+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: The New Nintendo Thread™

Default Re: The New Nintendo Thread™

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/1...to-the-switch/

I'm actually pretty excited for that I love Dust an Elysian Tail
    Limited Run also announced Spelunky for Switch.

After e3, between Mario tennis and Mario party (June next week/start of October) what games are coming?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    After e3, between Mario tennis and Mario party (June next week/start of October) what games are coming?
    Octopath Traveler is in July
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

So, Agust and September are the orphans/non exclusive third party dependent?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

About that Xenoblade 2 Expansion.

Spoiler:
    I thought it would mainly focus on Addam and Hikari, since the plot is about the Aegis War, stuff anyone who played the main storyline already knows, how it went and how it ended. But Lora and Jin as the Driver/Blade main protagonists changes all. My excitement has skyrocketed.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I played XC2 for over 200 hours when it launched, and then I called it done. I can't muster any curiosity to even try NG+ or any of the patches, let alone new Blades, and definitely not paying more money for a tack-on story.

I didn't even finish it. I got tired of pressing the button to advance between cutscenes.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Was it that bad? which I assume it would be given how annoying it is to see the same cutscene of Zelda warning about the Blood Moon in BOTW was and that's like a 10-15 second cutscene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I didn't even finish it. I got tired of pressing the button to advance between cutscenes.
    I mean, I get being tired of watching the cutscene, but just pressing the button to skip it?

lol Wagomu is being kind of dramatic. But the game definitely has poorly-paced areas where it's just cutscene followed by 10 feet down a corridor followed by cutscene, sometimes repeated multiple times. Sometimes with annoying Blade-juggling to satisfy arbitrary field skill checks. And I do think the story is pretty dull. As I've said before, I'll take X any day.

But that said I enjoyed the game enough to 100% it. It still has some overall fantastic environments and music and battles. I just wouldn't pick it up again.

Monolith Software, give me a Xenoblade Chronicles Remake with Xenoblade Chronicles 2's artstyle and cut areas like Bionis' Shoulder. Shulk and Fiora look SO much better

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

For me it's one of the best rpgs I've ever had the pleasure of playing Not even Xenoblade made me attached to the entire cast. So I'm looking forward to the expansion.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

What Foolio said. Cutscenes were big, long, happened often and often happened in sequence. At a certain point I just stopped wanting to do the plot anymore, and then I just stopped wanting to play.

Not the only problem I had with the game (a lot of all too linear gameplay sections, story liked telling you how you were defeated after crushing a fight, cringey characters, low incentive to explore, etc...), but cutscenes were definitely the most memorable and egregious. It's a shame, since I liked the gameplay, environs, some of the RPG systems, and spent more time than I want to admit doing the salvaging minigame, but the story killed the game's momentum and I don't feel like I missed anything by stopping.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

That Daemon X Machina gameplay got me really interested (live on the Treehouse right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Sounds like Pokemon as of late.

I'll repeat it, please no more generic enemies as playable characters, give them a hat, or a backstory, or make them all king boo or something, I accept that it is fun to see these weirdos playing around, but if they keep saying "koopa troopa" or "this goomba", over Kooper Sheldon the fifth or Joomba the blue goomba, it's just boring.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I'll repeat it, please no more generic enemies as playable characters, give them a hat, or a backstory, or make them all king boo or something, I accept that it is fun to see these weirdos playing around, but if they keep saying "koopa troopa" or "this goomba", over Kooper Sheldon the fifth or Joomba the blue goomba, it's just boring.
    http://www.dorkly.com/post/43608/bra...he-family-frog

Spoiler:

There's a sale on twitch and 3DS titles

I forgot Etrian Odyssey V existed. May as well pick it up now for a little over 20 bucks. I think that'll finally fill up my 32GB SD card that's been stuffed with RPGs. This and Monster Hunter World should hold me until Dragon Quest in September, which is just coming extremely fast.

I highly recommend Theatrhythm Curtain Call for those that don't have it. There's a demo on the eshop and it's on sale for a decent 20 bucks. I think it's better digital so that you can play it whenever while you have your more involved game as the cartridge. As someone who hasn't played more than a few hours of a FF game besides this one, it's extremely fun. If you like rhythm games it's a must have, but I assume that the nostalgia factor comes into play as well. Other franchises really need to do comprehensive rhythm games; they seem pretty cheap to make. The Dragon Quest one isn't localized, otherwise I would have bought it despite its lack of songs compared to FF. Monster Hunter Generations is a great deal for 16 and there's an Ace Attorney game at 10.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/14/inve...rop/index.html

And here we were joking about EA's stock taking hit after their E3 announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information