View Poll Results: Eastern Conference Champions?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavaliers

1 20.00%
  • Celtics

3 60.00%
  • Raptors

0 0%
  • Wizards

1 20.00%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBA Season 2017-2018

Default NBA Season 2017-2018

The season's starting early this year! A hair over two months after the schedule dropped.

http://stats.nba.com/schedule
    http://www.espn.com/nba/schedule

I'm ready for a surprise in both this season and postseason. Mostly everyone wanted a trilogy to happen last season and that wish was granted. Let's hope we don't get Part 4.

Will the bubonic plague prevent a Warriors dynasty? Will Pop and Kawhi net 60 wins again? Is the Rockets experiment going to work? Are the Thunder going to act surprised when Paul George leaves? Is KAT making the 3rd year leap?(which would be insane based on his last season) Can the Nuggets or Blazers act as spoiler to the expected West top 5? What the hell are the Clippers? Are the Cavs winning the 2019 lottery? Will the Celtics see one of their young players break through the rotation and become a major piece as early as this season? Are the Raptors planning to shuffle their roster again? Is it time for the Wizards to get a younger option in place of Gortat? Who's next to get hurt on the Sixers? Can the Nets please be more atrocious than everyone else for one more season?

Who's going to be the not-All-Star caliber player that makes the All-Star Team in the East this year? In the last decade, think along the lines of Devin Harris or Jameer Nelson.
    Last edited by NateRich; September 18th, 2017 at 04:41 PM.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Season 2017-2018

Cavs are gonna cakewalk through the East again, Kyrie trade drama be damned.

I don't really pay attention to sports, but how are the Chicago Bulls doing? The last time, when I actually paid attention was back when Michael Jordan was around, which was a long time ago. (I used to lived in Chicago, and it was all the rage there during my childhood.)

Avatar: Series: Kantai Collection; Character: Shigu; Artist: Ikura Nagisa

Default NBA Season 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    I don't really pay attention to sports, but how are the Chicago Bulls doing? The last time, when I actually paid attention was back when Michael Jordan was around, which was a long time ago. (I used to lived in Chicago, and it was all the rage there during my childhood.)
    The Bulls are in full rebuilding mode ever since Jordan left. Except 2008 when they drafted a certain player named Derrick Rose who became the youngest MVP in NBA history and everybody thought he would be the next person to bring a championship to Chicago. But he tore his ACL and has never been the same since. He now plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers as a backup point guard.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Yeah, even though the Celtics got Hayward, they traded away Avery Bradley who was a great defender and i sincerely believe the Cavs will have it even easier this year going through the east.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Missed a lot of church so the music is my confession

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    I don't doubt Lebron but that situation doesn't look good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    Well, in the past 13 months the Bulls lost/traded most of their impact players from the early 2010s and basically smashed the franchise reset button. One of their returns for Jimmy Butler (a fringe top-10 player) is a guy who tore his ACL earlier in the year. So they're going to be in the lottery this year for sure. The East is weak so who knows what their future could be beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stalley View Post
    The Bulls are in full rebuilding mode ever since Jordan left. Except 2008 when they drafted a certain player named Derrick Rose who became the youngest MVP in NBA history and everybody thought he would be the next person to bring a championship to Chicago. But he tore his ACL and has never been the same since. He now plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers as a backup point guard.
    Oh, well that sucks. What is an ACL by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    Well, in the past 13 months the Bulls lost/traded most of their impact players from the early 2010s and basically smashed the franchise reset button. One of their returns for Jimmy Butler (a fringe top-10 player) is a guy who tore his ACL earlier in the year. So they're going to be in the lottery this year for sure. The East is weak so who knows what their future could be beyond that?
    Oh, wow. So, it is all up in the air, it seems.

Anyways, thanks both for the information! ^^

Avatar: Series: Kantai Collection; Character: Shigu; Artist: Ikura Nagisa

Too many emotions, how should I feel right now???

If 2018 pick ends up a superstar, this was a massive overpay. But after years of blue balls, a Brooklyn pick is finally getting traded! Time to root for the Nets so the Cavs end up the NBA whipping boys once again when Lebron leaves!!

So do I now root against Isaiah's hip getting better? I'm trying to be ruthless but I can't

Spoiler:
    Fuck, I have to deal with a flat-earther.
    Last edited by NateRich; August 22nd, 2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Ugh I really don't like how rivals are trading with each other. It will just make a fleece hurt that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    Too many emotions, how should I feel right now???

If 2018 pick ends up a superstar, this was a massive overpay. But after years of blue balls, a Brooklyn pick is finally getting traded! Time to root for the Nets so the Cavs end up the NBA whipping boys once again when Lebron leaves!!

So do I now root against Isaiah's hip getting better? I'm trying to be ruthless but I can't

Spoiler:
    Fuck, I have to deal with a flat-earther.
    At least irving isnt a joker, he's a straight-man both personality wise and geographically
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Stranger in a Strange Land lr-hr-rh's Avatar

For those crossover fans of DBZ and the NBA (original source is also in the link):

https://imgur.com/a/bdP5i

We can't be 100% certain it's true, but Kevin Durant allegedly makes fake Twitter accounts to defend himself against his online critics. I'm going to believe it since he's never been someone to have skin thicker than paper.

This offseason has been super entertaining. It's crazy that we don't even have a month until the season starts.

Durant claims he got hacked but I'm going to strongly doubt that.

OKC took the MVP from Houston's grasp and now Carmelo

However I can't take a team seriously that gives Roberson rotation minutes. With George and Melo, he shouldn't be on the floor during crunch time. Well for their sake, he won't.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

The trade makes sense. The Knicks want to get younger and build around KP, plus they weren't gonna make the playoffs with Melo anyway. If the OKC Big 3 gel together, they'll be a top 4 squad in the West. I still don't see them beating the Warriors in a 7 game series though.

And the East loses another all star player. When the all star game voting starts, the West is gonna be stacked.

Wade flees to the Cavs. It feels like they have 100 roster spots.

Knicks won't make the playoffs with Melo and won't make the playoffs without Melo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

More than 24 hours removed and I still can't believe that happened to Hayward. You can't even make up something like that.

Jeremy Lin apparently got fucked with a knee injury and you had a Bull's player get his face and head fucked up by a teammate.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Jeremy Lin apparently got fucked with a knee injury and you had a Bull's player get his jaw and head fucked up by a teammate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Last edited by NateRich; October 24th, 2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: And I'm positively giddy the Warriors lost twice in the first week.

Early season standings are crazier than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Knicks won't make the playoffs with Melo and won't make the playoffs without Melo.
    They have a better win percentage than the Cavs right now

Idk how Ainge blows up a fun fan-favorite team and makes it even more fun. This run has been insane so let me a post in before the humble pie on Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information