Masaru he became. They squeezed in a lot, but it didn't feel bloated. I guess they'll add Vilma next episode, no reason to wait. The Midnight Circus arc will probably start in a few more episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    I guess they'll add Vilma next episode, no reason to wait. The Midnight Circus arc will probably start in a few more episodes.
    Actually, this is the next episode preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSglQeD-Eo

Thanks. Guess she's showing up later and we are about to dive in the Midnight Circus arc. At the rate, the anime may hit the last English scanlation sooner than I thought.

Well, episode 6 had the most original content so far, but I still liked it. Narumiīs character points are still clear and seeing him bonding more with the children was nice, the last scene was pretty damn cool as well. I suppose that the origin of the Midnight Circus will be covered in the next episodes. Lucilleīs flashback is one of my favorite moment, so I hope they keep it.
    Spoiler:
    In the manga Arlequino went to the shirogane mansion because Narumi destroyed that automata that captured Lucille and the other granny, in the anime I suposse he will go there because Narumi defeated the teacher/student duo.

Good episode. Everything is flowing nicely considering the abridged treatment. I'm doubting any characters other than the main three are getting decent backstories, unless, they tie into one of the three.

The 7th episode was enjoyable and has good paralels, Narumi throwing away his humanity while Shirogane becomes more human.

I remember the mangaīs creepy narrator saying something similar to that, I wonder if they are gonna add him or not, since he appeared in the first promotional image for the anime.

Good episode. Like you said, the parallel between Shirogane and Narumi is interesting and Vilma! Welcome to the party. More Vilma x Shirogane, please.

EDIT: And in overly obsessive/desperate for new scanlation news: Someone translated (no scans yet) volumes 26, 27, and 28 into English. Start the scanlation clock!
    Last edited by Nectar; November 26th, 2018 at 03:18 AM. Reason: possible scanlation news

I have some issues with this episode pacing, mostly how they arrived at china and we see them already walking with the masterīs daughter. Narumi having to explain to us what let to that instead of showing it normally felt weird to me. That said, I really liked the flashback and I am looking foward to the rest of it, perhaps we will get Lucilleīs version of the story in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    And in overly obsessive/desperate for new scanlation news: Someone translated (no scans yet) volumes 26, 27, and 28 into English. Start the scanlation clock!
    Good to hear that, I am really glad someone picked up the trasnlation.
    Last edited by DestinyDogma; December 6th, 2018 at 12:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information