+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Live-Adaptation Drama Announced

Default Re: One Piece Live-Adaptation Drama Announced

Honestly, as long as the heart of the series is there, that is what is important. As far as the whole shonen philosophy... I hope not, I don't think that is the target audience. I think it would fail quickly if they tried to make it too shonen-y. It should target a general audience. I really hope they don't put people shouting every single attack name for example. I would like it to be a show I could recommend to my friends or coworkers that have no interest in manga/anime, so that they can enjoy the story, the world building, and so many other great things the series has to offer. I know a bunch have said they are fans, but I hope there are non-fans as well to think more about what would actually work well and catch the public's interest.

Just wanted to hop in and mention that Netflix's planned live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender no longer has the creators attached to it.
    Michael Dante DiMartino wrote a Facebook post about it. This line stood out to me.
    "And who knows? Netflix’s live-action adaptation of Avatar has the potential to be good. It might turn out to be a show many of you end up enjoying. But what I can be certain about is that whatever version ends up on-screen, it will not be what Bryan and I had envisioned or intended to make."
    That reeks of "I hated it".
    Doesn't give me a lot of hope for the live-action One PIece.

I don't its fair to even compare Avatar's situation to One Piece or even base the outcome on it, they're two completely different properties with different directors and producers. The main difference being is the producers on OP have made it clear they want to honor Oda's vision and make it enjoyable for the fans. So I wouldn't fret just yet

I think we are not getting news so soon.

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1292989000630677505

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Just a fan or hiding something badly?

For a second I didn't recognize that was one of the twins from the Sweet Life of Zack and Cody.

Riverdale does 22 episode seasons so Sprouse wouldn’t be able to commit to another tv series.

It seems in the next months a lot of Netflix shows are going to get canceled, due to the growing budget for the Covid measures (they've already canceled I'm Not Okay With This). I hope it's not this case. Fingers crossed.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    It seems in the next months a lot of Netflix shows are going to get canceled, due to the growing budget for the Covid measures (they've already canceled I'm Not Okay With This). I hope it's not this case. Fingers crossed.
    Netflix announced this show has their biggest investment to date, it's supposed to be their biggest show ever.
    I can see them post-poning the shooting a bit to make sure it comes out great in the end, I can even see them cancelling a smaller show to invest more in One Piece, but they would never just drop it.

Emily Rudd one of the actress rumored to play nami just posted this photo with her new haircute

https://www.instagram.com/emilysteaparty/

Quote Originally Posted by StuckWithInsomniac View Post
    Emily Rudd one of the actress rumored to play nami just posted this photo with her new haircute

https://i.imgur.com/wf2dCVx.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEe0jmWpsyu/

https://www.instagram.com/emilysteaparty/
    I think she looks nice! It’s not exact Nami, but I like

Rumors are heating up more about Cole Sprouse possibly playing Sanji in the upcoming Live Acrion and of course in Strawhat troll fashion the OP twitter account gives us this answer....
    https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/...478239746?s=19

Things are moving I so excited to see more information.

BIG NEWS

So Matt Owens, writer of the pilot, attended the OP Youtuber's "Reverie" live stream where they all get together for a few hours to talk One Piece.

Very surprising. Very awesome.

The news that was gathered:

CONFIRMED: East Blue for the first season. Yes, we already knew this, but it's double confirmed.

Oda wanted to meet Matt before allowing him to write the pilot, they met and he gave him his blessing. Matt talked about how surreal that was, as a fan.

Matt's been a fan for a long time, he gave an emotional backstory on how One Piece has helped in his life and really swayed a lot of skeptics in the chat. Definitely recommend listening.

His approach to One Piece which he told the other writers. One Piece needs to 1. Be funny 2. Make you cry 3. Make you say "Holy shit"

The hardest challenge for the adaptation has been translating between eastern/western humor.

CONFIRMED: NO CASTING HAS HAPPENED YET. AT ALL. He didn't confirm if there were offers out or scripts out (this is still likely) but no one not a single person has officially been green lit for a role in the show yet.

He was asked about the leaked script, but professionally dodged the question and RogersBase shut that down too.

Most of the other things he talked about was fluff questions, he's a Sanji fan, a Robin fan, his favorite arc is Enies Lobby. He's a fan of the Davy Back Fight as well (to many people's surprise) for the reasons that it has some of the best crew interactions and funny moments in the series (I agree.)

Definitely identified with him a lot. He even has a One Piece figure collection. It was a fun listen, and just as I've always been, I'm excited for the project.
    K-F|Jango

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1031 View Post
    BIG NEWS

So Matt Owens, writer of the pilot, attended the OP Youtuber's "Reverie" live stream where they all get together for a few hours to talk One Piece.

Very surprising. Very awesome.
    Thanks for the heads-up! Here's the stream:

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I believe they will start casting just when the pandemic is over. Perhaps the show will be delayed to 2022.

Matt Owens is really convincing. Listening to the Reverie and he actually is your average One Piece fan
    but got to work on its live-action adaptation.
    I believe they will start casting just when the pandemic is over. Perhaps the show will be delayed to 2022.
    25th anniversary of the series sounds like a good year for it to start.

I disagree, I believe they're probably gonna start production once SA opens it's borders on the first and they'll be able to have the go ahead by then and I'm sure with in the month or so we'll start getting cast news

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I disagree, I believe they're probably gonna start production once SA opens it's borders on the first and they'll be able to have the go ahead by then and I'm sure with in the month or so we'll start getting cast news
    How accuracy is that news about shooting in SA?? Because Matt said in the live stream that they already chose the location but he couldnt say nothing about it so why would he avoid it if it was already said that was going to be in SA?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information