+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Default Re: Chapter 891: Believing in me

Actually, there is something knew in this chapter. Luffy is learning to see the future too. Meaning this chapter isn't only about the cake again!

Personally i enjoy the cake angle. Makes sense in-story and it's certainly more fun than simply having a punch out fight. BM getting downed by her established weakness, playing into a major characters strength. What's not to love about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Personally i enjoy the cake angle. Makes sense in-story and it's certainly more fun than simply having a punch out fight. BM getting downed by her established weakness, playing into a major characters strength. What's not to love about that.
    Yeah always liked the cake.

My only issue with the cake is that I don't think there is too much of Sanji into it. We like to equal the cake to Sanji cooking, but not really. The idea of baking this cake was Pudding's, the baking itself was done mostly by her, Chiffon and the WC31. Sanji's collaboration is almost entirely just the whipping used to decorate it - which is the part that is going to knock BM off, but her food craving would be satiated without it anyways.

So either the "knocking off" part needs to be crucial for the SH to save their skins (meaning no alliance or pardon to allow them to leave TL) or something will happen to this cake and Sanji will have to bake another one by himself on the spot (yeah, I'm still holding to the possibility of him using the Charlotte family abilities for that).
    FC.0147-0584-2654

The cake is not the problem, the pacing that has resulted from it is.

I liked:
    - how the Tontatta got piracy completely wrong and instead of destroying and plundering they┤re re-building stuff
    - Stussy nonchalantly dropping the Tamate boom information; I wish Morgan was witnessing the BM scenes to report about it later, but then I remembered he couldn┤t fly
    - BM pirates trying to sabotage the duel by sniping Luffy
    - that we (finally) got some more pretty intense and quite satisfactory fighting scenes of Luffy vs Kata (in particular the face->shoulder->shoulder part was great), not just talk and commentaries from bystanders;
    - how Luffy does Goku┤s "calm like water" training but actually in the middle of a life and death fight against a seemingly superior oponent
    - monster Chopper attempting to go all out, he seems to be burned which would imply he tried to block FireBallFace
    - grand FireBallFace with BM on top of it, just majestic

I disliked:
    - another random BM kid commentator out of nowhere getting a 2-3 page intro during the climax of the three story lines, it feels out of place and given there┤s only so many pages per chapter, she steals too much space that could┤ve been given to Chopper or another significant character
    - BM pirates chilling and waiting for Kata to win instead of simply ganging up on Luffy, that sniping from trash underlings was funny but half-assed
    - Sanji, too much of a poser this chapter for my liking, doesn┤t feel like he put his life on the line to create the cake compared to Luffy and Jimbei+Nami+Brook+Chopper+Carrot who stood at death┤s doorstep all this time; the cake is apparently complete yet we haven┤t seen him do anything to create it (from the baking process), it┤s just there
    - monster Chopper lacking an actual action panel, just talk
    - that Jimbei didn┤t try some kind of 1000 water pillar gattling to destroy FireBallFace

Overall, quite enjoyable upon rereading, didn┤t enjoy it the first time as that bubblegum girl annoyed me (something like a commercial break during the climax of a movie).
    Last edited by Nubtro; January 12th, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

damn , so Luffy could learn the power to see the future under one day? Now katakuri isn't looked special anymore

Did everyone forget that Ussop activate his own CoO while pulling Kabuto? How difficult will that be for someone that already has CoO and just need to calm himself better?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBi View Post
    damn , so Luffy could learn the power to see the future under one day? Now katakuri isn't looked special anymore
    I don't think he can see ahead yet like Katakuri, all he's doing is reading Katakuri's attacks.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

After watching the last scene of Peaky Blinders season 2 yesterday where Tommy was about to get executed by 3 guys and now while reading this chapter, I wish FireBallFace was about to connect with the ship with a small panel of something landing in BM┤s mouth at the last second and there┤s an explosion cliffhanger, only to be later shown to be BM excitement bursting into soul fireworks.
    Or something like that

"I smell something nice" is a bit anticlimactic.

EDIT: Oh wait, is there something in the air in the panel where Nami is looking in front of the ship or is that a bad scan?

Is it a bird, is it a plane...?
    Last edited by Nubtro; January 12th, 2018 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The only constant at AP is that every week the pacing will always be thought to be particularly bad this week.

Then a few years later at a re-read it'll seem just fine. Ebb and tide at our little forum.
    Oh god this so much, lol.

I wonder who actually truly understands that term in this medium within this weekly format?

Pacing is the ever lasting word around here that I loath because all people do is parrot it and I know for sure half of em don't understand squat.

Thematic is the second word. Yeah I'm looking at you Count Mario! You brought that word over from the old country and suddenly everyone is a seasoned writer.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

There actually is a problem with the pacing since the tower has been destroyed.

You can't just always say OnePiece has no pacing problems, and that it's only because of the weekly format.
    For instance, Dressrossa still has the worst pacing in the history of OnePiece, and our feeling of getting crappy pacing back then wasn't because of the weekly format.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

You can't just always say OnePiece has no pacing problems, and that it's only because of the weekly format.
    For instance, Dressrossa still has the worst pacing in the history of OnePiece, and our feeling of getting crappy pacing back then wasn't because of the weekly format.
    Didn't say that in the slightest.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

It's not only directed to you. But just--- people can't always bring up the weekly format to explain why they're disappointed about the pacing

I loved this chapter. The beginning part with flambe was funny "I am gonna be the little sister king". It seems that stussy and big new morgan are gonna be reason for the SH increase in infamy. Their bounties are going to blow the fuck up. Also it seems that oda is gonna use the tamotabako box as the reason for why the straw hats are gonna fight again later. Because i have wondered what reason is there for the straw hats to have conflict with big mom after this arc. It seems when big mom gets to her sense she is gonna realize that its the straw hats for fucking up their cake.

The katakuri vs luffy fight continues to be the best fight Post-Timeskip. This chapter is very reminiscent of the zoro vs MR.1 fight where zoro trancends himself mid fight due to being put in near situation. I have never seeen luffy take such a beating in a fight other than luffy vs lucci. It seems that being put in this situation is what give luffy his future sight. The main reason why i love katakuri, not only becase of his personality but he represents what luffy will be like in the future in terms of power and strength. Seeing luffy use future sight against future opponenets is gonna be so fucking badass.

The last page was awesome. Seeing chopper take all of BM's attack was so cool, its nice to seem him shine. Also Big Mom HOLY FUCK, look at the size of prometheus he looks like the actually sun, it fucking OP how powerful Big Mom's DF is. according to jinbei's word not even seas water will be powerful enough to stop prometheus because he is that hot. To add insult to injury this is BM in her weakened state imagaine her in her health form fighting at full power.

The cake approaching in the last panel signals that this arc is finally nearing the climax, but i have a feeling that i am going to be wrong because of the germa showing up, they could be the monkey wrench that fucks everything up. It's too simple for the big mom plot to end so easily. overal 9/10 chapter.
    Last edited by ArabianPrynce; January 13th, 2018 at 01:32 AM. Reason: fix

I’ve felt like all of the chase chapters have done a good job at letting some character or another shine in their own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    My only issue with the cake is that I don't think there is too much of Sanji into it. We like to equal the cake to Sanji cooking, but not really. The idea of baking this cake was Pudding's, the baking itself was done mostly by her, Chiffon and the WC31. Sanji's collaboration is almost entirely just the whipping used to decorate it - which is the part that is going to knock BM off, but her food craving would be satiated without it anyways.

So either the "knocking off" part needs to be crucial for the SH to save their skins (meaning no alliance or pardon to allow them to leave TL) or something will happen to this cake and Sanji will have to bake another one by himself on the spot (yeah, I'm still holding to the possibility of him using the Charlotte family abilities for that).
    umm no.

tbh, it's all Sanji with his assistant chefs. He figured out the ingredients from smell alone and that icing is heaven in mouth/to die for.

So definitely Sanji's cake. No1 would have been able to complete it in such short time
    One Piece ,\/,,

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

Since Jaimini's Box's last chapter release of any series was on January 1, is it safe to assume they're on break from doing chapters at the moment?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Since Jaimini's Box's last chapter release of any series was on January 1, is it safe to assume they're on break from doing chapters at the moment?
    Their Raw provider wasen't able to deliver to them today.

Ugh, why couldn't there be more panels of Chopper? All I wanted to see in this chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

I really don’t see what the problem has been pacing wise since the tower fell. Every chapter’s moved the story pretty significantly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information