+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Winter Olympics

Default 2018 Winter Olympics

So I was watching the Olympics when I noticed Czech snowboarder Eva Samková. And the first thing crossing my mind was that I should probably post about her here...

Why? Well, here's a photo:
    (Or maybe you guys already know about her.)

Spoiler:

(I figured there would already be a thread about the Olympics by the way; so when I found there wasn't one I decided to go ahead and make one myself, thinking there would be enough to talk about. So, use this thread to discuss your favorite sports and athletes, your country's performance, etc. )
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Without opening that spoiler tag I'm assuming and hoping that it's her amazing facial artwork ;)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But to follow up I'm mostly waiting now to see how the Women's Bobsled goes. Jamaica entered their first women's team that I know of and Nigeria has entered their first winter Olympians period. They likely won't sniff the podium but I'm always fascinated by Winter athletes from areas that haven't seen snow since the ice age.

Default Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Yeah, that's something that always draws my attention as well! I've seen a few interviews with Ghanese skeleton racer (Skull Joke!!!) Akwasi Frimpong and he has such a positive attitude, even though he came in dead last. Very inspiring to see.
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information