+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 692

Thread: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

  1. #61

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Damn impressive showing from the straw hats. Oda's been carefully building up to a moment like this. Brook's abilities with souls and handling of the homies before Big Mom showed up and Nami's initial abuse of Zeus was enough for me to believe in their parts of this. As for the Jinbe strike, he is supposed to be strong, but I can only buy it if it's established in a later chapter that skinny Mama is much weaker.
    Remember two years ago, Jinbei held back one of akainu's punch for some time.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Will it be the best honeymoon ever again?


    Spoiler:

  3. #63
    Yohohohohoho~! SkullJoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The weird part of YouTube

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Spoiler:



    Well, now Jinbe can fit in the door.


    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.


  4. #64

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    Another tidal wave = another green room for jimbe.
    Can Jinbe even go to the Green Room with the Sunny in that state?

  5. #65

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Now that Big Mom is clearly not herself anymore, I wonder if RogersBase theory would come true about Vinsmokes vs. Homies.

    Ichiji Sparking Red vs. Prometheus
    Niji Electric Blue vs. Zeus
    Yonji Winch Green vs. Napoleon

    Anyhow, I just want to see Jinbe vs. Smoothie

  6. #66

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    So I love Brooke n all,

    But this whole Brooke MVP thing is overplayed. He did do a great thing this chapter, but I really think Nami shines through more (in this arc and chapter)


    In this chapter Nami yells at a Yonko which is just titanium woman of her to do considering her pre time skip freak outs.
    She also was the only one to actually harm Big Mom (where as Brooke never could hurt her at all)
    In fact, Nami is the only SH to harm a Yonko period.

    Arc-wise, she has had Luffy's back against a commander, controlled the homies of the forest, and stolen a yonko's pet. The list goes on.


    And even with all this said and done. I still think by the end Sanji will prove to be the MVP of the arc although he hasnt gotten a tenth of the screen time the others have

  7. #67

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    lol

    pay no mind to zeus.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    like i said in the spoiler thread, mama is fighting enemies who have advantages against her. brook is immune to lightning and his attacks are aoul based, nami can drain zeus of his power, jinbe can shower promotheus with water, etc. if it was robin instead of nami, usopp/franky instead of brook, or zoro instead of jinbe, they won't be able to do too much things against her.

    it's like luffy vs eneru/enel or mihawk who can't damage buggy during the war. eneru and mihawk certainly are not weak, they're just fighting enemies who have advantages against them, ie their natural enemy. mama's situation is the same.

    anyway, i love how oda managed to put some funny stuffs during that hectic moment. now for the long wait until the next chapter.


  9. #69

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    Nami isn't going to keep Zeus she's only going to have him temporarily, he will probably go back to Big Mom when the whole thing is over. I still hate how Oda is treating Zeus, really thought that Oda could redeem him but eh I guess not.
    Zeus doesn't need redemption. Already did good enough by me by ignoring Nami's temptation this time around. He got manipulated again, but what can ya do, that's literally Nami's thing.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Zeus doesn't need redemption. Already did good enough by me by ignoring Nami's temptation this time around. He got manipulated again, but what can ya do, that's literally Nami's thing.
    Yep Nami controlling weather came in really handy this arc .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  11. #71

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Loved the chapter. Big Mom doesn't want to kill them or sink them she even says I will leave you guys alone once the cake presents itself. She's not a cold blooded killer she's just eternally hungry. If she had the killer instinct about her there would be no story to tell.



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  12. #72

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post



    Well, now Jinbe can fit in the door.
    Oda was lurking occidental forums and saw the theory "Jinbe will die after Baedro"
    Door? no more
    Jinbe will be killed by Big Mom? Jinbe pushes her away
    Monster Trio with Lanji? Sanji after a kick of Doflamingo, Doffy destroys her leg, leaves him in pain. Jinbe after a flamed sword plus Yonko power, unscathed and returning after 0.5 seconds.
    Ship without sails? Jinbe sails!

    Fuck trolls is Oda's message.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Loved the chapter. Big Mom doesn't want to kill them or sink them she even says I will leave you guys alone once the cake presents itself. She's not a cold blooded killer she's just eternally hungry. If she had the killer instinct about her there would be no story to tell.
    I don't think you should draw conclusions on this line only
    Spoiler:



    The translation is probably not totally accurate. What I mean is that there is no way Bigmom will not want to kill them after eating the cake

  14. #74

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Oda was lurking occidental forums and saw the theory "Jinbe will die after Baedro"
    Door? no more
    Jinbe will be killed by Big Mom? Jinbe pushes her away
    Monster Trio with Lanji? Sanji after a kick of Doflamingo, Doffy destroys her leg, leaves him in pain. Jinbe after a flamed sword plus Yonko power, unscathed and returning after 0.5 seconds.
    Ship without sails? Jinbe sails!

    Fuck trolls is Oda's message.

    Were you reading some other chapter just now? In this reality, Jimbeis arms literally get slashed and he gets flown off the ship.
    In this reality Doffy didn't do anything to Sanji because he was teleported. Fatjei would probs suffer the same fate if he got wrapped up in those strings.

    Also, not to burst ya bubble, but a starving Big Mom losing her balance for a second isnt thaaat impressive. Dont get me wrong, its cool, but she is clearly unphased by Fatty's love taps. She's only got food on her mind next panel, she's not really paying attention to swatting flies

    Sanji > Jimbei

  15. #75

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveChimp View Post
    Were you reading some other chapter just now? In this reality, Jimbeis arms literally get slashed and he gets flown off the ship.
    In this reality Doffy didn't do anything to Sanji because he was teleported. Fatjei would probs suffer the same fate if he got wrapped up in those strings.

    Sanji > Jimbei
    Lmao, you know Jinbe literally sent her flying off the ship, while Sanji got punked by Doflamingo.

    It's hilarious how people still debate the most obvious things.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    I quite like this chapter, action was pretty good! Glad to see that the straw hats aren't so helpless/hopeless as we all thought them to be the moment BM got on the ship. Good to see the Jimbei is also strong, I think it is safe to assume he is the strongest fishman and therefore he shouldn't be so weak. He can't defeat BM alone but at least he can put up a good fight and cause some damage. The strawhats, as someone already mentioned are using everything to their advantage, like water against fire, soul against soul and using BM attack's against herself. Its clear that individually they aren't able to match her but at least as a team they can hold her off. I don't get it when people think that BM is weak, this is the future pirate king's crew and they might not be at their strongest now but at least they should be able to hold her off.

    Not sure if BM being hungry and skinnier than normal has an effect on her power level but that flaming witch look really looks dam cool.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveChimp View Post
    Were you reading some other chapter just now? In this reality, Jimbeis arms literally get slashed and he gets flown off the ship.
    In this reality Doffy didn't do anything to Sanji because he was teleported. Fatjei would probs suffer the same fate if he got wrapped up in those strings.

    Also, not to burst ya bubble, but a starving Big Mom losing her balance for a second isnt thaaat impressive. Dont get me wrong, its cool, but she is clearly unphased by Fatty's love taps. She's only got food on her mind next panel, she's not really paying attention to swatting flies

    Sanji > Jimbei
    I can see that you're a warrior when Sanji is on talk.

    I'll be kind, let me share my thoughts.

    Sanji -post Luffy obtaining One Piece + 10 years- > Jinbe -fighting with Ace-

    Happy now?
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    Lmao, you know Jinbe literally sent her flying off the ship, while Sanji got punked by Doflamingo.

    It's hilarious how people still debate the most obvious things.

    Anybody who doesnt know Doffy's power gets punked the first time. Sanji didnt even use a big name move against Doffy

    Jimbei: Gets slashes and thrown by Big Mom attack
    Sanji: parries Big Mom's punch (which was ko'ing Capones greatest defense) with ease and leaves unscathed carrying Luffy

    I respect the big man helmsman but he has his place after the true monsters


    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    I can see that you're a warrior when Sanji is on talk.

    I'll be kind, let me share my thoughts.

    Sanji -post Luffy obtaining One Piece + 10 years- > Jinbe -fighting with Ace-

    Happy now?
    i just respect the order of the crew m8, warrior for the true. You can say what ya will I just meant to correct your false statement on Jimbei leaving unscathed and being > Sanji
    Last edited by RadioactiveChimp; December 28th, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Also, I said this with Luffy and Katakuri before but punching someone in the stomach with no Haki (Power Mochi/Jinbe's Punch) is not the same thing as attacking someone who is Haki'd up (Kong Gun vs. Katakuri/Cognac). Attacking someone who is Haki'd up takes much more skill.

    We had a weakened, Hakiless, Big Mom attacking Jinbe who was Haki'd up, and she still came out on top. When Jinbe attacked her she was using no Haki, and wasn't even defending. Take nothing away from Jinbe though. The dude is SC level in the ocean.

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveChimp View Post
    Anybody who doesnt know Doffy's power gets punked the first time. Sanji didnt even use a big name move against Doffy
    Lmao this dude is operating out of reality. Sanji used Diable Jambe. Twice. Those are his strongest moves. Heck, those moves didn't even do anything against Judge.

  20. #80
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    Also, I said this with Luffy and Katakuri before but punching someone in the stomach with no Haki (Power Mochi/Jinbe's Punch) is not the same thing as attacking someone who is Haki'd up (Kong Gun vs. Katakuri/Cognac). Attacking someone who is Haki'd up takes much more skill.

    We had a weakened, Hakiless, Big Mom attacking Jinbe who was Haki'd up, and she still came out on top. When Jinbe attacked her she was using no Haki, and wasn't even defending. Take nothing away from Jinbe though. The dude is SC level in the ocean.



    Lmao this dude is operating out of reality. Sanji used Diable Jambe. Twice. Those are his strongest moves. Heck, those moves didn't even do anything against Judge.
    The raid suits could endure Big Mom's Heavenly Fire, though. (Minus Reiju. I blame the exposed skin). And are outright said to be flameproof.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts