+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 884: Who

Default Re: Chapter 884: Who

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Luffy desperately needs a way to fight without being a ticking time bomb, what stops katakuri from going on the defensive and just waiting it out if he finds out how g4 works.
    The fight will last another 9 hours, Luffy won’t be in G4 for obvious reasons.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

Discovered Stowaway DarkHamster's Avatar

meh. this chapter literally nothing changed....we just got small bits of info. omg why oda stop dragging out luffy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf21 View Post
    The thing is, Oda seems to want us to believe that Katakuri's only been doing so well thanks to his CoO when he's previously spent chapters showing us that he in fact outclasses Luffy in speed, power and technique. Now most people seem to think gear 4th makes Luffy a God (he clearly seems to think it himself), and that i don't buy, not after the struggle against Doflamingo or the lackluster performance against Cracker. Luffy shouldn't be able to win, and if the best Oda can think of is this, well I'll have to accept it and move on, but don't tell me it's creative or an interesting turn of events.
    This is not fully true he did out class luffy yes but it was thanks to his CoO along with everything else.
    His CoO is a big part of his fighting style plus it was Gear 2 and 3 luffy so the fight was in the early stages .
    Also luffy did not struggle against Don he was kicking his ass until he run out of time .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Also this chapter shows again what level BM is compare to every one else .
    Katakuri even with his better haki was sent flying with that attack and BM saw it as nothing .
    I hate the shonen trope where the big bad is leagues ahead of the subordinates. Recently saw it with Doflamingo and now Big Mom. To a lesser extent Jack as well, nobody he brought with him was worth any time(Or Oda didn't want to introduce too many characters) I know it's just to make the villian more threatening by comparison but it really gets old

I wonder where the cover story is going? Ideo unites the 2 races and as thanks from the kings the fleet gets enough members to hit 56,000?

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I hate the shonen trope where the big bad is leagues ahead of the subordinates. Recently saw it with Doflamingo and now Big Mom. To a lesser extent Jack as well, nobody he brought with him was worth any time(Or Oda didn't want to introduce too many characters) I know it's just to make the villian more threatening by comparison but it really gets old
    That has been normal for OP since the beginning truth be told .
    Kuro was ahead of his whole crew , same for Arlong , Croc , Enel etc etc etc .
    Even on the marine side the admirals way above most people but a few .
    The same for the good guys \ friend side also with Boa , WB , Law etc etc
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Praline

Another great chapter. So glad to see that Luffy isn't overpowering Katakuri. Seems this will be an even fight.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHamster View Post
    meh. this chapter literally nothing changed....we just got small bits of info. omg why oda stop dragging out luffy fights.
    The entire tide of the battle changed. That's certainly something. Plus the whole thing with Oven is definitely going to be a big setup for whatever happens next on Cacao Island.

Katakuri is not really an opponent you can have a fast battle against. He's going to give Luffy all he can handle. The Cracker fight ended up being way too fast so I'm glad Oda's devoting the time to displaying Katakuri's weakness and how both he and Luffy handle it.

Spoiler:

Things I really loved about this chapter:

1) CoO being utilized in such an advanced way by such a top tier character. CoA always appeared to have more purpose and utility but its great to know that fighters who specialize in this type can be number one among their piers or in their organization.

2) We get a perfect example of what Akainu must have done even when he was struck back at Marineford.

3) We already knew this(or I know I did since Boa) but its great to see without a doubt a product of a devil fruit not physically connected to its user being imbued and maintaining armament Haki.

4) Sanji so confidently telling Pudding that Kata is about to suffer his first loss.

5) Seeing the cooking with all the giant kitchen ware and utensils.

6) Having another example beyond Pudding, that even in a super diverse nation, people are still hung up on their natural appearances. I know people are still upset by Pudding having insecurities about herself and just going head over heels when Sanji gave her a compliment because its so fake(it's not! Ya'll aint never been in love! especially not phony teenage love, which ironically I'm told is the most honest love there is). No matter what ideals or stupid utopia people strive for in Totland or the real world there will always be insecurities regarding ones own looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Chapters like these are fucking horrible to read week to week,
    lol eFing horrible.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHamster View Post
    I swear some people are reading something different...

Another great chapter.

Can someone explain the title for me? Why is it called "Who?"

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

So katakuri WAS dodging attacks by using Observation Haki. That's neat. I would have preferred the gag of Katakuri's face being built up earlier than the last chapter if it's going to be the key to Luffy winning or stalemating the fight by disturbing Katakuri's focus, but I'm fine with the chapter otherwise. It was pretty cool to see Praline sing too even though I was initially underwhelmed by the Fishman Pirates still sticking around just because. The fight's gotten more interesting to look at now that Katakuri has quit copying Luffy's attacks. That part of the fight felt a bit eh to me since Luffy didn't transform into Gear Fourth yet. Gear Fourth being effective against Katakuri while the latter is still solidly holding his own ground is a great balance of respect towards the two characters. And it helps credit Cracker on how his fight with Luffy lasted as long as it did due to the specific advantages of his Devil Fruit in comparison to Luffy's.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Last ray of hope... Pudding keep being called that or am I mistaken? And it seems she is already comfortable enough to call Sanji affectionately without having to pretend to hate him right after.
    Wasn't the chapter where Pudding was revealed as a traitor called "Ray of Hope"? How ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Katakuri reminded me of Bayonetta.
    http://i.giphy.com/ln24jw3tVBygg.gif
    I thought of the exact same thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Did Katakuri's back touch the floor? Now I'm more sure that Morgans will defnitely cover up what happened on Whole Cake Island and no one will know that Luffy beat Katakuri.
    Nope. He literally smashed his head into the ground to bounce himself upright again before his back could touch the ground. The perfect blind of silliness and looking badass lol.

I would expect a Yonkou to have someone with a healing Devil Fruit or Doctors who are good enough to revive important characters when they are urgently needed. or have some smelling salts lying around somewhere.
    The only healing Devil Fruits we have seen in the series are Mansherry and Law's, the latter needing extensive surgical knowledge. So I don't think it's weird for Devil Fruit healers to not be common. And there's no point in having characters get knocked out if a random item like smelling salts is going to get them right back up again.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Think it was "Ray of Light". Regardless, the irony's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf21 View Post
    Am i the only one hoping that for once the crew's blind fate in Luffy will get dashed ? Now that i've read this chapter, i'm confident that no matter how Oda spins it, i won't enjoy a Luffy win against Katakuri. The story calls for his defeat at this point, otherwise just hand him the crown already if his every opponent will end up defeated by an asspull.
    Bah, i was hoping for better in spite of all the indications to the contrary.
    you sound silly. the plot calls for luffy to struggle so he can overcome the struggle. the plot is showing us that this opponent is a next level individual who luffy has to overcome. his crew has faith in their captain; this is only shown as the plot is showing forshadowing. the story is following the next pirate king, not some random mook. We expect luffy to develop and we're seeing how he's doing it. if the story is for luffy to lose then the story will go in that direction like it did in shaboady, impel down and marineford. the problem you're having is that you know katakuri's bounty and that he's basically a right hand to a yonkou, you know his strength, but you are doubting the strength of the main character of the story. he's struggling now, he will continue to struggle until he becomes pirate king, struggling doesnt mean it will be a loss, it this instance, it means a goal to overcome.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Luffy should be able to go to the next level of haki in this fight. We laready know he's good at Haki, so I can easily accept that he might level up during this fight. This way Luffy can at least take out a Calamity single-handedly in the future and land significant damaging blows to Kaidou.

If the cake is such a priority. Why isn't Streussen cooking it again?

The Sun Pirates finally paid off, so that's one plot thread over and done with. I'm expecting the Lion-turtle guy to also play a role in the arc before it ends.

Did Katakuri's back touch the floor? Now I'm more sure that Morgans will defnitely cover up what happened on Whole Cake Island and no one will know that Luffy beat Katakuri.
    the last we heard, he fell and hit his head after turning the chateau into a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Another great chapter.

Can someone explain the title for me? Why is it called "Who?"
    Probably the mystery of "who" stole all the security sea slugs from under their noses? I guess they'll never know!

Also has me suspecting that the Big Mom Pirates will be very busy with other entities challenging them after the Straw Hats escape. If news gets out other Pirates and even the Marines might be more confident about attacking their territory. If the Straw Hats could, why can't we? And no sea slugs for early warnings!

Check out my channel!!
    "Yeah I'm Awesome like that!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    This is not fully true he did out class luffy yes but it was thanks to his CoO along with everything else.
    His CoO is a big part of his fighting style plus it was Gear 2 and 3 luffy so the fight was in the early stages .
    Also luffy did not struggle against Don he was kicking his ass until he run out of time .
    We know CoO is useless without speed to match it, Katakuri's Haki allowed him to toy with Luffy, but losing it shouldn't mean getting slapped through walls. But still i can accept that as it was a momentary laps, i won't accept it as a means for Luffy to win the fight.

Luffy in Gear 4 didn't stomp Doflamingo, Luffy was faster and stronger yes, but it still was an extended fight, wich was off panneled maybe that's why people get that impression. At any rate, there was too much bs going on in that fight (what with the not quite but almost undestructible threads an Admiral can't cut but i can blow by expanding and punching through), there's no real value to it for either side of this argument.

We have no baseline to say how strong and fast the Gear makes him, which is a rather convenient if cheap way for Oda to pull power ups that shouldn't be possible.

Pandaman... you ruin my eye...

It's weird when you think that Luffy is already fighting enemies that require him to use every ounce of strength he acquired in the timeskip and some more, but Zoro still didn't got any enemy that seemed to require some effort of him (sry, pica).

Quote Originally Posted by Sads View Post
    Probably the mystery of "who" stole all the security sea slugs from under their noses? I guess they'll never know!

Also has me suspecting that the Big Mom Pirates will be very busy with other entities challenging them after the Straw Hats escape. If news gets out other Pirates and even the Marines might be more confident about attacking their territory. If the Straw Hats could, why can't we? And no sea slugs for early warnings!
    It's not like Praline is going to sing forever. Once the SH leave Totto Land, the Sun Pirates will leave as well and it is very unlikely that anyone would find out about the breach in security and invade Totto Land in less time than it takes to go from Whole Cake Island to Cacao Island.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Well, it's the difference in strength between antagonist's leader and sidekicks discussed before. Zoro and Luffy were always fairly close in strength, that's why Zoro has always been made unable to fight to his fullest against arc enemies* (or one time basically took the show for himself in WP where Luffy was more of an obstacle than the hero) until Alabasta, when they both met "indestructible" opponents and Zoro found his match. Then in Skypiea Luffy was Enel's natural enemy so Zoro could lose without there being much of a difference between them.
    * - obviously not counting Mihawak
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Let's see where this is heading. After this chapter, Katakuri's advantage is shrinking but is still large

1) devil fruit powers: awakening gives Katakuri so many ways to use his mochi powers that Luffy cannot match

2) Haki:
    a) armament: in G4, Luffy can break Katakuri's CoA, but he needs to land a hit
    b) observation: Katakuri's mastering of CoO is at a whole different level. Luffy will have a very difficult time hitting him, unless he loses focus
    c) conqueror: ???

Now there are three things that may happen:
    - Luffy awakens his devil fruit.
    Frankly I'm not looking forward to this development: sure it's going to happen sooner or later, but it doesn't look like awakening can give the sort of boost Luffy needs to beat his opponent

- Luffy's CoO becomes at least as good as Katakuri's.
    This is even worse. No way he can match Katakuri at his specialty mid-fight: not even Bigmom has the ability to see the future!

- Luffy will win through an unexpected development of his CoC.
    This is something I'd want to see! Right now, conqueror's haki has only been used to dispose of fodder, but it is implied it goes much farther than that.
    Being an ability that cannot be achieved through experience or training (or even by eating a magical fruit...), it is rare and expected to exceed anything else we've seen so far.
    Can Luffy beat Katakuri's specialty (CoO) by means of his own specialty (CoC)? I'm sure he can!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Things I really loved about this chapter:

2) We get a perfect example of what Akainu must have done even when he was struck back at Marineford.
    Wow, I had not thought about that! You're right!

It also serves to show that admirals, and Yonkous maybe more stronger than what we or I imagined, because what Katakuri is doing probably is something that Akainu, Kizaru, and Aokiji are able of doing.

Well, we also have yet to see what they did to stop a Whitebeard's attack:http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_use_Haki.png

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information