+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 87 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 87 Predictions/Discussion

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Now that we have an only villains cover, will people start matching them up against the Strawhats? I mean, only battle heavy arcs have these kind of covers, right? (obvious sarcasm)
    Yo momma's so fat that there wasn't any room in a volume cover for Luffy to show up. Aside from Volume 83...

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I love Katakuri's colors.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Boom, now everyone who bitched about the anime giving Katakuri magenta hair takes an L. The location of Big Mom was about the only part of my prediction that I got right. Cute that Pekoms is way in the back there, trying to be relevant.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Manga really didn't do justice to Big Mom Pirates. Can't wait for the colored version.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

There's too much space on the left compared to the right but otherwise this looks pretty cool. Seems pretty clear the anime team consulted with Oda when they made the character color schemes, these pretty much match exactly.

Also, Pekoms popping out from Daifuku's shoulder pad is just adorable.

Spoiler:

I'm a little bit sad that Cracker isn't in the image, but it is to be expected. I was disappointed about Vergo and Monet not being in the Donquixote Family volume cover, but at least their exclusuon made sebse since they were antagonists in the previous arc.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

It's not complete mess type of cover, but it's still pretty boring with no idea behind it (but then again, few OP covers actually have it). I like BM here, but I think the cover would look way better if it was just her and her homies. At least we have "canon" color reference. Also, Pekoms is kind of funny and random Oven is random.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

My favorite part is ready-to-kick your ass Big Mom.

I guess Katakuri having pink hair makes him fit better into his family of bright-colors and sweets, but I was so sure it'd be black lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    There's too much space on the left compared to the right but otherwise this looks pretty cool.
    All that space and poor Galette has to find a spot behind Oven's hair. Most people won't even notice her, that's some Pandaman-level of placement. But I suppose Oda wanted to keep Zeus' face unobstructed.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco
    All that space and poor Galette has to find a spot behind Oven's hair. Most people won't even notice her, that's some Pandaman-level of placement. But I suppose Oda wanted to keep Zeus' face unobstructed.
    Oh shit, Galette's on it? I change my mind, 10/10 cover.
    Last edited by Koliber; October 13th, 2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Commas matter sometimes...

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

You need to seriously play Where's Waldo to find Galette on there.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Not a fan of too much pink crew and Bright colors, but they do stand out among other pirate crews. And that pink was the only way to ever make it look like katakuri belongs in there.

WB pirates, red hair pirates, roger pirates, bb pirates look more like actual pirates while BM pirates look like some parody from fairytale.

User of the Gumdrop Rifle Rocko52's Avatar

I dunno, I really reaaaaally like this cover! I don't have many more complex thoughts on it right now haha, I don't feel like complaining too much since it has Momma in a crazy action pose & the whole posse with her - loving the Big Mom Pirates.

Wow, absolutely in love with this cover and the colour schemes for the Big Mom pirates. Incredible group. Not to mention Mama herself who looks amazing and menacing as hell. But it feels weird to have an all-villain-cover in an arc where the only 101 battles were for Luffy (and Pedro vs. Tamago).
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

I'm well in the "wasn't expecting a villains cover" camp. It's just not a fighty enough arc for the kinds of parallels those usually have. Shall we take bets now if Luffy will take the place of Big Mom or of Katakuri on the next one? It sure does look neat, and it has a nice title as well. I really dig how bright and colourful everything is.

Also, does no one here remember the reveal for volume 85, which also had "a lot of empty space on the left" but we figured out then the reveal image is meant to wrap around into the dust jacket, so shows a lot more on that side than the final front cover will. It looks a good deal more balanced when you crop it like this...

Spoiler:

...the same way volume 85 did. This has happened before and I'm pretty sure it's gonna keep happening.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I didn't even know Galette was there until I was cropping a profile image for Oven, rofl.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm well in the "wasn't expecting a villains cover" camp. It's just not a fighty enough arc for the kinds of parallels those usually have. Shall we take bets now if Luffy will take the place of Big Mom or of Katakuri on the next one?
    I think the hero covers might have already come in the form of Vols. 85 and 86 which didn't have baddies (with the ehhh exception of Pudding). Looking back this cover was a long time coming, we haven't seen Big Mom and her goons in a cover since Vol. 83

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Not a fan of too much pink crew and Bright colors, but they do stand out among other pirate crews. And that pink was the only way to ever make it look like katakuri belongs in there.

WB pirates, red hair pirates, roger pirates, bb pirates look more like actual pirates while BM pirates look like some parody from fairytale.
    And the BM Pirates' current whooping of the Straw Hats goes to show, once again, that appearance is never what matters in OP

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Who actually looks like actual pirates anyway?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post

I think the hero covers might have already come in the form of Vols. 85 and 86 which didn't have baddies (with the ehhh exception of Pudding). Looking back this cover was a long time coming, we haven't seen Big Mom and her goons in a cover since Vol. 83
    Right before the Doffy Family cover, we also had a good guys only with all the major players, and there still was SHs+allies cover right after with matching pose. I very much doubt it's going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Koliber View Post
    Right before the Doffy Family cover, we also had a good guys only with all the major players, and there still was SHs+allies cover right after with matching pose. I very much doubt it's going to change.
    I think you mean right after. The same thing happened with Baroque Works and CP9. So I agree about it happening again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information