+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General Square Enix Thread II

Default Re: General Square Enix Thread II

I am confusion. Valve explain!

Valve: Well anything that isn't hats or DOTA...we can farm to someone else.

So... do you actually get to play Gordon Freeman now? Or is he just posing for that publicity photo?

Because he looks badass. Sasuke there in the same outfit does not.

What about other 3? Surely they deserve lab coat, security guard and marine skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So... do you actually get to play Gordon Freeman now? Or is he just posing for that publicity photo?

Because he looks badass. Sasuke there in the same outfit does not.
    It's just a costume for an avatar character you can create in the multiplayer.

It's a loadout, like they just added Iris and Arena.

Well by all accounts now Dissidia bomb everywhere else but Japan.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ne...8q3outline.pdf

Releasing a game too near a bigger more hyped fighting game, Monster Hunter World exploding and just not being a good follow up to past games.

The 3 vs 3 dynamic isn't a popular fighting gerne out of Japan/Arcades, story mode seems barebones.
    Last edited by Jaime; February 28th, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

Moment I found out it was 3 v 3 and no real consistent RPG system I stopped paying attention.

Like are SE and Team Ninja so cheap they can't try to fix it up more for consoles?

Did they really think a structure so rooted in arcades would work well on a console, especially when people WILL compare it to previous games?

I am really not the guy to rub salt in the wounds, but even Metal Gear Survive is selling better.

Spoiler:

Don't think it's sellign that bad.

Survive sold 85% less copies in its debut week than Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Survive sold 5% as much as MGS5 during the same period.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/met...n-steam.26107/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    It's paradoxically not that good either.....bad press leading to hurt feelings will do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

Did they really think a structure so rooted in arcades would work well on a console, especially when people WILL compare it to previous games?
    When you take into consideration Dissidia games were originally handheld games I like to think they had every reason to be confident it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    When you take into consideration Dissidia games were originally handheld games I like to think they had every reason to be confident it would work.
    The original Dissidia games were also 1 on 1 combat. So you could focus on the enemy and super customize the character.

Making it 3 on 3 makes it really awful for solo play where you're depending on either bad AI, or internet strangers, and intensely limits your character customization. All the characters got retooled to be LESS complicated and diverse than they used to be, what? (You no longer can set a huge variety of attacks to really customize, its just a little bit.) And the roster is SMALLER than previous entry and missing a whole bunch of characters? Sure it has Ramza and Sasuke, but no Gilgamesh or Tifa orYuna or Prishe ?

Same problem Gundam Versus has. What works in an arcade with the other people right beside you doesn't always translate to a home system.

Also, the original Dissidia games were like 10 years ago and had a super in depth story, item system, and customization.

Honestly if they'd just ported Dissidia 12 and upgraded the graphics I think people would have been cool with that.
    Last edited by Robby; March 2nd, 2018 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Making it 3 on 3 makes it really awful for solo play where you're depending on either bad AI, or internet strangers, and intensely limits your character customization. All the characters got retooled to be LESS complicated and diverse than they used to be, what?
    So basically they pulled a Jojo Eyes Of Heaven....ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Spoiler:

Dissidia NT receives its Chaos rep for FFXII... but it's not who you think.

Honestly, it would have been more fitting at this point that Vayne's intro pose would be him stepping on Gabranth's corpse. Poor Gabranth... Having replayed XII recently, I have a lot more respect and interest in Vayne's character (along with all the characters, especially Gabranth), that I don't mind this.

I'm glad his standard appearance can remain his... "Maybe He's Born With It" perfect haired politician self, cause I've never liked his final form. And he looks so stylish as he fights, almost like he is a King of Fighters character. I dig it.
    Last edited by Insider2000; March 13th, 2018 at 04:38 AM. Reason: I really wish NT was a better game, though.

Spoiler:

So interestingly enough, they revealed hints as to what the six DLC characters would be in a previous stream. The hints were:
    -Male character from later half of the series
    -Male character from the early half of the series
    -Female character from the later half of the series
    -Returning female character from the later half of the series

Vayne is the first one, and that fits. What kind of sucks is, if we follow Vayne, we kind of can figure out the remainder.

Hidden:

Vayne. Duh.

-Male character from early half of series
    Let's assume it won't be another IV or V character when they already have a third rep. Let's also pray that it's not VII, when they too have a third rep, but it's possible considering that it is VII we're talking about

That leave I, II, III, and VI. In terms of popularity, the only characters of I-III who hold any significance is Minwu, and while a white mage would be interesting, I think all leads point to us having a new FF6 rep.

It is either going to be Locke (who is the most popular option) or Edgar (who would have way more creative combat options than Locke). Either way, I'm hype.

-Female character from the later half of the series
    As much as I want to throw caution to the wind and say "Oh, it's obviously going to be our FF9 rep, so Freya or Beatrix", we don't have second reps for XIII, XIV, and XV. I honestly think, especially with Stormblood, this is going to be Yda. Yda is the only XIV character we've explored as much as Y'Shtola. Those of you who don't know much about Yda: Yda is essentially a 10x more badass version of Tifa. Like, Yda canonically can perform Final Heaven. And it's not even her strongest attack. She'll be fun, especially with her Stormblood costume.

Again, we get back to that 'XIII and XV need secondary reps'. Unlike XII, XIII has never had a Chaos rep, so now is probably where they will finally throw them in. It is either going to be Raines or Caius. I wouldn't be shocked by either. I'd prefer Raines, but I expect to see either one.

-Returning female character
    Let's break this down: Only remaining female characters to return are Prishe, Yuna, and Tifa. Let's be real, I would be SHOCKED if Prishe beat Tifa and Yuna to the punch. We have an FF7 remake on the plan board, and Yuna is the most popular FF female character in Japan. It's going to be one or the other. I think Yuna is more likely, though I kind of hope they change her to gunner Yuna. Especially because her being able to summon monsters would kind of be pointless... when you can summon in the game anyway. But we'll see.

FFXV is going to get a second rep. It is going to be Ardyn, and we are going to have to live with that trash bucket getting into this game instead of Vivi. But it will be okay. We'll live.

I'd be totally okay with them adding another FF7 rep if it was Red XIII. But they won't. And FF7 being FF7, I wouldn't be surprised if it got super disproportionate reps. It was the only game to (sort of) have 4 reps before, but I don't recall what shenanigans were needed to use Aeris.

Also the 3 on 3 combat sucks. The 1 on 1 in the trailers and the old games is so much better.

That returning female character is gonna be Tifa. Japan isn't gonna let those oppai go to waste.

Also, Vayne look cool, and that video from the post above is cringy as fuck.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information