- Killing Bites
    - Gakuen Babysitters
    - Gin no Guardian Season 2
    - Itou Junji Collection
    - Kaijuu Girls〜Ultra Kaijuu Gijin Keikaku〜 Season 2
    - Pop Team Epic
    - Pochitto Hatsumei Pikachin Kit

Default Re: Animation Winter 2018

Woah I thought the Pop team epic anime was a joke is it actually happening for real?

Discovered Stowaway BananaBoatJim's Avatar

Just Seven Deadly Sins and Overlord Season 2 for me right now.
    I'll look more later as the season approaches.

Houshin Engi ? Nani?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Houshin Engi ? Nani?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post3807724

I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

Okay...And what was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Okay...And what was that?
    16 chars of Houshin Engi.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

It's been a while since I've read Houshin Engi. Like an I don't know how long, maybe it was in middle school to early high school while. I couldn't even tell you how actually good it was. I'm kind of excited for this, though. Those backgrounds look really dope, and if the OSTis like what they show off in that trailer, it'll be interesting. The coloring on the characters isn't really awe-inspiring, but part of that is on the original designs, so I can't fault it. I'm definitely gonna check it out, though, since I do want to consume it again in some way.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Yes! Gakuen Babysitters! Great slice-of-life manga. High expectations for this one.

NNID: jervinnectar

After looking it up, the only things I'll probably check out are houshin engi and violet evergarden
    Nothing else really jumps out or interests me

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Watched a couple of shows.

I don't know how the first one of the Junji Ito stories is supposed to scare us. My brother and I were laughing our asses off at this pathetic dude and his futile hilarious shenanigans. The second story was short but legit horror though. Would never drop an Itou show anyway.

I missed the 'your name' reference in Pop Team Epic. Another keeper this season.

Devilman Crybaby started a little strange and I'd prefer a more oldschool approach artwise, but Devilman is Devilman.

And we have so many 'Cute Girls Doing Cute Things'-shows already I think I drop everything with schools and stay for the Antarctic trip and Laid-Back Camp.

Looking forward to Gintama, Basilisk, Overlord II, Hakumei to Mikochi, Houshin Engi and Killing Bites.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Pop Team Epic is kind of interesting but I doubt I'll be watching too much of it. It's just funny seeing how they chose to adapt it into an animation. Otherwise I'm just going to be watching CCS. Kind of interested in the Junji Ito one too but I'd probably prefer to just read the manga versions of the stories.

Too much things going on in Overlord, too much information, is my brain getting old or is it actually hard to understand ?

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Too much things going on in Overlord, too much information, is my brain getting old or is it actually hard to understand ?
    Is it about those Lizardmen?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

Ep1 was weird introducing some characters that havent started being relevant even in the LNs.

Anyone else following 3-gatsu no Lion?

It's incredible how a show that started with a lighthearted and somewhat melancholic tone is now tackling heavy emotional topics while doing a splendid job at portraying them. The show's slowly but surely turning into one of the best I've seen to date.
    I still don't know how to play shogi, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Anyone else following 3-gatsu no Lion?

It's incredible how a show that started with a lighthearted and somewhat melancholic tone is now tackling heavy emotional topics while doing a splendid job at portraying them. The show's slowly but surely turning into one of the best I've seen to date.
    I still don't know how to play shogi, though.
    Well its certainly one of my favorite Slice of Life shows and I think especially the colours and cinematography from Shaft is giving this Anime some spicy undertone.
    I watched a little bit of season 2 but right now I just wait for the full season, not to mentioned that I am bored with the Anime/Manga medium so it could take a awhile for me to pick up this Anime.

I tried watching the beginning of the show since people kept saying it was a good exploration of depression and stuff, but I got super turned off by the first few episodes with how whacky everyone around the main character was. Does that ever mellow out or is the side cast always that amped up?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I watched Devilman Crybaby and it was one of the best things I've seen in a while. The themes really stuck to me. I have to say that it really does contain some very heavy and downright repulsive content. It's not something to recommend if you can't stand very excessive gore and sexual content, but it's also emotionally very very heavy by the end.

For other stuff, I'm giving Cardcaptor Sakura and Violet Evergarden a try for now.

Sakura started up again as if it never ended - it has probably the most smooth transition into the current day out of all the recent remakes.

Violet Evergarden is extremely gorgeous. We saw it starting with it's first trailers. I'm not a fan of Kyoani sad girl stuff, but Violet could at least potentially be a much complex character than most Kyoani stories have, but despite her dark backstory, she still has that moe girl element to her character and I've never liked that stuff. Characters like that are usually simple to the point of being caricatures, but as said, right now at least she feels more understandable/complex than most Kyoani characters. You get why she is the way she is, when with other Kyoani stuff they just tend to have certain moe traits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information