+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    Since Luffy is Rubber.. Can't he become very tiny and use a piece of mirror in his mouth to join his crew then crash it?
    Luffy is more like a rubberband man than a man of rubber.

That is Mr. Fantastic's quirk.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I love how they got out of that situation with the wave.

But this just makes the Fishmen Pirates the new Tamatebox of the arc lol. We all know they're coming....just a matter of when.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Luffy is more like a rubberband man than a man of rubber.

That is Mr. Fantastic's quirk.
    That's when he goes PLUS ULRA.

AWAKENING :P (Btw, Glad i'm not the only one reading Hero Academia)

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    She's had a rough day lmao
    Lol, that's an understatement. She has been put through a test of fire in this arc.

"Fishman children love to play in that room "

Is the most badass line Jinbe ever said.

Does anyone know how many breaks Oda has had so far this year?

Someone in spoilers suspected a Rumble Ball was given by Chopper, I assume for Awakening. Doesn't explain why he'd need to do 10x stranger things eating it than Chopper does, though.
    As far as the idea of muting himself, and then saying right after to Katakuri he's not gonna die there to prove it wasn't because he thought he was going to die, it doesn't make sense to me. As if the concept of him in a fight was anything new to his crew.
    99% sure it has some sort of real significance that we'll have to wait on to see.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

everyone keeps saying luffy will awakened his fruit but how will that help him exactly? i still can't grasp the idea of turning his surroundings into rubber will help him defeat katakuri. anyone have a possible scenario?

Extra bounciness to Bounce man? I suppose this could enhace its speed, but I can't see how it would be needed now (Gear 4th is still fast and strong enough. Maybe not against Kaido).

Btw, why de we call it Bounce man when it is clearly Bound man in the original? I always felt like there was an explanation everyone was aware of but I missed.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    everyone keeps saying luffy will awakened his fruit but how will that help him exactly? i still can't grasp the idea of turning his surroundings into rubber will help him defeat katakuri. anyone have a possible scenario?
    We don't really know that that's what his Awakening would do. Doflamingo was a man who could make strings, not be strings. The zoans in Impel Down were different too. Katakuri seems like an "invincible" Paramecia, offensively and defensively amazing, and Luffy's abilities could become similar in at least some ways when awakening.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Someone in spoilers suspected a Rumble Ball was given by Chopper, I assume for Awakening. Doesn't explain why he'd need to do 10x stranger things eating it than Chopper does, though.
    As far as the idea of muting himself, and then saying right after to Katakuri he's not gonna die there to prove it wasn't because he thought he was going to die, it doesn't make sense to me. As if the concept of him in a fight was anything new to his crew.
    99% sure it has some sort of real significance that we'll have to wait on to see.
    the rumble balls are based on chopper fruit and his alone.

So since it's going to take a while for them to reach Cacao island is there a possibility of seeing Carrot get affected by the full moon? I.e. she might become significantly stronger and cooler looking (and be able to take down Perospero)

I do think there's a number of thing Luffy can develop through awakening:

Increased elasticity.
    If you ever watched fake wrestling when they have springboards beneath the ring it cushions their falls, if he can bounce off of the ground and walls when he gets slammed into or against them it will reduce the damage taken by a great deal and allow him to spring back into action with a counterattack.
    Being able to produce rubber so he can use his abilities Like Katakuri, maybe he can even make holes in his body like a logia.
    Maybe he can produce rubber to use his abilities like Katakuri and to
    to make his body look more buff and bigger like Katakuri, maybe Katakuri is a midget under all that manliness. (I would hate this personally)

Without awakening we have yet to see the much anticipated third G4 form, possibly to do with speed, possibly a more balanced form that doesn't overuse haki.
    We have to see what else Luffy can do by igniting himself while wrapped in haki.

Of course none of this might happen and we'll see something we've already seen before and it proved to be quite effective but I think most of us are suckers for new forms and abilities.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Katakuri with the Joseph Joestar impression at the end made me smile.

Discovered Stowaway

Yeaaaah Jimbei surfing that wave! Am I the only one who thinks that looks really fun? XD

Regarding that scene at the end, I think Luffy put the mirror shards in his mouth so the others couldn't tell what was happening before he talked to them.The mirror broke into smaller pieces, but even small shards are usable. In the bottom right panel, the SHs are talking to Luffy through a shard, and it has to be the same one since the mirrors in the mirror world correspond to a single real-world mirror and the SHs haven't moved from the one they're using:

Then, at the bottom of this page, there is nothing on the ground in front of Luffy (that we can see, at least):

And then the mirror shards appear on the ground along with some blood, implying that they fell out of Luffy's mouth (Nami and Chopper are also around the broken shards from before):

Luffy then lies to his crew about doing well to boost morale ("I literally can't touch this guy" doesn't sound too good after what happened with Pedro) but Jimbei sees through it.

Edit: Whoops, the pictures don't seem to be working, but I'm talking about the last three pages before the final page.
    Last edited by No swords style best style; October 5th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Does anyone know how many breaks Oda has had so far this year?
    He's probably on pace for another 40 chapters this year. We normally get 3 or 4 chapters before a double issue or a break.

What are the chances that Luffy destroys the new cake too? LOL Big Moms gonna kill herself
    One Piece ,\/,,

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    the rumble balls are based on chopper fruit and his alone.
    The rumble balls Chopper uses himself definitely are.

Btw, don't really think Luffy ate a rumble ball Chopper made for him, but I'm not completely dismissing the idea of Chopper making rumble balls that can work with other devil fruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Good ol' Jimbei! That deserves a very proud YABADABADOO!!!

When Emperors make tsunami waves who you gonna call?

Two chapters in a row where 2 crew mates show of how highly skilled they are in their profession and with the use of technical jargon too! What really makes the moment perfect is how the surrounding cast of characters react to such skill! It's chapters like these that have made me fall in love with One Piece!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Good to see Jinbe getting his time to shine.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Just some thoughts on how an awakening might help Luffy because people are saying they can't see how it would help. You gotta get creative:

1) Can use the bouncy world for more force on his attacks
    2) Can use the bouncy ground to disrupt, disbalance, or even launch the opponent in unsuspecting ways. Imagine Luffy kicking the ground directionally toward his opponent, causing a ripple like wave that bounces them into mid air.
    3) Mold the ground into rubber like shields from an attack

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information