+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Default Re: One Piece World Seeker (PS4, Open World(?), 2018)

Got "One Piece: World Seeker - The Pirate King Edition" today!!!

Spoiler:

The gomu gomu is beautiful (maybe a bit too lucid but it can be a photo effect) but it wasn't worth the price for me.
    I've seen some more videos and I reconfirm everything I said about this game, to me is one of the biggest delusions about One Piece and this generation of games given how much they hyped it before showing it. Let's hope next time they'll project a REAL never-seen-before game, not a generic open world with a One Piece cover.

Redon, did it come with the full soundtrack or just a few tracks?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I'm probably gonna rent it for 1/6th of the price for a week and be done with it.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    Redon, did it come with the full soundtrack or just a few tracks?
    Only 30 tracks but I don't know if it's full soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    I'm still stoked for the game after reading/watching all the reviews. Some people linger on things that I know aren't going to bother me. One was people not being voiced outside of cutscenes... like townsfolk were in Breath of the Wild? No, and barely anyone made a fuss.

One video I really enjoyed was this one. The moderator of the video knew little about the series and was having fun just watching it.
    This video made me more excited for it. It’ll be a little generic, but it does look fun anyways!

Looks okay so far, but they could have done much more and adding different terrain to explore like a desert, volcano, tundra, ice land and much more. Play this game with low expectations but it was ok
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

I wonder if the guys that make the Yakuza games would pick up One Piece. It would be an interesting project for them to flex their creativity.

Oh well, one day someone who grew up reading One Piece will be in a position to make a great game. I hope I get to see it.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I wonder if the guys that make the Yakuza games would pick up One Piece. It would be an interesting project for them to flex their creativity.

Oh well, one day someone who grew up reading One Piece will be in a position to make a great game. I hope I get to see it.
    Mostly for the image of Luffy playing Blackjack, singing karoke, then chatting up a Cabaret Club hostess.

From つら‏
    Pandaman in OP: World Seeker

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Lmao is this legit? Pandaman looks photoshopped. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

For whoever bought the game, how are you liking it? Despite the bad reviews, I have been enjoying it. It's not perfect, but I do not think it is bad.
    If anyone needs a Co-op partner on One Piece Pirate Warriors, I'm willing to play! PSN- MysticSandwich

For those of you who like it, how does it compare - movement, gameplay, stuff to do, etc - to other open world games at the moment?

I like it, enjoy it more than assassins creed origins which is the last open world I played.

I can understand the criticism, but I also sort of expected it since its made by ganbarion.

8/10 for me but the one piece fanboy in me plays a factor.

5/10 and my fanboy factor gives it +2
    Last edited by Zephray; March 16th, 2019 at 09:58 PM.

So far, I would say 6/10.

No fanboy factor. I will write my full thoughts when I am done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Looks okay so far, but they could have done much more and adding different terrain to explore like a desert, volcano, tundra, ice land and much more. Play this game with low expectations but it was ok
    Basically adding in areas that are similar to Alabasta, Drum, & Punk Hazard?

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Provided that by that time they do (if they do) they've figured out how to do an open world that doesn't feel limited or boring with a storyline not rife with ass pulls or other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

thanks for the replies. I'll probably wait a bit and pick it up on the cheap.

3/10

It sucks. And it's nothing like the hype we got at the beginning. Empty world, gameplay wasn't anything great either even though it has some great ideas behind it. Only good thing was the story. Not to mention that OP thrives in its living world and characters and yet you can't see that. It sucks.

Remember this is what was first revealed

The game is code-named “Dawn” and is being developed in collaboration between Shueisha, Toei Animation, and Bandai Namco.
    It is an “unprecedented One Piece game.” (In other words, it has not been done before.)
    It is a game with an unheard of, super new feeling.
    The original author, Eiichiro Oda, is cooperating on development.
    Planning and conception is taking quite some time.
    It’s an enormous game. The setting and music from the anime are being poured into the game.

Got "One Piece: World Seeker - Official Guidebook" today!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information