+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

It's fake. I just know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...tles:_Smash-Up

1.- Jump Ultimate Stars is one of the better smash clones ever
    2.- A team that worked in the worst smash yet (brawl) could not have used the software property of Nintendo to publish a playstation game.
    3.- Even if they did, it was brawl's know how, the least valuable one

So that point says nothing.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This can't be real because Goku is already going to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...tles:_Smash-Up

1.- Jump Ultimate Stars is one of the better smash clones ever
    2.- A team that worked in the worst smash yet (brawl) could not have used the software property of Nintendo to publish a playstation game.
    3.- Even if they did, it was brawl's know how, the least valuable one

So that point says nothing.
    1. Developed by Ganbarion, who supposedly aren't involved here.
    2. The employees from Game Arts already had experience working on the PS2, and it wasn't the graphics or power that made the TMNT game a bore fest.
    3. Brawl had a team Sakurai picked and guided himself. It wasn't Melee, but it was a game packed with beautiful art, music, animation, flashy effects and copious amounts of options, and for the time the battle system was quite fun.

My point is, don't get excited just because a Jump game may use some assets or developers from the actual SSB game, because Sakurai adds a lot to keeping things on track.

Smash like smartphone game from Konami:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/12...r-smartphones/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/15...d-screenshots/

Haven't found if it's a gacha game, as there is a puzzle gacha one around as well, but.. I can't see it going "just purchase your very awkward controling game and have fun!" business model from konami.

This is not nintendo, but having 3 different 50th aniversary games, then having another one that competes with the mid tier one and the high tier one? This looks more and more fake by the day.

I haven't killed it fully, because I want to dream.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This level of success for Octopath is bafling to me.

But then again, studios doing more focused developments instead of feature bloats like FFXV or KHIII
    SW-4128-8032-0729

(there are hardly any new Switch games)

I really am interested in playing Octopath, but the lighting just looks so bad. I know that's a petty complaint, but every screenshot and piece of footage I've seen has the color and lighting scheme of a rectal exam by penlight. Does that ever get better?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I'm thrilled that Octopath is selling like hotcakes, that can only mean that Square will commit to more JRPGs.

I'm loving the game so far, feels like a great, but modern thrown back to the SNES golden age. I wish there was more of an overall story, but I also really like how we are just playing characters in a world, there is no real massive end of times threat, that feels really refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

I got my copy yesterday, and boooy, I feel like going two decades back in time when I was playing the good ol FFVI. The battle mechanics are super addictive, and I also like how the game punishes you for being greedy.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

But then again, studios doing more focused developments instead of feature bloats like FFXV or KHIII
    It's a game targeting fans of golden age SNES jrpgs, and that (unlike setsuna & lost sphear) actually evokes memories of those games. Squaresoft games sold very well back then too.

Today I fell victim to consumism and got the other two Zelda data books. The blue and red ones, the green being mine already for a while. I'll report anything interesting later.

Still they shun the cdi timeline.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I really am interested in playing Octopath, but the lighting just looks so bad. I know that's a petty complaint, but every screenshot and piece of footage I've seen has the color and lighting scheme of a rectal exam by penlight. Does that ever get better?
    You can turn off the corner shadows (and adjust the brightness if you wish). See if the example below suits more your taste.

Spoiler:

Wario Ware Gold looks like a lot of fun. Full voice acting (not just Wario), 300 microgames old and new, all "forms" of microgames....I thought it was just gonna be an analog to Mario Party Top 100 but this has a lot more effort and love put into it.

le footage:
    Hidden:

Although I miss the art styles of some of the early titles (Penny arguably looks the worst here). But I'm probably gonna pick it up next week. Demo's out now for NA and EU.

I would buy it if it wasn't for 3DS.

I mean my 3DS works fine and I really love that Ashley footage, but... I just cannot continue to support 3DS when the Switch has been out over a year. The only thing I'd even consider buying for 3DS is Mother 3. In other words, nothing.

Trust me, I agree with you. The last 3DS games I bought were....Echoes and Pokemon Sun, both pre-Switch. I've just been starved for Wario Ware after missing Snapped, D.I.Y, and Game & Wario.

It's Mario Party all over again :<

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also kat & ana footage
    Spoiler:

Huh, looks like you can dub the game himself if you want to.

Last edited by King Cannon; July 19th, 2018 at 06:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information