+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 894: 12:05 AM

Default Re: Chapter 894: 12:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    I have a revelation right now, after thinking just a little, been in forums 10 years, and this is the first place where there's so many complaints about ppl not able to understand what i said, which is clearly a storm of ideas that can perfectly joint together if the receptor knows about what i'm talking about, i came to the conclusion that the average IQ of ppl here is around the moronic grade... or that don't know remember facts like i do... or the most possible of the three, they're so lazy that want everything in a silver plate.
    It is a pity, the world really envelops all kind of people.
    Different people are prone to interpreting things they read differently, because they're well, different. Worse if a story mashes storm of ideas together, because at this point it's no longer about interpreting a story correctly, but about making delibarate effort to make some sense of it, let alone finding the right interpretation intended by author. Surely you think you're right and have your perspective, as everyone does. But it stays within you only, if you can't articulate/manifest your perspective in way that other people can understand.

I have a revelation right now, after thinking just a little, been in forums 10 years, and this is the first place where there's so many complaints about ppl not able to understand what i said, which is clearly a storm of ideas that can perfectly joint together if the receptor knows about what i'm talking about, i came to the conclusion that the average IQ of ppl here is around the moronic grade... or that don't know remember facts like i do... or the most possible of the three, they're so lazy that want everything in a silver plate.

dont worry, myself I gave up writting in this forum for the same reason as you... but I still read comment from time to time, your s are always brilliant and I agree completly with you... is not because you got some dumb reaction that no one get you, keep on the good job !

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

You have to be some insane level of narcissistic to come into a public forum that is accessible by people with hundreds of individual life experiences/perspectives, and get pissy when you can't force them to agree with your single opinion. The point of this thread/forum/whatever isn't to instruct anyone--you're looking for a thread on installing a patio light fixture on a home depot forum to get that. But on this one, you just state your opinion, and other people state theirs, and sometimes people who agree with your opinions will let you know, and some people who have competing opinions might let you know that, too; and if the two of you decide, you can go back and forth defending your opinion and considering the merits of the competing opinion.

At no point, in that process, is anyone required to agree with you; on anything. And you're not required to change your opinion by anyone either. So why are you so mad?

Also, if you explain your opinion to 20 different people, and 20 different people don't get it, what's the common denominator in those 20 scenarios? Maybe start looking there...
    "People die, when they are killed."
    --Someone who's never read One Piece
    "You only live once."
    --Someone who's never read Naruto
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    But anyhow, on this topic, vertical slashes are sexist.
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

Future Disappointment Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand One Piece. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of maritime concepts most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Luffy's simplistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Akira Toriyama literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about HISTORY. As a consequence people who like the Whole Cake Island Arc truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't recognize, for instance, the disappointment in Big Mom's existencial catchphrase "WEEEEEEEEDING CAAAAKE," which itself is a cryptic reference to the reign of Marie Antoinette and how she grew out of touch with the needs of her subjects, as Oda is doing with his readers. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Eiichiro Oda's genius unfolds itself on their pre-timeskip manga volumes. What fools... how I pity them.  And yes by the way, I DO have a Kaido tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the true fans' eyes only, for people who understand that the manga can only be good if this arc ends NOW and we get to Wano ASAP - And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    the disappointment in Big Mom's existencial catchphrase "WEEEEEEEEDING CAAAAKE," which itself is a cryptic reference to the reign of Marie Antoinette and how she grew out of touch with the needs of her subjects
    I admit that this shit made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand One Piece. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of maritime concepts most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Luffy's simplistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Akira Toriyama literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about HISTORY. As a consequence people who like the Whole Cake Island Arc truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't recognize, for instance, the disappointment in Big Mom's existencial catchphrase "WEEEEEEEEDING CAAAAKE," which itself is a cryptic reference to the reign of Marie Antoinette and how she grew out of touch with the needs of her subjects, as Oda is doing with his readers. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Eiichiro Oda's genius unfolds itself on their pre-timeskip manga volumes. What fools... how I pity them.  And yes by the way, I DO have a Kaido tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the true fans' eyes only, for people who understand that the manga can only be good if this arc ends NOW and we get to Wano ASAP - And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

That explains so much! We may need to lobby for a full semester literature course examining the philosophical beliefs that really drive Luffy. When you thought he was just asking a skeleton if he can defecate, it was really an examination of the ramifications of whether our biological need to poop is a result of a digestive system that has taken hundreds of thousands of years of evolution to develop into a cleansing juggernaut; or if the need to poop is only a psychological craving we have subconsciously because our species has dictated to itself that a person must poop, so much so that it can be done even without the requisite organs or flesh. Genius!

On a slightly more serious note, someone brought it up earlier, but it didn't get much traction: Is anybody else a little put off by how disgustingly quickly Sanji abandoned his grand cake quest? Like, the story put so much effort into setting this up to be a HUGE moment for Sanji, that would give shine to everything we know about his character and allow those character traits to save the day. Then in the blink of a chapter, Sanji just shrugged, said "Nah, you take it. Go feed it to her. Or let her die hungry somewhere. I don't really care. Nami-schwan!", and went off to save his captain using exactly NONE of all that built-up character.

I feel like Oda was so desperate to return Sanji to his dumb-ass pervert ways that he forget to fulfill his character arc for this arc. He has ZERO reason to trust Bege--everything he's seen from him has been dirty, underhanded, and back-stabby. Sanji should've quickly greeted his crew, told them his plan so they could enact it, promised them to return as soon as his work was done, then went back to the Nostra Costella to fulfill his cook's promise.

Also: So Pudding's just not gonna so much as comment on Sanji's obvious lust for Nami? Okay then...
    Last edited by Sirxxx; February 14th, 2018 at 10:16 AM.
    "You only live once."
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I feel like Oda was so desperate to return Sanji to his dumb-ass pervert ways that he forget to fulfill his character arc for this arc. He has ZERO reason to trust Bege--everything he's seen from him has been dirty, underhanded, and back-stabby. Sanji should've quickly greeted his crew, told them his plan so they could enact it, promised them to return as soon as his work was done, then went back to the Nostra Costella to fulfill his cook's promise.
    Maybe not Bege directly, but he has enough reason to trust Chiffon. It’s reasonable enough to believe that she can keep him in check.

That said, I hope Bege does try and assassinate Big Mom. It could be pretty exciting.

On a slightly more serious note, someone brought it up earlier, but it didn't get much traction: Is anybody else a little put off by how disgustingly quickly Sanji abandoned his grand cake quest? Like, the story put so much effort into setting this up to be a HUGE moment for Sanji, that would give shine to everything we know about his character and allow those character traits to save the day. Then in the blink of a chapter, Sanji just shrugged, said "Nah, you take it. Go feed it to her. Or let her die hungry somewhere. I don't really care. Nami-schwan!", and went off to save his captain using exactly NONE of all that built-up character.

Another thing that doesn't make much sense in all this is the FTP reasoning. They are completely convinced BM will pass out after eating the cake, but at the same time they feel the need to gain as much distance as possible from the SH so BM can't go back to attack them after she eats the cake?
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Another thing that doesn't make much sense in all this is the FTP reasoning. They are completely convinced BM will pass out after eating the cake, but at the same time they feel the need to gain as much distance as possible from the SH so BM can't go back to attack them after she eats the cake?
    Better safe than sorry. Just because Sanji thinks Big Mom will pass out, doesn't mean Big Mom will pass out. Bege didn't have a plan B for what might happen if the poison darts won't work, because it didn't even cross his mind that his plan might fail

Great week to have late spoilers. Atleast blackpanther comes out lol

CP0 attacked blackbeard pirates after their duel with revolutionaries. Btw, how did they found out about that fight and location of baltigo?

CP0 Stussy is here so based on this event with SHs and BM, they could attack BM pirates and take advantage of this fight they have with SHs. Not that I have big hopes for them ever since it was revealed lucci is in charge and it's the old CP9 guys.

At least Phantom Thread comes out

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Btw, how did they found out about that fight and location of baltigo?
    Aokiji obviously

CP0 Stussy is here so based on this event with SHs and BM, they could attack BM pirates and take advantage of this fight they have with SHs.
    Without Cracker and Katakuri around, they will sure have a chance to.... do something, I guess

But they need a teleportation power if they want to be there on cue

Not really, with stussy here for a while now, they could just have fleets ready next to totland. Maybe they did have a plan to do something to bm pirates because their focus on the weddding, but the fishman bomb changed their plans a bit and they are on stand by to see what SHs do.

I just don't get it how CP9 guys go from beaten by SHs in EL to fighting yonkous just like that. And Lucci is the commander of cp0...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Right?! Like, Sanji's whole thing was he was THIS sure that his cake was so delicious that it would incapacitate Big Mom. Yet he is in no way sticking around to stake his life on that claim. Can you imagine if in the battle with Lucci, Luffy had staggered back to his feet half unconscious, then threw every last ounce of his remaining strength into "Jet...GatliOOH, SHINY PENNY!"

Quote Originally Posted by imasauceygirl View Post
    Great week to have late spoilers. Atleast blackpanther comes out lol
    (Luffy new form + Black Panther) x Same Weekend = Final Weekend material! Let's just call February a wrap now.
    "You only live once."

Ok, enough everybody.
    Where is my weekly drug? Where is the snake? OMG WHERE IS MY FUKING SNAKE?

Last week was an early release you dolts.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Not really, with stussy here for a while now, they could just have fleets ready next to totland. Maybe they did have a plan to do something to bm pirates because their focus on the weddding, but the fishman bomb changed their plans a bit and they are on stand by to see what SHs do.
    Well, honestly I'd rather like to see the WG taking down an emperor than Teach so I like the idea.
    But Stussy being there doesn't really back up anything. She seems to be only doing basic information work. It's not because she's there that something's about to happen

What Sanji did here can also be seen as washing his hands from the one thing Big Mom will chase to the ends of the earth. Honestly that's anything but a favor he's done to the Firetanks. The way I see it, his job was to produce Big Mom's dream cake but not necessarily feed it to her himself - and it's done. If Bege wants to destroy the cake, or poison it, or whatever, then it's his responsibility and he'll be the one with Mom on his tail from now on. Running back to help his captain feels a lot more Mister Prince-y than making sure the cake is delivered at all costs and possibly finding himself powerless amidst the untrustworthy Firetanks & a pissed Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    What Sanji did here can also be seen as washing his hands from the one thing Big Mom will chase to the ends of the earth. Honestly that's anything but a favor he's done to the Firetanks. The way I see it, his job was to produce Big Mom's dream cake but not necessarily feed it to her himself - and it's done. If Bege wants to destroy the cake, or poison it, or whatever, then it's his responsibility and he'll be the one with Mom on his tail from now on. Running back to help his captain feels a lot more Mister Prince-y than making sure the cake is delivered at all costs and possibly finding himself powerless amidst the untrustworthy Firetanks & a pissed Mom.
    No, he specifically forbade the poisoning of the cake. And his stated mission as a cook is to FEED whomever wants to eat; his stated goal in this arc was to feed Big Mom this cake that would satisfy her craving. He states both of those things in recent chapters (too lazy to find pages). He is definitely abandoning his mission.
    "You only live once."

Future Disappointment Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Sanji knows that Bege won't do anything dirty with the cake thanks to Bege's reaction after sampling the frosting.

Otherwise, I think it's a tad too early to talk about how Sanji's role in this arc is concluding, given that none of us have any real idea what the arc's conclusion will be like.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information