+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1232

Thread: Dr. Stone

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Default Re: Dr. Stone

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009232

I was wondering about the lack of discussion, but obviously it already happened under spoilers. Anyway, I wonder if teen Suika can still fit in a watermelon.
    Wash your hands.

The days of watermelon Suika are probably sadly over. I'm curious to see if she will keep the rest around her neck, get a smaller watermelon helmet with lenses, glasses that are somehow similar to watermelons or just ditch that asthetic entirely.
    Anyway, the translated chapter explains why it took Suika so long to revive Senku, which honestly isn't that surprising. Just because Senku wrote down the instructions won't make an 11-year-old who's barely able to read capable of following those steps flawlessly.

Seven years is pretty good. Good on Suika.

Four years, Suika was petrified for three.

Wait, wasn't it 2?
    Anyway, Suica carried the entire team and was the MVP.
    Let's goooo!!!

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Suika had no clue how long she was petrified for. Her guess was 1-2 years but we can probably get confirmation next chapter if she tells us how long it took to get the right formula.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Suika doesn't know it herself but the panels after everyone got petrified that also show the growth of the dog and the hog suggest that there were two winters in-between

Just a nice, heartfelt mini arc. Looking forward to where Suika goes as a character moving forward.

NNID: jervinnectar

Twist.

Spoiler:
    I had a feeling up to the reveal that Tsukasa will definitely not like what itís building up to. It's such a big deal that I really don't know where Inagaki will go with it until the end if the series. The petrification device already should never fall into the wrong hands but now it's more important than ever. If Xeno and his goons find out, or any other futute antagonist for that matter, they will not shy away to make as many sacrifices as it takes to get a working device into their hands, since life sacrifices can now just be undone.
    The problem is that they can't just destroy all existing devices and be done with it since first of all, it's too handy both as a deterring weapon and a panacea, and second the entire point of the series is that you can never stop humanity from advancing in science and no matter how long it takes, they will get there in the end anyways. So how exactly will they deal with the existence of Dr. Stone that will not just end up like the 21st century all over again, just with more powerful weapons?

Did not see this one coming, nope! So many implications with this reveal I'm gonna hold back with my judgement for now.
    We all float down here!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009400

I'm pretty sure the specific place they were in South America didn't had natural spanish speakers.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Dr. Stone is really inconsistent about languages, half the cast shouldn't be able to understand the other. Altough spanish speakers can communicate with portuguese speakers and understand each other with ease.
    Wash your hands.

I think that's mostly for simplicity's sake. If we spent a panel each time Gen/Francois/whoever else translates something the readability would suffer a lot

I'm a tad surprised Gen got so many more votes than Senku.

I fail to recon anything Gen did it in between the last 2 polls to take him to the top.

I can't think of anything in particular either.

Silver-tongued Gen manipulated people into voting for him, obviously

Thought this was cool.

Sagara and Chalk are the heroes. They have a family too. Top 5 manga right now

This is the first chapter ever since the Stanley chase began that I have actually read fully and just skimmed through. It's really been a while since this manga actually wanted to make me read each speach bubble. More of this please.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information