+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

So I've been listening to the Crypt of the Necrodancer OST while working, and I think that's part of why I was never super drawn to the game. The music is incredibly well-executed and pleasant to listen to, and is rhythm-driven in a way that makes total sense for the game. But... it's just not that memorable or exciting to me. It doesn't get me pumped despite some high-energy metal tracks and whatnot. The most I can say is the odd track here or there stands out compared to its peers by being somewhat melodic and creative, rather than a different synth over slightly different chord changes with a slightly different rhythm.

Meanwhile that remix of Tal Tal Heights made me so damn happy lol. I'm a sucker for melody-driven music and stacked chords.

I absolutely must praise the track names for Necrodancer though. That is one fine collection of thematic puns. To list a few: Rhythmortis, Grave Throbbing, Knight to C-Sharp, Momentum Mori. That's some good shit.

Discovered Stowaway

Anyone know if Mario Maker 2 might have a more polished version of the Mario Paint music creation thing? Then your levels could have their own music instead of just sound effects (or maybe that's a Mario Maker 1 thing, I can't remember). I'd just like to have that feature, it looks way more fun as an adult who understands better how to use it.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...-zelda-project

They did a pretty bang up job on BotW so I look forward to seeing what they do on the next one
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

How did I not noticed that Monolith co-developed BotW?

Monolith had a fairly minor consulting role in BotW, from everything I've read. I'd be happy if their involvement was greater. Maybe then they can include all the world design elements that made Xenoblade great and were sorely absent from BotW.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

On the topic of BotW and its world design, I've always thought this video had great points

Getting my GF a Switch for her birthday with Nario Kart.
    Any must haves on the Switch besides the usual Zelda, Mario etc?
    (Guess I can play with that too haha)
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Quote Originally Posted by Hekti View Post
    Depending on her tastes Yoshi's Crafted World just released and there's also Smash Bros Ultimate
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Discovered Stowaway

I wonder how long I'll have to wait for a used copy of Yoshi's Crafted World at Gamestop. I have enough points for a $25 off coupon that I want to use on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekti View Post
    I guess technically the remakes of Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker with its new Switch-exclusive levels and DLC might be a few others worth grabbing.
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; April 1st, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

So Best Buy has apparently gone rogue/Walmart Canada for in addition to the Joker Smash render the other day their system has now apparently leaked Metroid Prime Trilogy, Persona 5, and A Link to the Past for the Switch.

That first one was an open secret, the second many assumed would happen eventually, but the last one is a surprise since there hasn't been even a whiff of a hint to its existence until now and it doesn't appear to be a conflation with the Link's Awakening remake since Best Buy already has that listed separately.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Just found out today that Cuphead is coming to the Switch. I am a happy man.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    So Best Buy has apparently gone rogue/Walmart Canada for in addition to the Joker Smash render the other day their system has now apparently leaked Metroid Prime Trilogy and A Link to the Past for the Switch.

That first one was an open secret, the second many assumed would happen eventually, but the last one is a surprise since there hasn't been even a whiff of a hint to its existence until now and it doesn't appear to be a conflation with the Link's Awakening remake since Best Buy already has that listed separately.
    That's really more of a slap in the face than anything because all of that is available on the Wii U Virtual Console and I'm still incredibly pissed at Nintendo for not having spent the time to actually make that a thing on the Switch before they bothered releasing the console. It was the reason I waited at least a year before getting one and only because I was under the impression they were going to bring back the VC and put GameCube games on it.

Why play Mario Kart when you can surf on lolis

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04...ed-for-android

If anyone is interested there is a closed beta for the Mario Kart Tour mobile game

Devil May Cry coming to Nintendo Switch this summer.

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/stat...15244392804353

Dante gets in smash only if Rebelion is used ONLY FOR THE FINAL SMASH.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

There is a person who decided that the electric guitar used as an axe that summons bats and ligthing wasn't as cool as a one handed claymore. I don't want that kind of short sightedness in my life.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...98921871249413

Mario Maker 2 Direct incoming on the 15th at 3pm PT or 6pm EST

So the Mario Maker 2 Direct

Spoiler:

I wasn't interested in the game originally, kind of got burned out on the previous one and failed to touch it again.

But some things mentioned here, such as the versus and co-op modes, the 100 story levels, and hell, even the voucher thing nintendo is doing... I'm pretty much in now. Looks super fun to compete by racing levels with people, and it's essentially $10 cheaper (and I get probably Pokemon for $10 cheaper as well!)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information