+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Live-Adaptation Drama Announced

Default Re: One Piece Live-Adaptation Drama Announced

Hope we won't have to wait long for casting

I read the leaked script and for the most part I like the direction they are going with this.
    Spoiler:

Pros
    - Kong and Sengoku at Roger's execution
    - Dragon at the execution bumping into kid smoker in the first episode. Kind of cool when you know they will be running into each other..probably by the end of season one.
    - Zoro getting introduced earlier.
    - Getting to see Zoro fight Mr. 7
    - Showing Zoro's ambition and how he won't agree to join BW unless he is made the boss. Then showing that Luffy is thinking of asking Zoro the Pirate Hunter to join him if he is good. builds up their meeting nicely for episode 2.
    - Zoro delivering Mr. 7 in a body bag at a marine base.
    - Foreshadowing that one of Zoro's swords has significance to him.
    - Lord of the Coast getting punched in front of Coby feels like it would be more impactful.
    - Getting some hints at Sun Pirates update via news paper the mayor was reading.
    - Connecting Don to Alvida since she has to deliver some kind of treasure to him as tribute.
    - Season will start with the execution of the pirate king and might end with Luffy almost getting executed but miraculously surviving.
    - Description of the fight scenes seems promising.
    - I like how Luffy's flashback is handled. It starts with a direct transition from Roger's execution with Shanks telling Luffy about the former Pirate King.
    - Name dropping Kuro, Don, Arlong already in the first episode.

Cons
    - Shanks straight up telling Luffy to be good might not be the best in my opinion. It takes the grey morality out of Luffy being a pirate that happens to be good.
    - Zoro lighting two candles could be a foreshadowing for something...but if it is just for the one liner zoro gives Mr. 7 than it feels a little lame.
    - The intro goes a bit too deep with sengoku and kong's back and forth dialog. I feel that if this intro is tweaked a bit and told from Shanks perspective it would be better. Shanks could even narrate the intro. It would make the transition smoother also from roger(former pirate king) to shanks(current great pirate/former pirate king apprentice). They can revisit the Kong and Sengoku's dialog when they see it from a marine's perspective..like Smoker.

They haven't started casting yet. Can't wait for the official casting to be announced. In the meantime I have made a fan casting list for the first season. Interested to see what you guys think on some of my suggestions.https://www.mycast.io/stories/one-pi...ries-east-blue

Jon Hamm should play Roger, Nikolaj Coster Waldau should play Shanks, Luke Evans should play Mihawk.

You should keep your expectations low on casting. Look at stuff like Snowpiercer or Teen Wolf. That'll likely be where most of the cast will come from. They might be able to draw big names for smaller roles, and maybe some midcarders for parts of the main crew, but don't expect like any blockbuster actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You should keep your expectations low on casting. Look at stuff like Snowpiercer or Teen Wolf. That'll likely be where most of the cast will come from. They might be able to draw big names for smaller roles, and maybe some midcarders for parts of the main crew, but don't expect like any blockbuster actors.
    There are some Blockbuster Actors in other series, like Cavill in witcher, or momoa having some apple series or all the marvel actors from the movies gettin Disney shows. But I doubt shows like that will last 9 seasons, that at least is the plan of op team.
    Maeda teased a few mounths ago Egerton, Ehrenreich, Elgort. But is that either some hint or unrelated. Like picking one of these for the role of luffy.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; May 20th, 2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    A supposed leaked script has Alvida:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1C...-NVlSgAIU/view
    Spoiler:
    His movements are fluid, CAPOEIRA-esque.
    (p.36)
    This reference to the Brazilian dancing style martial arts has my hopes up that the strawhats will have the "official" nationalities as assigned to them by Oda in that SBS. It's definitely wise to not get our hopes up, especially given the disastrous track record of live adaptions, but I'm going to be a fool here and get hyped.

H Y P E

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    I posted the link on 4chan and got a DMCA warning & the thread got deleted so it seems to be the real thing.
    Last edited by IrishLuigi; May 20th, 2020 at 02:03 PM.

I would prefer the showrunner to be Matt Owens instead of Steven Maeda. Owens has a better resume in my opinion and this leaked script is written by him and it seems good. By the way i really hope Oda will make a lot of "script doctoring" with these scripts.

What gives you that impression?

In his position, Steve guides the scripting process but is not the Head Writer which falls to Matt.

Due to his comments on the series up to this point, I strongly believe Oda has a system in place for quality-checking the material. However, Hollywood is Hollywood and end products are usually productions where everyone involved is 'content' with it. Whether that level of contentment resonates with fans *new and old* will remain to be seen.

I rather fresh faces. Well trained, but haven't been in 1000 shows and movies i've already seen. This is OP, not a MCU film

From Worstgen Forum (by Kalimoxto) :

Eddie Bonin is the Visual Effects Executive in his IMDb.

I've said this before but I think Chloe Mortez would be a good choice to play Nami, maybe Hart Denton as Sanji

Quote Originally Posted by Raydjahs View Post
    From Worstgen Forum (by Kalimoxto) :

Eddie Bonin is the Visual Effects Executive in his IMDb.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...4,1000_AL_.jpg
    It seems he had a solid filmography. I like VFX in other series, except Legion CGI but i hope there will be more budget here.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I think Chloe Mortez would be a good choice to play Nami
    What? That brickhouse? She's hardly Hit Girl any more.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    It seems he had a solid filmography. I like VFX in other series, except Legion CGI but i hope there will be more budget here.
    Legion had a budget of $4m per episode. This seems to be $10m per episode, so that's more than double! I think it won't be unreasonable to expect GoT level special effects here.
    Last edited by IrishLuigi; May 22nd, 2020 at 04:13 AM.

The problem is that OP is several tiers more fantastical than GoT so I'm not sure if even that much money will be enough. The main character's abilities are already super hard to pull off, and they're gonna have to keep showing them constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    What? That brickhouse? She's hardly Hit Girl any more.
    I was thinking more from a acting prospective she would nail Nami's personality down, who would you suggest playing Nami or any of the strawhats

CW is the cheapest in the world. Elongated Man gets 3-5 episodes a season of decent effects. Luffy doesn't do that much and especially that early in the story, so it might be ok. Before Arlong Park arc, Buggy, Richie and Krieg might require the most effects. If any of them are used, of course

Well, if they skip Buggy, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Well, if they skip Buggy, I'm out.
    They can't skip Oda's favorite character while he's executive producer.

Lewis Tan as Zoro and Bill Skarsgard as Sanji. Just take a look at Deadpool 2's audition scene and let me know what you guys think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuQBTcE_CMk

I work in the film industry, here's what I believe to be a "realistic" look at what we can expect. Younger unknowns, lower price tag actors, and hungry actors that can commit to a 10 season order.

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    who would you suggest playing Nami or any of the strawhats
    Nami: Emilia Jones (Locke & Key) Showed she had the gravitas for the "Help me" moment and the comedy chops to hang with the gang

Luffy: Griffin Gluck (American Vandal) This kid is great. He's got the likability, goofiness, and the stoicism needed. He's half Japanese.

Sanji: Skyler Gisondo (Booksmart) -- This dude is hilarious. He had jokes in Booksmart that coming from most other actors would have gone stale very quickly. Meaning he can hold the Nami gag for years. The "cool" guy approach can be handled by anyone, including him.

Arlong: Bokeem Woodbine (Queen & Slim, Shocker in Spiderman: Homecoming, a million things) This dude plays evil so well. Phenomenal actor. Chiwetel Ejiofor is my second choice.

Other choices:

Usopp: Rohan Chand

Thinking about the future:

Nico Robin: Conor Leslie (Titans) or Christian Serratos (Walking Dead)

Crocodile: Kirk Acevedo (Arrow, Oz)

Portgas D Ace: Ryan Potter (Titans)

Shanks: Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes) or if going for a big name -- Chris Evans (Captain America)

Smoker: Marc Menchaca (Ozark, Homeland)

Tashigi: Constance Wu (Crazy Rich Asians) or Shioli Kitsuna (Deadpool 2)

Kuro: Michael Emerson (Person of Interest)

Zeff: Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul)

Helmeppo: Charlie Tahan (Super Dark Times, Ozark)

Koby: Caleel Harris (When They See Us)

Buggy: Anthony Carrigan (Barry, Gotham) or Ken Jeong (Community, Hangover)

Franky: Alan Ritchson (Titans, Blue Mountain State)

Chopper: Jackson Robert Scott (It, Locke & Key)

High price tag picks:

Whitebeard: Josh Brolin (need that Thanos gurararararara)

Mr. 3: Jeff Goldblum (also a good Kizaru pick)

I truly believe Chopper will have to be done a la the Hungry Days commercials. Most of the time in a truly human form with practical make-up accouterments such as a blue nose, maybe hooves. Saving the CGI budget for the transformations.
    K-F|Jango

At least the live action will fix the biggest problem that plagued the manga and anime since ever, slow pace. This will likely have only 10 years and 100 episodes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information