+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

I've complained about the pursuit as well, but I think it only truly dragged in the sea section. It's less, 'this all sucks' and more 'vol 88 is kind of a slow one, huh?' And it reads a lot better when you don't have to wait between chapters as well. Still a few pacing/momentum issues, but it's much easier to take. And since it leaps off from what has otherwise been a stellar storyline (the wedding is probably the best action set piece we've had since Marineford) I'm in a mood to be forgiving of one slow bit as Oda closes off his subplots and sets up the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    It makes it 30 chapters if you include the beginning of the ceremony
    Okay, but why would you count the wedding along with the pursuit? May as well count all of Totland too.

It makes 890 chapters if you include the beginning of East Blue.

A lot of it hasn't been straight up chase either. You also have the battle on the coast, the cake preparations, the fight against Oven, the Sulong/Big Mom battle, and Luffy vs. Katakuri - that particular one taking up quite a bit of screentime. I think it'll flow pretty well once it's read all at once, hopefully.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    This actually made me laugh out loud Haha!

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Jeez Oda, wrap it up already!

Yuuuuuup.....

Gotta wait another 24 hours for the next chapter. Figures. I'm just moaning about it because I was off today and was so looking forward to waking up to a new Chapter and new Joy Boy episode to break it down for me. Oh well.

At least I read the Spoilers, but thats never the same. Glad to see it seems the arc is finally starting to conclude. I tell my coworkers who know about One Piece all about whats been going on and how itching I am to know more about what makes Big Mom tick.

I think once she finally gets the cake, she'll wind up with a massacre putting everyone in danger of being eaten, just like Big Mom. What do I think will stop it? Monster Chopper. I can just imagine Monster Chopper being the one to restrain Big Mom, and sedate her, and finally bringing out the one last Chapter I require of Big Mom's past. This is where Pudding's power can come into play too. Everyone will finally learn the truth, and Streusen will reveal an awful lot too (including when he, yes he, sired Perospero)
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by churlyryan View Post
    Yuuuuuup.....

Gotta wait another 24 hours for the next chapter. Figures. I'm just moaning about it because I was off today and was so looking forward to waking up to a new Chapter and new Joy Boy episode to break it down for me. Oh well.

At least I read the Spoilers, but thats never the same. Glad to see it seems the arc is finally starting to conclude. I tell my coworkers who know about One Piece all about whats been going on and how itching I am to know more about what makes Big Mom tick.

I think once she finally gets the cake, she'll wind up with a massacre putting everyone in danger of being eaten, just like Big Mom. What do I think will stop it? Monster Chopper. I can just imagine Monster Chopper being the one to restrain Big Mom, and sedate her, and finally bringing out the one last Chapter I require of Big Mom's past. This is where Pudding's power can come into play too. Everyone will finally learn the truth, and Streusen will reveal an awful lot too (including when he, yes he, sired Perospero)
    Surely Big Mom would swat Monster Point Chopper like an annoying fly. There's no chance in hell Monster Point Chopper can come even relatively close to matching the strength of a Yonkou

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Surely Big Mom would swat Monster Point Chopper like an annoying fly. There's no chance in hell Monster Point Chopper can come even relatively close to matching the strength of a Yonkou
    First of all, is there any actual point of reference that Monster Chopper wouldn't be able to handle a Yonkou for at least one minute?

Second of all, Big Mom is in a very weak state, and her mind will be in even less of a controlled state while she is eating the cake. A number of things could happen as she is enjoying her cake-eating bliss. At which point Chopper, in the form of Monster Point, will be able to resist Big Mom to do what he'll need to do.
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    *Future Big Mom approaches Kaidou in his favorite local pub*

"The scar that aches me the most is the one right here"

*Points to hoofprint firmly and permanently imprinted on her left asscheek*
    *Everyone starts bleeding profusely from their eyes*

"He never brought attention to himself; he hid behind the giant shadow called Strawhat Luffy. Do you understand what I'm saying? Please: You must recall Jack. He cannot defeat the monster called Chopper."
    *DON*

Also, taking all bets: Sticking with the WhaleHats, or switching over to Luffy v. Katakuri next chapter?

Ha, thats funny, Sirxx.

Quote Originally Posted by churlyryan View Post
    First of all, is there any actual point of reference that Monster Chopper wouldn't be able to handle a Yonkou for at least one minute?

Second of all, Big Mom is in a very weak state, and her mind will be in even less of a controlled state while she is eating the cake. A number of things could happen as she is enjoying her cake-eating bliss. At which point Chopper, in the form of Monster Point, will be able to resist Big Mom to do what he'll need to do.
    I'd love it if Monster Chopper made a heavy physical contribution to keeping Big Mom at bay. I will say though that if she was at her full health, defensively Monster Chopper probably wouldn't be able to stand a chance. Our best point of reference is Luffy using Elephant Gun to knock out Monster Chopper at Punk Hazard. Big Mom used a generic Haki punch and clashed with Gear 4 with no trouble at all so chances are if Monster Chopper was struck by Big Mom he wouldn't be able to last long.

BUT Big Mom is starving and her body is rapidly eating itself away. Her attacks might have less physical power at the moment which could give Monster Chopper enough of a chance to get something done.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Which Sunny doors did BM damage? I've zoomed in on the Sunny on the panels after she ripped off the door, and only see in-tact doors

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    *Future Big Mom approaches Kaidou in his favorite local pub*

"The scar that aches me the most is the one right here"

*Points to hoofprint firmly and permanently imprinted on her left asscheek*
    *Everyone starts bleeding profusely from their eyes*

"He never brought attention to himself; he hid behind the giant shadow called Strawhat Luffy. Do you understand what I'm saying? Please: You must recall Jack. He cannot defeat the monster called Chopper."
    *DON*

Also, taking all bets: Sticking with the WhaleHats, or switching over to Luffy v. Katakuri next chapter?
    Hahahahahaha16charshahaha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information