153 80.10%
  • Team Chrollo

38 19.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

Default Re: Hunter X Hunter III

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    It's called "Hunter x Hunter" and pronounced "Hunter Hunter" without the x. It is in reference to the overall purpose of the story, which is Gon (the Hunter) trying to find (hunting) his father, Ging, who is also a Hunter. Thus a Hunter hunting a Hunter.

My joke was based on Ging talking about the author of the book (another Freecs) and therefore we'd probably end up with a search (or hunt) for him. Thus Gon hunting Ging who is hunting that author Freecs. So, Gon > Ging > Don, or Hunter x Hunter x Hunter.

However this comes after Gon "found" his father in that anti-climatic way, so yeah now we'll have to remove the first Hunter (thanks for pointing that out) which gets us back to Hunter x Hunter and completely ruins the joke.
    "Author Yoshihiro Togashi explained that one of his hobbies is collecting objects of all sorts, so he was inspired to create a manga involving collecting titled "Hunter" He came up with the final name Hunter Hunter while watching the television variety show Downtown, in which the hosts often repeated what they said to make the audience laugh The title of the manga is usually pronounced "Hunter Hunter" with the "" being silent."

This one is one wiki, but ive also read that interview some years ago. I can try to find it, but i itll probaby take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    "Author Yoshihiro Togashi explained that one of his hobbies is collecting objects of all sorts, so he was inspired to create a manga involving collecting titled "Hunter" He came up with the final name Hunter Hunter while watching the television variety show Downtown, in which the hosts often repeated what they said to make the audience laugh The title of the manga is usually pronounced "Hunter Hunter" with the "" being silent."

This one is one wiki, but ive also read that interview some years ago. I can try to find it, but i itll probaby take some time.
    Here ya go.
    Spoiler:

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

ah that's interesting.

So I finally decided that I'm going to make myself catch up on the anime now that the Arc's nearing completion. I stopped myself from watching right before the palace attack started because I knew that not only the week-to-week wait would bother me, but that the initial narrative would drive me up the wall, onto the roof and make me jump off (and oh has it!). Getting beyond that was just so rewarding though. Just finished episode 116 and that was beautiful. So was the silent black and white from episode 12.

Made me remember why I enjoy this series despite all the dilemmas it's faced courtesy of the author.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Is it me or does it look like Togashi reset Kurapika's development or am i missing something here ? I haven't read York Shin arc for a long time but i remember seeing Kurapika warm up to his friends by the end of that arc , but in the new chapter Kurapika's attitude seem like how it was before York Shin arc .

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    Is it me or does it look like Togashi reset Kurapika's development or am i missing something here ? I haven't read York Shin arc for a long time but i remember seeing Kurapika warm up to his friends by the end of that arc , but in the new chapter Kurapika's attitude seem like how it was before York Shin arc .
    His attitude actually seems to be worse imo, cause he seems to not give a shit what happened to Gon, and I don't think he would have been like that even pre York shin.

I wouldn't say it was reset, it's just that he has been through some things on his quest to recover the eyes, while gon and co were off doing there own thing. Kurapika has been all alone trying to recover his families eyes by any means necessary, and has probably done a lot of things he isn't proud of. Gon ended up threatening an innocent disabled girl, if Gon went that far, who knows what Kurapika has had to do.
    Last edited by UndeadFailure; June 23rd, 2014 at 10:26 AM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadFailure View Post
    His attitude actually seems to be worse imo, cause he seems to not give a shit what happened to Gon, and I don't think he would have been like that even pre York shin.

I wouldn't say it was reset, it's just that he has been through some things on his quest to recover the eyes, while gon and co were off doing there own thing. Kurapika has been all alone trying to recover his families eyes by any means necessary, and has probably done a lot of things he isn't proud of. Gon ended up threatening an innocent disabled girl, if Gon went that far, who knows what Kurapika has had to do.
    Well that makes his development in York Shin arc pointless but if it's like you say then i sure do hope that Togashi provides some kind of flashback to show how he did become emotion-less again .

Kurapika's just pissed off because he's been out of the story for two and a half arcs now.

​Also seems like he's seen a lot of shit while getting his eyes back, but he definitely is more of an asshole now than even during Greed Island.

do you think that hisoka's father si zigg?

Quote Originally Posted by shanksa View Post
    I don't think it will turn out that he's a zoldyck.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Brizan View Post
    Thanks for that. It was that page after all, not an interview. My mistake ^.^

That would make Hisoka a Zoldyck... nah....

The closer people become to their goals the crazier they seek to get.

image of zigg is like a pyschotic killua haha

Zzigg Zoldyck is probably the generation in between Maha and Zeno. Fits in with the timeline pretty well, with Netero dueling Maha and still being old when Zeno was born.

Anyone think, that since Chimera Ants are from the Dark Continent, Netero could have brought back the Ants from his unrecorded trip? It would be pretty ironic.

I think I figured out what exactly is going on with Gon and why from the author's POV. The entire point of his new plot arc is to replace the Jajanken completely. For a series that has so many unique and interesting abilities, Jajanken is relatively stale, boring, and probably not very interesting to write about at this point. Gon's probably being reset in a way in where it'll be written that because Jajanken belonged to the old Gon, the "new" Gon can no longer use it. Meaning that Togashi gets to write up a new ability set for Gon that allows for more variety than what he had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Zp1 View Post
    I think I figured out what exactly is going on with Gon and why from the author's POV. The entire point of his new plot arc is to replace the Jajanken completely. For a series that has so many unique and interesting abilities, Jajanken is relatively stale, boring, and probably not very interesting to write about at this point. Gon's probably being reset in a way in where it'll be written that because Jajanken belonged to the old Gon, the "new" Gon can no longer use it. Meaning that Togashi gets to write up a new ability set for Gon that allows for more variety than what he had in the past.
    Just because he was using Jajanken as his first nen technique doesn't mean Gon couldn't add a new one.

well we all know that kite's nen is been sealed by knov
    that means gon will use kite's nen? and he will be using the F!@$P crazy slot?

well we all know that kite's nen is been sealed by knov
    that means gon will use kite's nen? and he will be using the F!@$P crazy slot?
    We all know that bears can't fly.
    Does that mean a pig will be driving my car tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    We all know that bears can't fly.
    Does that mean a pig will be driving my car tomorrow?
    if your talking about the manga then it is possible that the pig can drive a car

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information