View Poll Results: What do you want dubbed the most?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuing the Anime series Chronologically

6 40.00%
  • Movies 1, 2, and 3

0 0%
  • Movies 4, 5, and 7

3 20.00%
  • Movie 6

3 20.00%
  • "Episode of" Series and Specials

0 0%
  • Future Unannounced Video Games

0 0%
  • Simuldub

1 6.67%
  • Other

2 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where do you most want Funimation to focus their One Piece dubbing efforts?

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Where do you most want Funimation to focus their One Piece dubbing efforts?

I wanted to poll the community to see what they most wanted Funimation to prioritize in terms of dubbing One Piece content, regardless of how reasonable or likely. The option are self explanatory, but I'll detail them below anyway:
    • Continuing to dub the anime in chronological order (what they seem to be doing). So going forward with Season 9 (FI), 10 (PH), 11 (Dressrosa) and so on
    • Movies 1, 2, and 3 ("The Movie", "Clockwork Island", "Chopper's Kingdom")
    • Movies 4, 5, and 7 ("Dead End Adventure", "Cursed Holy Sword", "Karakuri Castle")
    • Movie 6 ("Baron Omatsuri", left it separate since its the most popular of the not dubbed movies)
    • "Episode of" Series and Specials (Chopper Plus, Nami, Merry, 3D2Y, Sabo, Nebulandia)
    • Future Unannounced Video Games (as in, taking priority to dub any new games over more of the anime)
    • Simuldub (unlikely, but I'll throw it out there)
    So what do you think, what do you most want Funimation to dub next?

Default Re: Where do you most want Funimation to focus their One Piece dubbing efforts?

I pick other mostly. Since, I really want them to continue working on the tv series as it have been, and begin to get the older movies dub. And I still doubt they will do an simulcast dub mostly some of the current main cast live out of state.

Default Re: Where do you most want Funimation to focus their One Piece dubbing efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I pick other mostly. Since, I really want them to continue working on the tv series as it have been, and begin to get the older movies dub. And I still doubt they will do an simulcast dub mostly some of the current main cast live out of state.
    A simuldub isn't out of question though as FUNi have been using LA studios to get work on AoT Season 2 done faster by having the LA actors record there along with having Sean Schemmel record in LA for the Dragon Ball Super dub so it's possible even though they wouldn't need to use an external studio a lot for the current arc as Bege is the only one in this arc thats voiced by an LA actor (Kyle Hebert)

Voted Movie 6. Honestly I don't really watch or buy the anime, and Baron Omatsuri is not only absolutely stellar as a One Piece movie, it's also one of Hosoda's best works overall. So I might not really be the market for this, but movie 6 is the one anime-related thing that I could see myself putting money down for.

You forgot to include movies 9 and 11 in the poll.

As for me, I'd have to go with "Other", specifically the prospect of FUNimation attempting a speedup of the voyage releases. Although, I guess this would still fall under "ontinuing the anime series chronologically".
    A simuldub or video game dub is more likely to happen when the gap between the dub and the sub is waaaaaaay smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    A simuldub isn't out of question though as FUNi have been using LA studios to get work on AoT Season 2 done faster by having the LA actors record there along with having Sean Schemmel record in LA for the Dragon Ball Super dub so it's possible even though they wouldn't need to use an external studio a lot for the current arc as Bege is the only one in this arc thats voiced by an LA actor (Kyle Hebert)
    Given the logistics, I don't think it's very likely until FUNi opens up their own studio in LA, instead of contracting out other studios. But one of my biggest worries is that a VA might have to be replaced temporarily due to unforeseen circumstances. (ex: Sonny Strait falling ill during the simuldub of My Hero Academia and needing a stand-in for a week)

Duuuude

Stay the course; steady as she goes.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Probably shouldn't have included Other, since there isn't really an other option hahaha. Those who picked other should have picked the first option based on their response but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    You forgot to include movies 9 and 11 in the poll.

I put 9 (Episode of Chopper Plus) with the other "Episode of" series, though I guess it should be separate since it was in theaters, but oh well

And I always forget 11 (3D chase) existed since it was only 30 minutes, but I guess that would be that option too, since its more of a Special than a real movie

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information