+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 896: The Last Request

Default Re: Chapter 896: The Last Request

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Just to add a bit of controversy (and hate): 1 and 2.

I was probably labeled a katafan the moment I said I considered it a draw, so why not go all the way and point out this: Katakuri was actually the last man standing!

gurl...
    So was DD since in both cases, the same thing happened, Luffy ran out of G4. Weirdly nobody considered DD the victor, just like nobody considers Katakuri the victor despite Pekomz and Brulee being there.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    After reading the chapter I am even more convinced that Pudding erased/altered Sanji's memories of her and disappeared. This way he'll have no issues with leaving without her and it is also her punishment to herself for acting the way she did.

I still don't like this as an outcome though.
    What's the point when someone would just remind him that Pudding exists? Why would her last wish be to punish herself?

Katakuri did pretty well despite having a serious self-inflicted wound.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What's the point when someone would just remind him that Pudding exists? Why would her last wish be to punish herself?
    Because Sanji is a meme and if he had a wife or fiance he can't play with other girls.

Also this isn't a romance series.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Katakuri did pretty well despite having a serious self-inflicted wound.
    So did Luffy having received the same serious wound.

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 896: The Last Request

Man, Pudding a cute. I'd be sad if this arc was the last we saw of her.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post

So did Luffy having received the same serious wound.
    Not self-inflicted though.
    Point is, if Katakuri didn't bother to fight 'fairly' then the outcome might have been different in this fight.

Luffy knows that there isn't a 'fair fight' between pirates... That's why he tag-teamed cracker with Nami.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Because Sanji is a meme and if he had a wife or fiance he can't play with other girls.

Also this isn't a romance series.
    Again, there's a very obvious flaw in regards to Pudding erasing all traces of herself from Sanji's memories.

Not self-inflicted though.
    Point is, if Katakuri didn't bother to fight 'fairly' then the outcome might have been different in this fight.

Luffy knows that there isn't a 'fair fight' between pirates... That's why he tag-teamed cracker with Nami.
    But no one is disputing that.

The problem was that Katakuri has his pride and for him to defeat someone with the help of someone else, doesn't satisfy him.

I'm the same on online games, to put it more specifically, Battlefield 4 when i was one of the top Jet pilots. I hated it when some other jet would come in trying to help me, it just made it really difficult for the other guy and I would get no satisfaction in beating another good pilot with the help of someone else because it doesn't show my skill. Sure teamwork is required to defeat the opponent and its a teamplay game, but I take pride in beating people 1v1, no interference.

That's why I understand Katakuri's emotions very well.

Luffy on the other hand is different. Luffy in Doflamingo's case, has an objective, that objective was to stop Doflamingo from killing an entire country. He doesn't give a shit if his opponent is weaker and it's unfair, he needs to take him out to save his friends.

Actually in Luffys case it was worse since he took that attack, and got additionally hit with a kick, a power mochi punch and a power gatling barrage by Katakuri right after he got hit by Mogura while Katakuri admitted that such a moment of carelessness, which it was not really, is the decisive moment in the match.

I don't think Oda would bring Katakuri back again at another arc. It would like drag a car out of fuel to the nearby post miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by $abZ View Post
    Decent chapter, time to wrap this arc up. I don't understand the Sanji and Pudding moment, did she request that he stop smoking? Or take his memory?
    All points out to be a kiss.

But no one is disputing that.

The problem was that Katakuri has his pride and for him to defeat someone with the help of someone else, doesn't satisfy him.

I'm the same on online games, to put it more specifically, Battlefield 4 when i was one of the top Jet pilots. I hated it when some other jet would come in trying to help me, it just made it really difficult for the other guy and I would get no satisfaction in beating another good pilot with the help of someone else because it doesn't show my skill. Sure teamwork is required to defeat the opponent and its a teamplay game, but I take pride in beating people 1v1, no interference.

That's why I understand Katakuri's emotions very well.

Luffy on the other hand is different. Luffy in Doflamingo's case, has an objective, that objective was to stop Doflamingo from killing an entire country. He doesn't give a shit if his opponent is weaker and it's unfair, he needs to take him out to save his friends.
    All I'm saying is that Katakuri willingly gave Luffy this victory on a silver platter.
    Whether it's stupid or understandable for Katakuri to behave like that is irrelevant, Luffy won because Katakuri was "Honorable"

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't think Oda would bring Katakuri back again at another arc. It would like drag a car out of fuel to the nearby post miles away.

All points out to be a kiss.
    Not as an antagonist, no, both his and BMs role of main antagonists will be over this arc, even if the Strawhats do not leave as allies.
    Oda wont waste a 80 chapter arc as build-up for a future confrontation, especially since this arc would have no raison d'tre

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 896: The Last Request

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Again, there's a very obvious flaw in regards to Pudding erasing all traces of herself from Sanji's memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefae View Post
    Do the SFX after Pudding takes Sanji's cigarette give us insight into what happened? The spoilers seemed to suggest that she wanted him to stop smoking but now I think we're meant to assume that she kissed him.

The SFX could possibly just the sound of pudding crying

OR

the start of her talking to Sanji and them two talking.

I think it might be the former.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

All I'm saying is that Katakuri willingly gave Luffy this victory on a silver platter.
    Whether it's stupid or understandable for Katakuri to behave like that is irrelevant, Luffy won because Katakuri was "Honorable"
    No, that's not being honorable. It has nothing to do with honour.

Katakuri doesn't want to win with the help of third parties. That would mean Luffy was too much for Katakuri to handle and it would ruin his image. It's all pride not Honour.

In order to show that he could beat Luffy back at the same level in which they were before, he decided to stab himself back to the even playing field before.

Nothing even changed, they both took the same amount of damage from the same attack.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Katakuri was only honorable because Luffy got injured by a third party. One wouldn't have happened without the other so, to me personally, that breaks even. Katakuri didn't make the fight equal, he kept it equal, unless there's something I missed that suggests the fight would've gone differently had Flampe not intervened.

In Universe, yeah, it's a boneheaded move, honor before reason. For us the readers, it ultimately didn't affect anything.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Poor Smoothie. She did LITERALLY ONE THING on camera (well, two if you count getting taller), then was never heard from again.

Seriously, the Strawhats somehow managed to shake her and her fleet sometime over the two week break and didn't even care enough to comment about it. They all look super chill this chapter.

When well Oda let Smoothie be great?! :'-(
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

It's almost like people think Katakuri stabbed himself randomly just to make himself equal to Luffy and have a fair fight because he thought he was too strong. While Luffy has no stab wound.

Theres one more option that the Straw Hats dont have to come back to defeat Big Mom though... which is some other rookies in the worst Generation had teamed up and took down Big Mom while they are still weak after Luffy's time here, which isn't that surprising considering that Morgan would probably report this to the whole world. This way Luffy wouldnt have a need to take down Big Mom again in the future.

It's almost like people think Katakuri stabbed himself randomly just to make himself equal to Luffy and have a fair fight because he thought he was too strong. While Luffy has no stab wound.
    Not sure if sarcastic or serious, so I'll just note he lost a chunk of his side to Katakuri's trident after Flampe interfered.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Katakuri was only honorable because Luffy got injured by a third party. One wouldn't have happened without the other so, to me personally, that breaks even. Katakuri didn't make the fight equal, he kept it equal, unless there's something I missed that suggests the fight would've gone differently had Flampe not intervened.

In Universe, yeah, it's a boneheaded move, honor before reason. For us the readers, it ultimately didn't affect anything.
    While they respected each other.

It was out of Katakuri's own pride to even the playing field.

While they respected each other.

It was out of Katakuri's own pride to even the playing field.
    Hence "kept it equal".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information