+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noah's Notes

Default Re: Noah's Notes

I think the obvious setup regarding Mirai is at the last chapter whether it be chapter 12 or hopefully hundreds of chapters later, Mirai is going to do her voiceover narrating the last chapter reminding the reader she wanted to be a housewife (which typically gets stereotyped as safe, not adventurous) and she'll laugh about it and say and how her new dream is to be an archaeologist (something stereotyped as adventurous and dangerous).

TL;DR: the housewife stuff is just setup for the character arc turnaround

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Agreed, I think that is so clearly the case. People these days are too quick to jump at anything that doesn't seem totally politically correct before letting it have the chance to breathe a bit and show what it's got beneath the surface. Don't judge a book by its cover, don't judge a story by its first chapter, I'd say. I like this chapter. It's not a romcom, nor a fighting/adventure, nor a sports manga. It's something a bit different, which makes me happy to read. Also, I really love history and archaeology and most people I met back in school acted like Mirai towards this subject. So yeah, the theme of this story makes me happy and I hope it develops in an interesting and fun direction, like Dr. Stone or Neverland have. I'm hopeful with this one!
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Jaiminisbox has chapter one now. Looks interesting!

Seems like an interesting premise. Don't see myself keeping up with it much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    Jaiminisbox has chapter one now. Looks interesting!
    Wow. At some point in history, the first three panels of page 12 probably would've made me laugh.

But today it just makes me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by opbg View Post
    I think the obvious setup regarding Mirai is at the last chapter whether it be chapter 12 or hopefully hundreds of chapters later, Mirai is going to do her voiceover narrating the last chapter reminding the reader she wanted to be a housewife (which typically gets stereotyped as safe, not adventurous) and she'll laugh about it and say and how her new dream is to be an archaeologist (something stereotyped as adventurous and dangerous).

TL;DR: the housewife stuff is just setup for the character arc turnaround
    Especially since the housewife angle is tied to her being lazy and not wanting to do work and not loving kids or anything.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

The premise is interesting. I like stories that have a particular date in mind since that might mean it'll have a particular stopping point that'll be clean. Like AssClass.

I don't care for either of the characters so far. Both are fairly annoying tropes to me.

BTW- for countries that can access it, the first three chapters of Noah's Notes are now free-to-read on viz dot com:
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/noahs-notes

Anything new or interesting happen here
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I haven't found any scanlations in the meantime, so I guess not \_(ツ)_/
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Jaiminisbox has up to chapter 6. Personally I don't like the prof's over the top aggresive nature and the constant upskirt shots (even if they aren't panyt shots).
    I hate quacks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information