+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK KO! Lets be Heroes!

Default OK KO! Lets be Heroes!

Created by Ian Jones-Quartey! I think I heard the intro was boarded by someone from Trigger Studios? Anyway this show is gonna rule so here's the thread for it ya hungry bastards

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Default Re: OK KO! Lets be Heroes!

I don't know who the guy with the moustache and tie is. But I know he is the best character.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I've been waiting for this!

The shorts with the different animators were all pretty cool. I'm curious to see where IJQ goes with a full series. That is if CN ever has time to fit it on their schedule. Wouldn't want to lose a valuable TTG slot.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I wasn't sure what to think from that bid. :S I'll wait and see, though. It is in good hands.

I'd like to thank Pan Pizza for introducing me to this A+++++ intro theme.

I love all things IJQ, all the way back to his RPGWorld webcomic years ago, so I'm hype as hell for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

The first six episodes are out on CN's site. I'm only partway through the first one now, but really enjoying the soundtrack, characters, and bits of worldbuilding.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The animation's throwing me off, but there's definitely some highlights and fun ideas. I didn't like SU's animation much at first either, so I have hope that it'll shape up.

Enjoying the rest, though. This will be a fun series to follow along and I hope CN gives it a chance to grow.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Finished the 6. They're pretty fun! It doesn't seem to be going for a lot of emotional depth, and the problems and solutions are a little simplistic, but damn does it make me laugh. Even the most clichéd stuff had really funny execution. Plus, again, neat soundtrack and lots of interesting animation ideas. There's also some level of continuity, which is nice, though at this stage I can't be sure if there will be much of a plot beyond goofs, but if goofs are all we'll get, then they're damn fine goofs to be got.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Oh right, the show by RPG World's creator (and if you remember that webcomic, then hello old school webcomic alumni). Heard he got greenlighted, looking forward to it.

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

Was channel surfing and stumbled onto this gem of a show.

I love the video game theme of the characters leveling up and becoming stronger.

Enid has to be my favorite character besides their boss. It's nice to see a female character that is strong doesn't need rescuing. Her layed back attitude is great as well.

I watched all the episodes and want more! The show is turning out great!
    Last edited by Garps Fist; August 13th, 2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Edit

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Been watching it since last week's premier. Really enjoying it. I like KO's upbeat attitude toward things, such an endearing personality. Having the old voice of Goku/Gohan helps too.

I wonder how long it'll take for people to dub over Enid scenes with lines from Life is Strange's Chloe (same acress)

Mr Gar is the best.

Only minor gripe is it feels like Jim Cummings is selling the animation for Dr. Boxman better with his voice than the animators do with the images.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

loved this theme song

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Just caught up. Neat cartoon to add to the queue of shows to watch. Love the main character's designs and personalities.

Hopefully it sticks around. From a marketing perspective, would think plushies and collectible pow cards would be popular if the word spreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

That Captain Planet episode was a total riot!

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

We had Ian on the podcast I'm on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information