Kuina.
    96. Kaidou.
    Shiliew.
    Chouchou.
    99. Thousand Sunny.
    Shachi.
    Pauly.
    Laboon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Weekly Shonen Jump issue has announced the 6th Official Characters Popularity Poll

We will have the results in Weekly Shonen Jump #36-37/2017 in August with a special Color Spread with the winners.

You can see the results of the other Popularity Polls here.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Popularity_Polls
    Last edited by redon; August 3rd, 2017 at 07:37 AM.

SKADI IS A HELL OF A DRUG MrBits's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece 6th Official Characters Popularity Poll announced

*Fingers crossed for Sanji passing Zoro*

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    *Fingers crossed for Brook passing Zoro*
    Its an Arc focused on Sanji... but Brook is the m.v.p

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Its an Arc focused on Sanji... but Brook is the m.v.p
    Brook's the best thing about this arc, but he's not jumping up from 19th to the top 3. I'd love it if he made top 10 though.

So we might get Wano by the time the results are out after all?

Brook's the best thing about this arc, but he's not jumping up from 19th to the top 3. I'd love it if he made top 10 though.
    Well it was more of a joke... If Sanji does big things in the next chapters then possibly, but what he has shown until now is also just a joke... and in this i already consider that Zorro is out of the picture and the Arc is centerd around Sanji...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Jinbe will probably have a huge leap from 35th place.

Spoiler:

Sanji only chance to ever past Zoro will be this Popularity poll.

How much would VA/seiryu affect the polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Sanji only chance to ever past Zoro will be this Popularity poll.

How much would VA/seiryu affect the polls?
    One Piece is a manga/anime read by many people who don't usually read/watch this sort of thing. I don't think that much of the fanbase cares that much about seiyuu compared to other series.

With all the stuff that happened with Sanji's character this arc, and still nothing good besides the jelly bean dodge, I see his popularity dropping. There's only like what 2 chapters before the polls close, 1 of them will be dedicated to big moms scream And assassination, the other to her going berserk, so I don't see him shining before the poll is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    With all the stuff that happened with Sanji's character this arc, and still nothing good besides the jelly bean dodge, I see his popularity dropping. There's only like what 2 chapters before the polls close, 1 of them will be dedicated to big moms scream And assassination, the other to her going berserk, so I don't see him shining before the poll is done.
    Sanji's character in WCI has been divisive for sure, but this is still the best he's been since the timeskip. He ranked 4th last time after two arcs of mostly just pervert gags, and a year long absence during Dressrosa. If his old fans didn't drop off after that, there's no way they'll drop off after this.

People aren't just gonna vote for the guys they see as "coolest", that'd be hella shallow and robbing Sanji of a much deserved high spot. And didn't Greg once say that Japanese fans griped about the Year of Sanji because Sanji wasn't in it enough?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    People aren't just gonna vote for the guys they see as "coolest", that'd be hella shallow and robbing Sanji of a much deserved high spot. And didn't Greg once say that Japanese fans griped about the Year of Sanji because Sanji wasn't in it enough?
    They kind of do vote for the coolest or girls they find the cutest. Thats why characters like Law, sabo, Rebecca, shirahoshi are so high up.
    The Japanese fans complained about wanting more Sanji, but that can be viewed as them not being satisfied with what Sanji got in 2016 hence why they we're asking for more but good moments this time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Sanji's character in WCI has been divisive for sure, but this is still the best he's been since the timeskip. He ranked 4th last time after two arcs of mostly just pervert gags, and a year long absence during Dressrosa. If his old fans didn't drop off after that, there's no way they'll drop off after this.
    A lot of people even fans were pretty disappointed with Sanji this arc, when he beat up Luffy he basically went from victim to villain in the eyes of many from what I've seen. Then there's the "robin moment" he had where oda tried to replicate ennies lobby but that was pretty terrible. He doesn't feel as popular or liked as much as before this arc started.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    A lot of people even fans were pretty disappointed with Sanji this arc, when he beat up Luffy he basically went from victim to villain in the eyes of many from what I've seen. Then there's the "robin moment" he had where oda tried to replicate ennies lobby but that was pretty terrible. He doesn't feel as popular or liked as much as before this arc started.
    You're right about fans being frustrated about his angst, but most of the people I've seen who hated the "robin moment" (myself included) didn't really blame Sanji for it, just Oda for writing a dumb scene.

The thing is though that Sanji falling into that slump was pretty much exactly the point. And now he's on the path to recovery - capable and determined once again, and hopefully with better consequences for arcs beyond this one as well. It's not poor character writing/Oda didn't know any better. He gave Sanji a low point because he needed to develop.

Robin moment? Sure. But his reasoning was different and his execution was different. I doubt most people will look at Whole Cake as a rehash of Enies Lobby.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The thing is though that Sanji falling into that slump was pretty much exactly the point. And now he's on the path to recovery - capable and determined once again, and hopefully with better consequences for arcs beyond this one as well. It's not poor character writing/Oda didn't know any better. He gave Sanji a low point because he needed to develop.

Robin moment? Sure. But his reasoning was different and his execution was different. I doubt most people will look at Whole Cake as a rehash of Enies Lobby.
    Sanji's robin moment wasn't really an issue he had to deal with. Just 30 chapters before that, he had no problem declaring himself a strawhat to tamago and how he would return to the ship. So it was a problem that never existed and got created then solved just for some drama.

Well he's on the road to recovery, but so far his character just went downhill and that's what the poll is based on. We won't see what development he actually got till later In this arc or when it's over, and that's assuming he gets any and doesn't leave this arc the exact same as he came in, which so far he hasn't changed or developed yet.

My hot takes:

* Overall I don't see the general makeup of the top ten changing all that much from the last poll. Law had enough of a vote bulwark that I feel pretty safe predicting that he'll remain #2. This might be Sanji's chance to finally slip past Zoro, and if it is, it'll probably be his one and only opportunity to do so. I think if anyone's going to drop out, it's going to be Bartolomeo and/or Hancock.
    * As for who might replace them, fans have suggested the likes of Brook (possibly, maybe), Carrot (I think she'll do well, but not top ten well outside of a Sabaody-era Law situation), or Jimbei (lol) but I think a lot of people are sleeping on Corazon. At the time of the last poll, I don't think he had been around long enough for readers to learn his full story. Now, he's a very sympathetic and empathetic character who's closely tied to the mega-popular Law. I think there's a good chance he could darkhorse his way into the top ten.
    * In the last poll Jimbei came in at #35. The likes of Bepo, Koala, Shirahoshi, and Rebecca were ahead of him. And this was after he'd been around for long enough for fans to know what they were getting with him and set their opinions accordingly. While I think he'll get a boost from this arc, he certainly won't be leapfrogging all the way to the top ten/mid-low teens barring some miracle turnaround.
    * Despite being cardboard cutouts the Vinsmoke brothers will probably do decent-ish on the back of being Sanji's brothers. Reiju will still be ahead of them though, but they'll be ahead of their dad at least.
    * I don't see any of the Big Mom Pirates making much of an impact outside of Pudding and maybe Katakuri at a stretch.
    * Marco will still do headscratchingly well.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I'm curious to see how Big Mom herself will do. Heck, I'm wondering how she'll do in the next AP character tourney (Brook already won I think). It's kinda hard to gauge the general opinion of her. Also I'm expecting the Vinsmokes to go something like Reiju > Ichiji > Yonji > Niji > Judge.

And the one character I wish will do really well but won't:
    Spoiler:
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

I reckon Hancock will get knocked out, which is a shame, but glad to see she in at least one.

My guess, in no order would be.

Luffy
    Ace
    Sabo
    Zoro
    Law
    Nami
    Sanji

and some other randos

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

We can vote if we are not Japanese? I would like to vote for my favorite character, but how to proceed please?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information