+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

Default Re: Chapter 890: Big Mom on Top of the Ship

Its Megaman, don't worry.

Anyway, continue dreading waiting for Germa to come in and help.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Good to see the SHs being able to at least defend their ship somehow, but them being so helpless against Doffy and now showing off against an enraged yonkou was unexpected.
    I have been expecting the Straw Hats to show feats like this against Big Mom since the beginning of the arc of predicting Nami and Brook's power advantages against weather Homies. The only surprises here for me are Chopper's Guard Point (which is still fine with me) and both Luffy and Sanji not being present to help out yet. But I'm glad that Luffy's not present because I always appreciate seeing the Straw Hats still be able to take care of themselves without him being present. Big Mom is still tough enough to only get pushed back and delayed, not actually harmed. Doflamingo was just that universally strong without any blatant weaknesses. Because his strings are hax.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

By the way is this the first instance of a Shichibukai vs. a Yonko? Croc tried to attack WB but he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    They have a good match up for her homies so that help them.

They did no damage to her what so ever .
    She's at least left with burns from the zeus attack on the final page. She on the other hand did nothing to 3 of the strawhats and jimbe looks to be uninjured after blocking her named attack.

Damn impressive showing from the straw hats. Oda's been carefully building up to a moment like this. Brook's abilities with souls and handling of the homies before Big Mom showed up and Nami's initial abuse of Zeus was enough for me to believe in their parts of this. As for the Jinbe strike, he is supposed to be strong, but I can only buy it if it's established in a later chapter that skinny Mama is much weaker.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai D. Ou View Post
    By the way is this the first instance of a Shichibukai vs. a Yonko? Croc tried to attack WB but he failed.
    Mihawk also tried to attack Whitebeard, but the flying slash got blocked by Jozu. So yeah, I think this is the first time. Unless you count Blackbeard as a former Shichibukai.

Additionally, Jimbei did defend against a point blank attack from Akainu.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Depends on if you want to count Mihawk versus Shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    She's at least left with burns from the zeus attack on the final page. She on the other hand did nothing to 3 of the strawhats and jimbe looks to be uninjured after blocking her named attack.
    She got hit by the giant lightning bolt a few chapters back and it left no lingering damage.

I don't think so. Blackbeard was still basically a Shichibukai when he killed Whitebeard.

edit: I think he gave up the title right before fighting Whitebeard, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Depends on if you want to count Mihawk versus Shanks.

She got hit by the giant lightning bolt a few chapters back and it left no lingering damage.
    She's most likely much weaker now that she's thin and hungry. If that lightning bolt did even 1% damage that is still something as opposed to doing nothing back during the forest situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Mihawk also tried to attack Whitebeard, but the flying slash got blocked by Jozu. So yeah, I think this is the first time. Unless you count Blackbeard as a former Shichibukai.

Additionally, Jimbei did defend against a point blank attack from Akainu.
    Yeah but Akainu is not a Yonko. Yeah, I guess BB vs. WB was the first one we saw.

Burns don't mean anything since she took a much stronger attack from lighting early on and still keep coming .
    Just like she doing in this very chapter .
    Even Jinbei strongest attack hit her back a bit and had no damage effect what so ever .
    If you want to say Jinbei uninjured when he block her attack and we saw some blood then the same can be said for BM .

EDIT the SH hurt the homies but it's not like that is damage to her.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

No one noticed that BM is riding a giant fireball like if it was nothing?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Burns don't mean anything since she took a much stronger attack from lighting early on and still keep coming .
    Just like she doing in this very chapter .
    Even Jinbei strongest attack hit her back a bit and had no damage effect what so ever .
    If you want to say Jinbei uninjured when he block her attack and we saw some blood then the same can be said for BM .
    Why do you guys keep ignoring that she's not her fat healthy self anymore. Taking a lightning bolt 8 hours ago isn't the same as taking one now while starving. Her performance this chapter shows that she's weakened.

Overall they came out of the fight better than she did. Plus she lost Zeus so she's only going to be weaker next chapter, meanwhile the main fighters on the strawhats side are minutes from arriving.

lol at both Perospero and Daifuku's reactions in this chapter, well Jinbe pushed Big Mom off the ship not with some normal punch like some people thought but with a fishman karate ultimate technique. Despite Big Mom being skinny she still seems physically strong like always and it seems like she still has her durability, I think it was due to Big Mom's skinny nature that Jinbe's attack was able to even push Big Mom off the Sunny if she was fat I don't think it would have worked to well.

Napoleon was looking awesome in this chapter and damn can't believe Big Mom can ride on Prometheus now, also pretty cool that Prometheus can still keep going despite being hit by seawater and as for Zeus very underwhelming I'm sorry but between Napoleon, Prometheus, and Zeus Zeus already losing power and now getting captured by Nami is really pathetic.

The SHs did their best to work together and defend themselves and it was thanks to Jinbe that Big Mom got pushed off the ship, I know some people are going to whine and complain about Big Mom but if you're going to put the blame on anyone put it on Oda using plot armor for the SHs. You really thought Oda was going to let Big Mom destroy the Sunny and kill the SHs, even if you had someone else like the Germa push her off you would still get the same reaction which is again nothing but whining and complaining.

Also glad that Brook finally asked for Big Mom's panties, the SHs didn't injure or defeat Big Mom they protected themselves and thanks to Jinbe pushed her off the ship and despite all that she is still chasing after them. I find it a bit weird that despite Big Mom being in her crazed hunger state she remains somewhat conscious and can say other stuff that just cake, it's still possible that after she eats the cake she won't remember everything that happened during her food crazed rampage.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

I guarantee we are gonna see Big Mom squash all the Straw Hats and allies before Sanji arrives with the cake. Just give it some time. It wouldn't make dramatic sense if that wasn't the case.

Something tells me that Nami might get Zeus to produce a downpour next chapter Incapacitating Prometheus or at the very least weakening him.....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Would you like a Blast?
    100000000000000 Berries please.
    Blasting Destinations: Gotham city, Jaya, central perk, E. R.

Nami forcibly recruiting Zeus reminds me of when she married Luffy in Episode 3 of None Piece

Spoiler:

Why do you guys keep ignoring that she's not her fat healthy self anymore. Taking a lightning bolt 8 hours ago isn't the same as taking one now while starving. Her performance this chapter shows that she's weakened.

Overall they came out of the fight better than she did. Plus she lost Zeus so she's only going to be weaker next chapter, meanwhile the main fighters on the strawhats side are minutes from arriving.
    Why are you ignoring the fact that she get up like nothing and just keep on moving .
    It showed no sighs of slowing her down one bit.
    Also even if she lose Zeus that don't mean BM weaker it just mean she has one less weapon to work with .
    Hell the other SH getting there don't change dozens and dozens of ship still after them and them fighting a BM they can't beat .
    It's the cake that going save there ass not any other fighter .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Nami forcibly recruiting Zeus reminds me of when she married Luffy in Episode 3 of None Piece
    Will it be the best honeymoon ever again?

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

So... is Nami getting Zeus permanently as some people predicted? It's just that instead of getting it as a gift from Big Mom after ending the arc in a truce she kidnapped him lol Really great to see the Straw Hats led by Jinbe take care of themselves. But I don't know how to feel about the fact that on the other side was an Emperor who couldn't really do much to Nami, Chopper, and Brook...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information