Default Re: Mafia 57: Keeping it Simple

I live
    16 chars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

An errant Prince and his adoptive daughter wish to duel

When Shinobu signs in, I'll be starting the game. Depending on the time of day that is, the total day time will accommodate it.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

PM received. Character limit, pls.
    Man, it is great to be back home..

let's go~

General Rules (credits to Foolio for the format.)

Spoiler:
    1. The object of the game is to achieve your win condition using your abilities, working together with allies and lynching your suspects. For the enjoyment of all, always play towards your win condition.

2. In order for a participant to be lynched, a player must type "Vote: PlayerName" or "Vote Lynch: PlayerName".

3. Players may solicit a No Lynch by writing "Vote: No Lynch". If the majority votes "No Lynch", the day ends without a lynch.

4. Contestants may rescind or adjust their vote, but may only do so by first entering "Unvote" followed by any further modifications. All voting and/or unvoting must be done in BOLD or it will not be counted.

5. Once a majority has been reached, the current count immediately validates a lynch and ends the Day Phase, whether or not the moderator is present. Un-voting or changing of votes after the fact will not alter the outcome. Talking in the thread may continue until a mod ends the day officially.

6. Personal Messaging, E-mail and any other means of communication outside of the game thread are prohibited. Discussion about the game (between active players) is restricted to the main thread. There may be exceptions depending on Roles given by the moderator.

7. A direct copy or printscreen of your role is forbidden. You may freely paraphrase (or falsify) them.

8. Deceased players may not post in the main thread at any time.

9. During the Night Phase, no player may post in the main thread.

10. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS ONCE THE GAME OFFICIALLY STARTS. BREAKING THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN A MOD-KILL.

Truthfully, Mafia requires a level of secrecy that can only be managed with full cooperation from all players. Everyone must maintain the integrity of the game to the best of their ability in order for the game to be enjoyable. People who break these rules will be punished.

Day and Night is usually just short for the more specific "Day Phase" and "Night Phase". You are always told exactly how long these phases are, and can freely ask the moderator for an update on either vote count or time remaining in a Day Phase. For this game, day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours. That time may be extended due to certain circumstances, or the players may opt to Vote: Day Extend a total of 3 times throughout the game. If a day extension reaches the majority of the vote, the day will be extended 24 hours.

Game Overview

This is an open setup than be found here

There are 9 of you here... and you're all a bunch of trees. How lovely.

But, two of you are only dressed as trees... You must be here to destroy the forest... How dastardly.

But one of you in disguise is apparently a kind-hearted individual. You're a local firefighter who is keeping an eye out for all fires in this forest. How nice of you.

Me? I'm a local developer. If this forest burns down, I can build a shopping mall here. If it doesn't, I can build a park. Therefore, the result doesn't matter to me.

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to achieve a lynch.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Not Voting (9): SUDK, SpaceCowboy, Jabberwok, Shuhan, Huschel, Shinobu Mahara, Kitsune Inferno, Wooden_Giraffe, le Crystal

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Yeesh, no investigative roles? I'm getting anxious already.

Ok, since we know that there will be no kill tonight and there's a good chance there won't be for a while, I think we might as well start lynching right away.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post

Ok, since we know that there will be no kill tonight and there's a good chance there won't be for a while, I think we might as well start lynching right away.
    How do you know this?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

nvm, I missed the open set-up link. My apologies

Yeah, without any investigators, we need to solve this using only our deductive skills. Our specialty.

Jabs, how does the fact that lynched trees can still talk post-death factor into your decision to lynch today?

Shuhan, when if ever do you think the Firefighter should reveal themselves?
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 7302 - 6515 Oops, lost my 3DS... :(

As much as lynching would be useful, it lowers the forest vote count and honestly weakens our power. Since no one will be killed tonight as laid out by the set-up, today a no lynch probably would be for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Yeah, without any investigators, we need to solve this using only our deductive skills. Our specialty.

Jabs, how does the fact that lynched trees can still talk post-death factor into your decision to lynch today?
    I think it softens the consequences of a mislynch some. For instance, lynching less active players is less of a priority because conversation and lines of inquiry will rarely be fully stifled. Obviously it's still important in achieving a majority for any vote, but we've got a bit of a buffer in terms of maintaining active discussion.

I'd hope that any Stumps that happen will be able to view things with a somewhat clearer perspective since they'll have no need to worry about looking scummy.

Shuhan, when if ever do you think the Firefighter should reveal themselves?
    It's really up to the firefighter. I personally wouldn't want them to out themselves though. Same question Huschel, also, How do you feel about the lynch/no lynch issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    As much as lynching would be useful, it lowers the forest vote count and honestly weakens our power. Since no one will be killed tonight as laid out by the set-up, today a no lynch probably would be for the best.
    When do you think the appropriate time to start lynching would be then? The odds of us lynching someone they've already primed are pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    But what will be different tomorrow? We won't get any new information. All we'd get is more time and personally I'd like to get this issue dealt with before I need to think about scattering some seeds.

I'd have to think about if a no lynch might be beneficial later on considering the voting power that you mention. But right now I don't see a reason to no lynch.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'd hope that any Stumps that happen will be able to view things with a somewhat clearer perspective since they'll have no need to worry about looking scummy.
    This brings up a question.

Galaxy, can the arsonists target stumps as well? Rather, if a stump was doused before lynch, will they also catch fire?

Because of this rule

Firefighter, Trees, Tree-stumps, and Arsonists are all vulnerable to being primed and ignited.
    I'd say yes. I don't see why a doused tree would no longer be doused after having been lynched.
    Spoiler:

But what will be different tomorrow? We won't get any new information. All we'd get is more time and personally I'd like to get this issue dealt with before I need to think about scattering some seeds.

I'd have to think about if a no lynch might be beneficial later on considering the voting power that you mention. But right now I don't see a reason to no lynch.
    Since there is no investigation and only a firefighter, the vote is our only real weapon against those dastards. I understand your skepticism, but we need to keep our numbers high. At this point so early in the game, it's hard to tell what to do. We need more people to post.

Hmmm, why would an Arsonist want to douse themselves anyway....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information