+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

What happened to that whole scan of Mariejois burning?

So I’ve found 5 costumes outside the DLC ones, are there anymore?

After a PS update, the game installing itself and an update.... another installation for the main game? Haway man. Any idea on how long this installation takes? It's been 25 minutes thus far on that alone and I actually wanna play the game XD
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

New Jump scan!!!

Awesome! Does it say any date for the raid suit?

Just got my Platinum trophy after 60 hours. The game is definitely flawed, but it's a lot better than the rumors that claimed it was a broken lazy cashgrab around launch, it's been a great experience and you can tell it was crafted with a lot of love and care. I've written a full review going over every aspect of the game for anyone interested.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    So I’ve found 5 costumes outside the DLC ones, are there anymore?
    Can confirm, I've gotten every chest in the game and the five alt costumes (barring the DLC as well as your basic outfit) are all there are (Whole Cake, Strong World, Z, Gold and Marine outfits)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    What happened to that whole scan of Mariejois burning?
    It ties into the story towards the end, it's sort of relevant within the main plot.

Thanks Artur, I got all the chests by now so I expected it. It is impressive how the costumes stays when in Gear 4.

Fun to see you engage with the OP community, I read your review and I agree with most of your points.

What a devastatingly disappointing game. Maybe the next one will be worth the buy but this one looks like a mess. Also not a fan of them censoring content

Beat the game. One trophy away from a Platinum, which won't take long. I'll nab it tomorrow.

I'm settling at 7/10.

The main issue with gameplay is that the early hours drag on because so much is locked behind the skill tree. Towards the end, I was using almost every button while fighting.

The controls are janky and could use more polish, but traversing is super fun.

Yes, I would have loved to see more NPCs. It was probably a compromise for draw distance. I would have also liked more variety to NPC designs.

The side missions left the most be desired. I loved looking for treasure chests and the map quests.

Mini games would have been great too.

The story and music were the highlights for me. I enjoyed my time with it overall.

Anyhoo, it is late. Just some brief thoughts.

Artur, I plan to read your review tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Lmao is this legit? Pandaman looks photoshopped. xD
    It's real, I guess

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Apparently bamco thinks north america or sony na are too prude for the hot spring mission, lmao. God forbid people see women in bikinis. Thankfully it is available in the eu, hell even in the middle east.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    It ties into the story towards the end, it's sort of relevant within the main plot.
    Oh nice, good to know it's still a thing. And I saw your review, seemed like you had a really good time overall.

I own every DVD and manga volume. A huge One Piece fan, so why is it I hate this game so much? I'm just not having any fun. Ten hours in, though mostly side quests. The battling is worse than the Unlimited games that I personally loved; it's sluggish and you've got to commit to everything and there's only one attack button (and the weaker stance is useless). When I block against Kizaru, who teleports, the block breaks every time. So what's the point? I've fought him twice and both times I had to run away while taking pot-shots. This is probably the stiffest action game I've ever played; only redemptive aspect in the fighting is the pistol attack. And maybe it's because I played Spider-Man too recently, but the traversal is so simple and boring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I own every DVD and manga volume. A huge One Piece fan, so why is it I hate this game so much?
    Kind of answered your own question, even the hugest of One Piece won't be able to put up with the game's deficiencies for too long especially if you've played other similar game's that are designed somewhat better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Unlimited World Red was disappointing, but god I miss Unlimited Cruise 1/2 and Adventure. Those games were great. Way, way more enjoyable. I wish they sunk this budget into another one of those... Remember when Luffy had like thirty moves to unlock--ones that relied on multiple buttons? His air attack in this game can't even be comboed. That game's combat wasn't astounding, but god it was better than this shit.

I actually bought a European 3DS just to sink 100+ hours into the Unlimited Cruise games. Well worth it, years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I own every DVD and manga volume. A huge One Piece fan, so why is it I hate this game so much? I'm just not having any fun. Ten hours in, though mostly side quests. The battling is worse than the Unlimited games that I personally loved; it's sluggish and you've got to commit to everything and there's only one attack button (and the weaker stance is useless). When I block against Kizaru, who teleports, the block breaks every time. So what's the point? I've fought him twice and both times I had to run away while taking pot-shots. This is probably the stiffest action game I've ever played; only redemptive aspect in the fighting is the pistol attack. And maybe it's because I played Spider-Man too recently, but the traversal is so simple and boring too.
    As a fan of the Cruise games (and someone who also was disappointed by World Red) I was very pleasantly surprised by World Seeker, I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought. But I can kinda see why it wouldn't work the same way for others too, it feels that for the sake of achieving the open world a few compromises had to be taken. Personally I like the combat more since it feels more centered around options than in the Unlimited games (where you sure had more options, but many of them felt the same to me, here the difference between modes and options feels far more substantial). But again, I totally see how it's a mixed bag.

Just as an FYI though, the reason Kizaru breaks the block is because his attacks are that powerful. Block has a certain limit of damage it can take in order to balance it out (which you can upgrade and make stronger via the skill tree), if you just spam it to block his attacks you're unavoidably going to get punished. For someone as strong as Kizaru, the only way to block his attacks is to time well a perfect block to stop it, or otherwise just use a dodge, perfect or not, which is more reliable but might leave you more exposed. To put it simply the battle has you adapting your haki to Kizaru's light speed, which I kinda liked since I'd imagine it's what Luffy would do in the story as well.

Forcing Jeanne into every possible mission was pretty annoying to me.

Zoro will be a playable character in the first DLC called "Episode 1: The Void Mirror Prototype" in early Summer 2019.

oh sweet! I hope they're doing DLC for all of the crew. That would make up for not having them in game. Tho somehow I guess they'll do Law, Zoro and Sanji and leave it at that
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Ah yes, the "There, someone else then the MC, now quit your bitching" kind of DLC.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information