+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

The chap was a paramount shit storywise-ly, buuuut....!!!!

Last line, first panel <3333
    First time Oda makes me like Momma's design, she looks frightening there! Loving it.

Brook MVP as always, Jinbe's first time using Buso and Daifuku's Odawned were great points.

If Newgate went and almost destroyed Marineford... and Weak trio + one Shichibukai turn over Lin Lin... it means that Nami, Chopy, Bony and Fatty can go and destroy half Marineford??

Hope next chapter we got Katakuri!! I need it!!!
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

It seems Big Mom still has her durability, but it's possible that because of her skinny nature her she lost a bit of her durability but not to the point where she can get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    I guarantee we are gonna see Big Mom squash all the Straw Hats and allies before Sanji arrives with the cake. Just give it some time. It wouldn't make dramatic sense if that wasn't the case.
    If she couldn't manage to do it this chapter, then once more help arrives, she'll be the one getting squashed. Now Nami has zeus, and then the sun pirates, sanji + firetank, or germa will arrive.

It doesn't look like the cake is needed to save them anymore, but rather just to feed a starving woman. That one theory about the strawhats siding with big mom to save her against germa may be coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    She's at least left with burns from the zeus attack on the final page. She on the other hand did nothing to 3 of the strawhats and jimbe looks to be uninjured after blocking her named attack.
    well he definitely got cut since we can see blood, his luck was that he was pushed back more than he was cut
    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Damn impressive showing from the straw hats. Oda's been carefully building up to a moment like this. Brook's abilities with souls and handling of the homies before Big Mom showed up and Nami's initial abuse of Zeus was enough for me to believe in their parts of this. As for the Jinbe strike, he is supposed to be strong, but I can only buy it if it's established in a later chapter that skinny Mama is much weaker.
    i don't think she is weaker,but jinbe just pushed her back, i think it's acceptable for a shichibukai to do at least that much,it's not like she was damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

She got hit by the giant lightning bolt a few chapters back and it left no lingering damage.
    i suppose this time it's supposed to be more powerful judging by the state zeus is left after it..last time he just went back to the normal version, this time he is much smaller, they managed to make it discharge completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    No one noticed that BM is riding a giant fireball like if it was nothing?
    it's her homies

she is not supposed to be able to ride a cloud either,but she does.
    Why do you guys keep ignoring that she's not her fat healthy self anymore. Taking a lightning bolt 8 hours ago isn't the same as taking one now while starving. Her performance this chapter shows that she's weakened.

Overall they came out of the fight better than she did. Plus she lost Zeus so she's only going to be weaker next chapter, meanwhile the main fighters on the strawhats side are minutes from arriving.
    well we haven't really see that much from big mom to decide if she is weaker and how much she is to be honest...jinbe didn't manage to completely block the attack,and his own attack only pushed her back, also consider that the gyojin karate is supposed to bypass sturdy defenses since it acts on the water present inside the body...brook only attacked zeus and nami's attack was based on zeus's power,not his own.

she was definitely short of breath last time,but we don't know if her power has diminshed or not, and it's not like it matters since nothing really damaged her other then her own powers.

You know I was always wondering if Brook was faster than Big Mom. Brook is obviously really fast for his own level, but I was wondering if that translated to Top Tiers. I got my answer :D

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I always Big Mom's durability was a dumb plot point, especially when Kaido seems to be immortal. I get being born abnormally strong, I'm purely talking from a defensive standpoint. She could have just had really strong Haki or be naturally tough like Whitebeard. Or she just has a psychological weakness to make Bege's assassination plan still be valuable, the detail of her only being able to be physically damaged when the portrait is broken is just fluff.

Regardless, I can see the Straw Hat Pirates doing what they did this chapter regardless of if Big Mom's size is impacting her status. They've only been running away thus far and have not actually stood their ground in being forced to fight back on the fly. And when Brook was facing Big Mom in his lonesome, he still managed to hurt Prometheus (although Big Mom was likely holding back since he was a rare creature she desired).

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

If she couldn't manage to do it this chapter, then once more help arrives, she'll be the one getting squashed. Now Nami has zeus, and then the sun pirates, sanji + firetank, or germa will arrive.

It doesn't look like the cake is needed to save them anymore, but rather just to feed a starving woman. That one theory about the strawhats siding with big mom to save her against germa may be coming true.
    The Strawhats have to be in a truly dire situation for the whole cake situation to work out on a dramatic level. Unless Oda is a chump writer, he isn't going to make Mom legitimately lose credibility at this point in the story by allowing the weaker Strawhats+Jinbe to survive Big Mom's onslaught. Big Mom might look underwhelming right now, but that doesn't mean that sentiment will be maintained in the near future. With all that said, we will ultimately see who is right in the upcoming chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    It seems Big Mom still has her durability, but it's possible that because of her skinny nature her she lost a bit of her durability but not to the point where she can get injured.
    What is funny is people saying look at what brook did which was good since that he hurt Zeus .
    But then ignore it was flat out said he could not even scratch her so it was all about buying time.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Mhm, but she wasn't always fat.

Finally! I love seeing the Strawhats shine! Please Oda, give me more! I really loved this chapter. This crew is already better than the Dressrosa crew. I really hope Nami does in fact keep Zeus. That will be a nice power up for her. It was refreshing seeing Guard Point actually being useful. Jimbei is a beast. I think he bumped Sanji from the monster trio lol. Brook has to go after Promethues next

Now she's riding on Prometheus. So what is stopping from jimbe or Nami using water to knock her into the ocean at this point. We've already seen jimbe use it effectively against Prometheus twice.

Now she's riding on Prometheus. So what is stopping from jimbe or Nami using water to knock her into the ocean at this point. We've already seen jimbe use it effectively against Prometheus twice.
    What is stopping BM from doing another tidal wave and sinking the ship ?
    The SH got lucky that hours gone and she think the cake on the ship now.
    Her thinking the cake on the ship is the only thing that fully save sunny .

that prometeus can just dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    What is stopping BM from doing another tidal wave and sinking the ship ?
    The SH lucky that got hours gone and she think the cake on the ship now.
    Her thinking the cake on the ship is the only thing that fully save sunny .
    Another tidal wave = another green room for jimbe. Everything she's sent there way has failed since the chase began. And she tried destroying the ship but they stopped her.

Anyways promotheus being fire is a clear disadvantage for big mom to continue chasing. It would require PIS from the strawhats to not be able to deal with it.

Nami isn't going to keep Zeus she's only going to have him temporarily, he will probably go back to Big Mom when the whole thing is over. I still hate how Oda is treating Zeus, really thought that Oda could redeem him but eh I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    that prometeus can just dodge?
    Nami can make it rain. He isn't dodging rain.

Future Smash Hit Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

It would explain how she's more balanced with the other Yonko. Her hunger is a liability and if you're strong enough to fight her for hours you have a chance of beating her.

Spoiler:

TBH awesome chapter and Sanji is still stronger than Jimbei.

Jimbei pushes a STARVING Big Mom and she trips. Legit gets up next panel and doesnt give the hit a second thought.
    Jimbei uses his strongest haki and gets sliced/thrown into the sea

Sanji and Luffy went up against a FULL POWER Big Mom haki clad punch that left Capone incapacitated and SANJI is the one leaving without any scars. He is even CARRYING Luffy to safety because Luffy is ko

Sanji > Jimbei

IMO

Luffy > Sanji = Zoro

Nami can make it rain. He isn't dodging rain.
    rain ain't gonna put out Prometheus when a huge pillar of water directly over him still wasn't enough to extinguish him.
    also, making rain is one of big mom's powers too, so it's not like Prometheus has never faced a storm

Another tidal wave = another green room for jimbe. Everything she's sent there way has failed since the chase began. And she tried destroying the ship but they stopped her.

Anyways promotheus being fire is a clear disadvantage for big mom to continue chasing. It would require PIS from the strawhats to not be able to deal with it.
    There is a difference between trying to sink the ship and destroying in a way to look for something .
    BM is not looking to sink sunny which is much easier than what she doing now .
    Also another green room can't save them since she thought there were dead after it which allow them to get away .
    She would make sure they dead this time or at least i hope so .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information