+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 87 Predictions/Discussion

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Volume 87 Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Anyone think 879 will be the bookend?
    I have some doubts. The end of Chapter 879 does not feel climactic enough. Especially when Luffy has not activated Gear Fourth yet.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I have some doubts. The end of Chapter 879 does not feel climactic enough. Especially when Luffy has not activated Gear Fourth yet.
    Exactly. This was a very transition/setup for next phase chapter. By the next one, we'll know if that is the finisher as soon as we see the last page.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

78 would be nice. Pedro dies an Luffy is about to fight Dogtooth.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Chapter 878 is unlikely since the last volume ended on 869 and One Piece volumes haven't been nine chapters long in years due to how One Piece's shorter modern chapters compared to other manga playing into the expected size required for manga volumes.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

The Volume 87 will consist 208 pages which i will be 10 Chapters From Chapter 870 - " FAREWELL " to 879 - " BIG MOM SWEET 3 GENERAL, KATAKURI ".

Hopefully this means the chapters from 880 to roughly 890 for volume 88 will end the arc and shift towards the next (either Wa anticipation or Reverie).

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    The Volume 87 will consist 208 pages which i will be 10 Chapters From Chapter 870 - " FAREWELL " to 879 - " BIG MOM SWEET 3 GENERAL, KATAKURI ".
    Really? What a shitty place to end a volume at.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

So the cover will be everyone running from Big Mom.

I am somewhat of the opinion that the current chapter cutting to black after revealing the tsunami would have been a better final page, but what do I know. There doesn't even seem to be a standout chapter title to use here. The ones for 873 and 877 I like mostly for their stellar official translations, but it's possible Oda could go with 878 in memoriam of Pedro.

Hoping for a cover design slightly more creative than 'everyone runs towards the camera while Big Mom looms in the background' tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I am somewhat of the opinion that the current chapter cutting to black after revealing the tsunami would have been a better final page, but what do I know. There doesn't even seem to be a standout chapter title to use here. The ones for 873 and 877 I like mostly for their stellar official translations, but it's possible Oda could go with 878 in memoriam of Pedro.

Hoping for a cover design slightly more creative than 'everyone runs towards the camera while Big Mom looms in the background' tho...
    Chance of Escape 0% could have been a cool title with the cover page focusing on Big Mom chasing everybody...

Yeah, shame 880 isn't the stopping point, but it's hardly the first time a volume has ended one chapter short of where it reeeally should have ended. The strawhat seperation comes to mind.

Though maybe the "next time" preview can basically have the same cliffhanger anyway.

I know on a couple occasions Oda has put on the pressure to squeeze in an extra chapter to end at a better point but its something not even he can do on a regular basis without raising the price, and he has a hardline stance on that.

User of the Gumdrop Rifle Rocko52's Avatar

After Chapter 880, I really can't help but think of it as a huge mistake to not end this volume with that one. As mentioned, 879 just isn't that climactic, while 880 has to be one of the best recent One Piece cliffhangers. It would be so awesome to have that huge wave panel closing out the volume, but I guess that's just not to be, sadly. It's a shame, I think 880 will be a weird place to start the next volume, it feels so natural as the closing of a vol - oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    So the cover will be everyone running from Big Mom.
    Katakuri will definitely have some focus here, finally we wil get to see his colors.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Hope for only Charlotte Family members cover. I want to see the official colors of many of them

Let the Pun fit the Crime Skadi's Avatar

I second that (also how did you get your signature picture to be way over the size limits?)

I would love a cover that only has the Charlotte Family. But I feel like Volume 83 was technically supposed to be that cover (Luffy being in the front is similar to the Arlong Pirates and Moria's crew volume covers). And even if we do get the Charlotte Family, I would be disappointed if Cracker was excluded only because he hasn't shown up ever since his defeat.

the people (or things) i possible see being on the cover are

smoothie, big father, oven, diafuki, perospero, vinsmokes in some form, ceasar, whole cake chateau falling, tametabako, pudding, nami, zeus, prometheus (who were missing from vol 83)

the people i definitely seeing are:

luffy, big mom, katakuri, bege, sanji

for the titles, im thinking:
    trapped like sweets in a cage or zero escape

I'm not sure if it's this or the next one, but I believe the cover like #30 or #48 starring Luffy and Katakuri should be in order. Though it's more likely that #87 is typical OP random clusterfuck and the #88 would be like this.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

We actually did get the color schemes for the Charlotte family's heavyweights in the anime this weekend (they're dimmed, but you can still make them out):
    Spoiler:

And they actually do communicate with Oda on this stuff these days, so if any of them show up on the new cover, they'll look similar to here.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

When the cover features the SHs running, then it would be awesome when Pedro is missing there.
    Would be so meta with such a subtle hint right at the cover.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information